Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Both Riverside and FQ are lovely, and I'd happily stay at either one (I've happily stayed at both multiple times). There are some differences, namely the size of each resort, and the theme. FQ is the smaller of the two and is nice and compact. Riverside is more spread out. The food courts mirror that; FQ's is small, and Riverside is roomier. Both have pretty grounds, FQ is New Orleans, and Riverside is more greenery, and larger lawns. You can easily walk between them, and I try to do that at least once a trip. FQ has fresh beignets, so...
I would want to stay in the French Quarter side. I love New Orleans and just that feel. if that makes since. When I do, this is probably where I will stay :)

Does either French Quarter or Riverside have a sit down restaurant for breakfast? Also, do both hotels have elevators? Old person can’t walk up stairs easily. Thanks for any help!

I believe the two story buildings in Alligator Bayou are stairs only. I have only stayed in the mansions which did have elevators but someone may have a better answer for that.

French Quarter does have elevators in all buildings.

I believe the two story buildings in Alligator Bayou are stairs only. I have only stayed in the mansions which did have elevators but someone may have a better answer for that.

That's correct. The two-storey Alligator Bayou buildings do not have any elevators. However all the three-storey ones (Magnolia Bend at Riverside, and all of French Quarter) do have elevators in a single location in the middle of each building.

Andre

Neither have a sit down restaurant for breakfast - there are tables in the food court at both.

Yes, both hotels have elevators.

Years ago, Boatwright's offered a tasty and reasonably priced breakfast. Unfortunately they switched to dinner-only at some point.

Years ago, Boatwright's offered a tasty and reasonably priced breakfast. Unfortunately they switched to dinner-only at some point.
They sure did. But that was quite a while ago. I remember walking from FQ over to Boatwright's for breakfast.

POR-Re-opening-1day.png

No, we weren't really expecting them to be. They were trying to avoid spending money that didn't bring immediate revenue back in.

Andre
Thanks, That’s disappointing because they finished the All Star Music renovation while it was closed and appear to be working on All Star Sports right now. Hopefully they get to it soon.

Thanks, That’s disappointing because they finished the All Star Music renovation while it was closed and appear to be working on All Star Sports right now. Hopefully they get to it soon.

I'm rather glad they haven't. None of the other POR/POFQ refurbs seem to have been actual improvements, apart from in purely practical terms (USB sockets, space under beds, vanity mirrors, bigger TV, etc). Looks and theming wise, every change Disney makes seems to be for the worse.

Andre

Just checked in after morning at Animal Kingdom... a little magic upgrade to a corner room, water view right at the bus depot and across from Pool / Dining... empty parking lot - seems to be an almost empty building! Building next to ours has cars and people moving about. So exciting, never had this kind of magic.

Resting for a bit then headed out for a walk around.20211016_131434.jpg

Last edited:
Any rumors whether Boatwrights is opening soon? We love that restaurant!
Sadly it probably won't be opening this year.

Andre

I'm so sad this isn't open for our trip next month, but I know all good things take time. I'm. just hoping to see Bob. But missing a great meal close to the room for an early dinner before a race.

A little bit of not great news - went to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom tonight - waited 30 minutes and it still wasn't posting an arrival time (by now it was 6:20 p.m. and park closes at 8) - I stopped a driver in training - they tried to call to see if one was coming - waiting a few minutes to no answer - so I finally drove myself. The driver / driver in training said the resort was newly re-opened and that they are still working things out. They were very nice, but beware if you are relying on bus transportation from Port Orleans in the near future.

That said - the pool this afternoon was amazing! And the dining hall was almost empty. Definitely not booked anywhere near capacity.

Also - tip... you have to pump the shampoo / conditioner / body wash a lot (a minute+) to get them working again. Never did succeed with the body wash - but a CM came up and swapped it out for us. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter