Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Ugh we are returning to this resort for the first time in quite a few years in December. The main areas being under construction would be very frustrating. We booked as a bounce back and I doubt we could change at this point.

Greetings. I just read on another site that room refurbs start in May, one building at a time. No worries there.
Bigger news is that the service buildings, food court, lounge, lobby are all being refurbed too with work to begin in Oct.
We are scheduled for Dec and crazy as it sounds, we are food court/lounge people. We relax at the resort in the early mornings and late evenings. Super worried this will impact our trip.
Has anyone heard any specifics about a timeline?
TIA
I've looked everywhere and can't find this information anywhere else; can you share where you read it?
ETA: Nevermind - found it!

Last edited:

May I ask-on what site have you all been finding information about room refurbs?

Thank you.

I can't find any information on this

I've seen some Chatter about the renovations of both the rooms and ALL of the main buildings in a few Facebook groups. We just got back from 2 glorious weeks and I was bold enough to speak to a few cast members about it. Yes, the rooms are getting a hard goods refurbishment a complete make over and we saw them working on a couple of rooms so they can make a decision about which redesign is best. The next phase will be redoing the main buildings. No solid idea yet of a timeline but we were told that there's a "decent" chance we'll get a new room in October depending on which end of the resort they start in since we prefer 7.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the information. I appreciate you all reaching out to me. We are considering going to Disney in January and are thinking about the French Quarters.

I have only stayed at POFQ for my 2 solo trips (IMO the best resort for this given the cost and proximity/boat to the Springs) but pics like these make me want to stop renting DVC points going forward and bringing the family there....now that the children are out of strollers the requirement for busses everywhere isn't as much of a hassle now.
Thanks for sharing!

I have only stayed at POFQ for my 2 solo trips (IMO the best resort for this given the cost and proximity/boat to the Springs) but pics like these make me want to stop renting DVC points going forward and bringing the family there....now that the children are out of strollers the requirement for busses everywhere isn't as much of a hassle now.
Thanks for sharing!
we spent 15 days and only went to parks 4 days and one after hours event at MK (simply can't put a price on this A-MAZ-ING night, best time ever!) We love POFQ for the sense of serenity it offers. We only stay in building 7, which just adds to the peace and tranquility. The staff is top-notch, the food court provides the best attention and care of my very limited diet, and the resort doesn't scream disney to us. We love that there's only one bus stop and the boat to the springs. We've stayed over Thanksgiving weekend, during marathons, spring break, tail end of the Christmas holidays, and never had the sense that the resort was busy.
The number of DVC info booths is mind-boggling to me, they are everywhere, and if anyone started talking to us my answer was " we're not your demographic, the only resort we'll ever stay at is French Quarter" they all admitted defeat 😉. The one who tried to tell us that we could spend the same and stay at "better hotels" saw my hubby's shirt and hat and gave up.

we spent 15 days and only went to parks 4 days and one after hours event at MK (simply can't put a price on this A-MAZ-ING night, best time ever!) We love POFQ for the sense of serenity it offers. We only stay in building 7, which just adds to the peace and tranquility. The staff is top-notch, the food court provides the best attention and care of my very limited diet, and the resort doesn't scream disney to us. We love that there's only one bus stop and the boat to the springs. We've stayed over Thanksgiving weekend, during marathons, spring break, tail end of the Christmas holidays, and never had the sense that the resort was busy.
The number of DVC info booths is mind-boggling to me, they are everywhere, and if anyone started talking to us my answer was " we're not your demographic, the only resort we'll ever stay at is French Quarter" they all admitted defeat 😉. The one who tried to tell us that we could spend the same and stay at "better hotels" saw my hubby's shirt and hat and gave up.

Is 7 a good choice if you want a quiet room/building?

Is 7 a good choice if you want a quiet room/building?
in our opinion, yes it is the quietest of the buildings. We like to stay in the furthest wing, favourite room is 7348 can't get more removed from the rest of the resort.
I timed it and it was just under 5 minutes to the food court at my slow wandering pace, about 9 minutes to the one at riverside. Can't hear the boat horns, the pool area, or the movies. They tend to start the landscaping around the centre and work outwards, never heard them until after 10. It's a straight shot to the busses if you walk past the parking lots instead of going down the main section of the resort.

*Most* of the time, on a Saturday night at 7:30… *most* of the folks are at one of the Parks, maybe over at POR if Bob is in house, or at Disney Springs.

In other words, you could probably get there at 7:15 and be fine.

Having said all that - if it’s raining, and/or if there was a RunDisney event, and/or it’s a holiday weekend, then all bets are off.

It’s a great band; we really enjoy the lounge. You will be able to hear the band from any seat, and see the band easily from almost every table. Waitstaff is excellent as well. 10/10 recommended.

If you want the real scoop, pop in the night before and ask the waitstaff what time to arrive.

Wow, this is what happens when you dont check the boards for a few months! Had no idea about the room renovations, we will be there in Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter