Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at a moderate for the first time since 2004. We stayed at POFQ and liked it -- very quiet and peaceful. The trip after that, we stayed at POP for 3 nights before a cruise and DH said never ever again. Loud, loud, loud, chaotic, terrible beds. We were exhausted by the time the cruise started and slept through departure party, lol. We've gotten grumpier as we've gotten older ;), so we've stayed at various deluxes since then. Most of this has been about having that interior hallway and quieter rooms. We like to nap midday and now that we travel with a child, it's even more important to do naps. Also since we've have a child, though, costs are more a concern. So this time we're going to try a moderate again at POR the second week of April. We're hoping it is as successful as our moderate stay so long ago. Can you tell me if there are requests we should consider to help get a quieter room (I do understand requests are not guaranteed). For instance, we thought the top floor at POP would be quieter, but it turns out the walkways were really loud and echoey with stomping, luggage and carts. Whereas the bottom floor at POFQ didn't really seem too loud when people walked by. Any buildings (we are in a standard room) more peaceful? We'll have a car we can use to get to the main building if it's a long walk.

I'm really hoping this resort is something DH ends up liking. If we can do cheaper WDW trips, that means more trips, more often :thumbsup2

Kind of a dumb question, but is there some kind of a trick to using a Fire TV stick in the room? I can’t get it to work and I really don’t want to ask someone to come down here for a dumb question. lol

Edit: It just started working on its own! Love technology.

Last edited:
Can you tell me if there are requests we should consider to help get a quieter room (I do understand requests are not guaranteed). For instance, we thought the top floor at POP would be quieter, but it turns out the walkways were really loud and echoey with stomping, luggage and carts. Whereas the bottom floor at POFQ didn't really seem too loud when people walked by. Any buildings (we are in a standard room) more peaceful? We'll have a car we can use to get to the main building if it's a long walk.

We have stayed at POR three times now and the rooms we had were quieter than many of the deluxe resort rooms that we have stayed at. Two of the three times we requested first floor corner rooms in Alligator Bayou and they were very quiet. We had booked king rooms for those two stays. The last time we stayed there we had a standard view. We had a very quiet room on the second floor that faced the grassy area between the quiet pool and the parking lot. It was in Magnolia Bend.

I would call and add quiet location to your reservation. :)

We have stayed at POR three times now and the rooms we had were quieter than many of the deluxe resort rooms that we have stayed at. Two of the three times we requested first floor corner rooms in Alligator Bayou and they were very quiet. We had booked king rooms for those two stays. The last time we stayed there we had a standard view. We had a very quiet room on the second floor that faced the grassy area between the quiet pool and the parking lot. It was in Magnolia Bend.

I would call and add quiet location to your reservation. :)

Thank you so much!

Any buildings (we are in a standard room) more peaceful? We'll have a car we can use to get to the main building if it's a long walk.

I'm really hoping this resort is something DH ends up liking. If we can do cheaper WDW trips, that means more trips, more often :thumbsup2

We found POR and even CBR (pre-construction) quieter than the Poly. I think the interior hallways make it noisier. And the lobby and grounds at the Poly are always so busy, because of 'Ohana, etc.

We always ask for close to a bus stop, because we use Disney transportation, and second floor, and we have never had an issue with noise. Standard rooms are on the edges toward the parking lot-- and if you'll be using your car a lot, that will work for you. We've only been twice-- third trip will be this June. I loved the Poly, but I can't justify paying that price anymore, because I love POR equally. Having the boat to DS at POR is a really nice bonus too.

We stayed at POR and were given a first floor room, which I thought could be louder.

Was the absolute quietest stay we’ve ever had. We were in Alligator Bayou and not even on the end. Bldg 18, which was preferred location in between the path to the pool and the food court!

If we are closer to the South Bus Depot, but the West Depot isn't much farther, is it better to use West Depot? I've read some things about South being last pick-up location, so my concern is full busses before they arrive at South. Thanks!

We stayed at POR and were given a first floor room, which I thought could be louder.

Was the absolute quietest stay we’ve ever had. We were in Alligator Bayou and not even on the end. Bldg 18, which was preferred location in between the path to the pool and the food court!

Makes me hopeful! We are requesting first floor due to daughters medical diagnosis, so glad to hear you had a great stay and quiet!

If we are closer to the South Bus Depot, but the West Depot isn't much farther, is it better to use West Depot? I've read some things about South being last pick-up location, so my concern is full busses before they arrive at South. Thanks!
We stayed in the first building (14) and I preferred getting on at the South depot because it went straight from there to the parks and getting off at the West Depot (even though it was a longer walk), because it was the first one to be dropped off. I think it comes down to whether you have the patience to go pick up people in all the other stops.

My experience - during Princess Half Marathon weekend - your mileage will vary - Requested AB 13 or 14 got AB 27 and at 2:00 am wasn't going to try to move. 2733 is further back on the property than some non-preferred rooms (just keep it in mind) and there are no elevators in that building. The family that got there at the same time as we did were trying to figure out how to bring it upstairs (they ended up parking at the end of the building for the duration). Was happy to see management folks actively working the food court. Still was busy but they added cashiers so people could get in and out. Last day we were there our room was not cleaned. Got back from the parks at 7:00 pm. Sat on hold for housekeeping for 15 minutes before I decided to walk back to the front desk. Than there was another 15 minute wait to get help. The manager on duty indicated that I must have opted out of daily cleaning (nope). Asked for a full cleaning to be done (our trash was full and we didn't have any clean towels) Half an hour passed but our trash did get emptied and we did get clean towels. While at the desk I inquired about our Magical Express information (it had not been left at the door) to find out I didn't have reservations. I had been down to the front desk on our first day to insure our information was in the system and was told it was - had to spend time getting that sorted out again - Then I asked for a copy of my bill and found out that there were three charges on it that I hadn't authorized (got that fixed) Just not the best stay I have ever had there.

We stayed in the first building (14) and I preferred getting on at the South depot because it went straight from there to the parks and getting off at the West Depot (even though it was a longer walk), because it was the first one to be dropped off. I think it comes down to whether you have the patience to go pick up people in all the other stops.
If it's busy, South Depot will have its own bus. We've been twice for week long trips, using the North Depot primarily, and the bus often left for the parks after picking up at East Depot. I don't have much experience using the South Depot-- I don't know if we have ever used it in the morning, but we have used it to go to parks in the afternoon/evening. It always seems to be a zoo at the South Depot, but if they're running enough buses, which they seem to, it should be okay. We have no complaints about using the buses for pick up from the North Depot.

My experience - during Princess Half Marathon weekend - your mileage will vary - Requested AB 13 or 14 got AB 27 and at 2:00 am wasn't going to try to move. 2733 is further back on the property than some non-preferred rooms (just keep it in mind) and there are no elevators in that building. The family that got there at the same time as we did were trying to figure out how to bring it upstairs (they ended up parking at the end of the building for the duration). Was happy to see management folks actively working the food court. Still was busy but they added cashiers so people could get in and out. Last day we were there our room was not cleaned. Got back from the parks at 7:00 pm. Sat on hold for housekeeping for 15 minutes before I decided to walk back to the front desk. Than there was another 15 minute wait to get help. The manager on duty indicated that I must have opted out of daily cleaning (nope). Asked for a full cleaning to be done (our trash was full and we didn't have any clean towels) Half an hour passed but our trash did get emptied and we did get clean towels. While at the desk I inquired about our Magical Express information (it had not been left at the door) to find out I didn't have reservations. I had been down to the front desk on our first day to insure our information was in the system and was told it was - had to spend time getting that sorted out again - Then I asked for a copy of my bill and found out that there were three charges on it that I hadn't authorized (got that fixed) Just not the best stay I have ever had there.

I'm sorry you had a hard time. I got there around 1 am, but my room was assigned before I ever went to the airport. It was fairly close to the main building, and on the first floor as requested. I wanted building 14, but I got what I asked for in general, which was the most important. Housekeeping cleaned my room every day, and always while I was out of the room. All trash was emptied and dirty towels were always replaced, even if I didn't leave the towels on the floor. I considered opting out, because I'm alone and I don't make much of a mess. I ultimately decided that if someone had to come in the room anyway, I might as well have it cleaned.

ETA: I had no issues with buses, if anyone was wondering. It seemed like I had less of a wait this year than I did any other year, but I didn't try to rope drop at all, which might have made a difference. I did one late night at MK and I did have to wait for a second bus, but not for long.

Have they returned/repaired Dale yet in Fulton's General Store? He was missing from the animated display recently.

Attachments

• 20180302_233130.png
    20180302_233130.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 22
Hey everyone! We are going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside May 31 - June 6. We were originally going to stay at Port Orleans french quarter, but then riverside got some opening on their garden view rooms for the sun and fun room offer. It was $300 less, so we took it!

We're officially booked on a BB for our second stay at POR Aug 12-26. We had to change the dates for our trip and really thought we were going to have to change resorts as well, but our TA was given some additional pixie dust and I couldn't be more excited! I loved everything about the resort, but there was so much of it that we still didn't get to explore last summer. Yehaa Bob and a morning at the Fishin' Hole for my son are on my list of must-dos this time around. Thinking about a carriage ride, but we might have to play that one by ear with the August temperatures. I enjoy reading everyone's questions and reports, as it really helps me with our trips too.

We just got back from an 8 night stay at POR and we really loved it. This was our first time staying there and really our first time to WDW (my husband and I, he went to Epcot once 20 years ago and I went to WDW as a 2 year old, so don't remember one thing about it).

The buses were pretty darn good and the only complaint I could have about mousekeeping was that one day the maid forgot to replenish my sugar/creamer/stir stick packets. Otherwise, very good service overall and I would definitely consider staying here again! We were in AB 3715 and the room was very quiet for the most part. We liked being pretty close to the North Depot, which is the second stop for the buses.

We are staying at a moderate for the first time since 2004. We stayed at POFQ and liked it -- very quiet and peaceful. The trip after that, we stayed at POP for 3 nights before a cruise and DH said never ever again. Loud, loud, loud, chaotic, terrible beds. We were exhausted by the time the cruise started and slept through departure party, lol. We've gotten grumpier as we've gotten older ;), so we've stayed at various deluxes since then. Most of this has been about having that interior hallway and quieter rooms. We like to nap midday and now that we travel with a child, it's even more important to do naps. Also since we've have a child, though, costs are more a concern. So this time we're going to try a moderate again at POR the second week of April. We're hoping it is as successful as our moderate stay so long ago. Can you tell me if there are requests we should consider to help get a quieter room (I do understand requests are not guaranteed). For instance, we thought the top floor at POP would be quieter, but it turns out the walkways were really loud and echoey with stomping, luggage and carts. Whereas the bottom floor at POFQ didn't really seem too loud when people walked by. Any buildings (we are in a standard room) more peaceful? We'll have a car we can use to get to the main building if it's a long walk.

We just got back 2 weeks ago. Stayed in bldg 35 alligator bayou and it was great. Beside the quiet pool, laundry and west depot bus stop. Extremely quiet compared to most properties we have stayed. The room could have used some refurb but the beds were comfy. I was not prepared for the lack of elevator so the second floor room threw me initially but I did manage to haul everything up the stairs. I would highly recommend this location although it is a distance from the main bldg (we had a car and just drove to the main and parks when we wanted to swim or eat)

Hello all,

We will be coming to POR for the first time in December. We booked a Royal Room and are super excited about it. However, I just read that there are no elevators? Is this true? My grandmother will be joining us and will need an elevator if we are put on the second floor.

Hello all,

We will be coming to POR for the first time in December. We booked a Royal Room and are super excited about it. However, I just read that there are no elevators? Is this true? My grandmother will be joining us and will need an elevator if we are put on the second floor.

Royal rooms are in the mansions and they do have elevators. Check out www.portorleans.org and it will show you where the Royal rooms are located. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter