Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone, I have a question (Will be at POR 10/16-10/21).

Regarding Uber & Lyft...

I am most likely going to take either of these ride services up to universal for an afternoon. I've seen lots of comments on this thread regarding uber & lyft working great, however where do they actually pick up riders at riverside? Can they (uber & lyft drivers) get past the security gate(s) and get to the room buildings or are they pretty much locked down to picking up riders at the main building / lobby area?

Also, any word on the minnie vans being greenlit for port orleans or any or the other resorts? I know they're pricey but I'd be MORE than willing to pay for that service after fireworks at MK...

Thank you very much!
Hi, just returned from our POR stay on Sunday and used Uber a few times during our trip (to get to/from the water parks). We were in Parterre Place (building 95) and we'd walk to the 'circle' in the back of the building near the parking lot to meet our driver. I'd just send them a text after requesting the ride on the app as to which building we were in and let them know we were standing by they parking lot for that particular building. Drivers are able to get through the security gates.

I think the Minnie vans are still only being tested only at Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club resorts. You could always walk to the Contemporary Resort after Magic Kingdom fireworks and request an Uber pick you up from there. However, we had good experiences (didn't have to wait long) for buses to pick us up the 2 times we watched fireworks on our recent trip.

Hope you enjoy your stay at POR and have a magical trip!

Hi, just returned from our POR stay on Sunday and used Uber a few times during our trip (to get to/from the water parks). We were in Parterre Place (building 95) and we'd walk to the 'circle' in the back of the building near the parking lot to meet our driver. I'd just send them a text after requesting the ride on the app as to which building we were in and let them know we were standing by they parking lot for that particular building. Drivers are able to get through the security gates.

I think the Minnie vans are still only being tested only at Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club resorts. You could always walk to the Contemporary Resort after Magic Kingdom fireworks and request an Uber pick you up from there. However, we had good experiences (didn't have to wait long) for buses to pick us up the 2 times we watched fireworks on our recent trip.

Hope you enjoy your stay at POR and have a magical trip!

Thank you very much for this information!

First time for my daughter & I staying at POR. We've been to Pop in 2014 & 2016, I also grew up about 10-15 min away from WDW in Kissimee (my parents had the Three Season Salutes for our fam from their employers so we were in the parks often as kids, especially epcot for dinner & fireworks).

Wicked excited for this trip. F&W will be nuts, but that's to be expected. We did Wishes in 14 and leaving MK was crowded as expected. I just remember the bus for Pop being a bit of a wait. Not terrible or complaint worthy but enough to be looking for alternatives for when we leave that park after fireworks this year.

Does anyone have a room number or building number recommendation for a family of 5 with a preferred room? We are going in mid October.

Does anyone have a room number or building number recommendation for a family of 5 with a preferred room? We are going in mid October.
We just stayed there and I had requested building 14 because it was closest to food court
We were given building 27and at first I wasn't happy with that- but 27 was really not that much further -and it was right next to a path that led to the main pool
Building 14 was so close to the food court that many people walk by it on their way to other rooms, pool, etc.
I hadn't wanted building 15 because even though it was closest to the bus, many of the rooms faced a parking lot & I didn't want to come out to that view
Building 18 was in between 14 & 27 and I believe had a quiet pool behind it

Ask for what you want (close to the food court, close to a bus stop, etc.) rather than a building number or a room number.

Is it possible to get a Preferred room at Riverside that is near, or better yet connects to, a River View room? We need a preferred to guarantee the little bunk, but they don't actually have two rooms in that category available for our dates! I figured River View would be next best, since they are available in the Alligator Bayou buildings.

Thoughts?

Is it possible to get a Preferred room at Riverside that is near, or better yet connects to, a River View room? We need a preferred to guarantee the little bunk, but they don't actually have two rooms in that category available for our dates! I figured River View would be next best, since they are available in the Alligator Bayou buildings.

Thoughts?

There are River View rooms in the preferred area, and they are booked as a River View, not preferred.

If you want one of those rooms, you'll need to book River View, and then request a room in the preferred section. But, of course, requests are not guaranteed. But since you have two reservations, ask them to be connected, and they should book near each other, if not next to each other.

There are 31 River View rooms in buildings 14 and 27, so there is a pretty good chance you can get one very close to a Preferred Location room (although not actually connecting as they are just round the corner from each other). They might even upgrade the one booking if you are lucky in order to give you connecting rooms. Here's how building 14 is laid out for example (blue is River View, yellow is Preferred).

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

Andre

My apologies if this has been asked before, but has Riverside offered the gift card for forgoing Mousekeeping during your stay?

10 more days, I can't wait!

I've been thinking about building requests in AB and was wondering...is the West Depot always the 1st to be picked up? Does it change or is it pretty consistent?

I've been thinking about building requests in AB and was wondering...is the West Depot always the 1st to be picked up? Does it change or is it pretty consistent?

West is the first Depot to be dropped off / picked up for all the theme park buses. Disney Springs buses go to South first. Of course occasionally they may vary things depending on if an extra bus has been added, etc.

Andre

Very important question...Does PORS serve Mickey Waffles after regular breakfast hours? I was at Pop over July 4th and was able to get Mickey Waffles in the afternoon. I'm a late sleeper and sometimes just want a small something before heading out to the parks. Thanks, I just booked myself for four days over Halloween!

Very important question...Does PORS serve Mickey Waffles after regular breakfast hours? I was at Pop over July 4th and was able to get Mickey Waffles in the afternoon. I'm a late sleeper and sometimes just want a small something before heading out to the parks. Thanks, I just booked myself for four days over Halloween!

I don't think so, I don't recall seeing them at the bakery after breakfast hours - but then to be fair I wasn't looking for them.

Andre

West is the first Depot to be dropped off / picked up for all the theme park buses. Disney Springs buses go to South first. Of course occasionally they may vary things depending on if an extra bus has been added, etc.

Andre

Thank you!

This is my first time posting on this thread as we normally stay at CBR but are planning to come to visit POR next year. I have a few questions which I'm hoping the fantastic people on here can help me with.
1. My DD is desperate to stay in the Royal Rooms and was wondering if anyone had stayed in them recently felt that they had lost some of their charm with the bedding now being completely white?
2. Are the Royal Rooms a huge walk from the Food Court, pool etc? As CBR veterans we are used to a large spread out resort but we have been lucky enough never to have been placed at the very far end of that resort.
3. For anyone who has stayed in the past 2 weeks, and specifically this holiday weekend, how have the buses been and are you at a disadvantage if you stay in the Royal Rooms and being the last pick up?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

This is my first time posting on this thread as we normally stay at CBR but are planning to come to visit POR next year. I have a few questions which I'm hoping the fantastic people on here can help me with.
1. My DD is desperate to stay in the Royal Rooms and was wondering if anyone had stayed in them recently felt that they had lost some of their charm with the bedding now being completely white?
2. Are the Royal Rooms a huge walk from the Food Court, pool etc? As CBR veterans we are used to a large spread out resort but we have been lucky enough never to have been placed at the very far end of that resort.
3. For anyone who has stayed in the past 2 weeks, and specifically this holiday weekend, how have the buses been and are you at a disadvantage if you stay in the Royal Rooms and being the last pick up?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

We were in a Royal Room last week. #9711 in Parterre Place. We found the room quite charming but can't compare to the previous decor. DD6 loved it! It still feels regal.
I will estimate our walk to the food court and buses at 5 minutes. I don't think it was quite that long. There are royal rooms that would be further than that. Our location really worked out to be perfect and close to the bridge.
Buses are my only complaint about the resort. You are not any worse off going to the South depot, we used it daily and never had a bus arrive full so that we had to wait. We did find that for such a big resort, there just weren't enough buses. Our experience may differ from others so take it with a grain of salt. You will be fine but make sure to factor in plenty of travel time, especially coming back from the parks. We watched multiple buses come for other resorts while we waited for just one from Riverside.
Have a great trip!

On our way to the airport hotel for our stay over before our flight tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get to Disney and Riverside. I faxed a request a couple days ago. I will let you know if we got our request.

Checked in today. In room 8406 building 80 Magnolia Bend. I requested high floor / corner room . Got third floor and while it isn't a corner room with two windows - it is the last room and no connecting door. I booked standard 2 queens . The view really isn't bad . And not a long walk to the main pool / food court / lobby.

Edited to add - I just timed the walk to pool (2 minutes to entry gate ) and food court ( 4 minutes )

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter