Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Do all the Royal Rooms have hard floors? Ive seen some room tour videos posted about a year ago with hard floors but then some recently posted with carpeting. Just wondering which is it?
No, very few of them do. Most of them still have the lovely custom-themed carpets featuring the Flying Carpet from Aladdin. But enjoy them while you can, there are already a few rooms that have been replaced with laminate floors (if the carpet was worn or damaged and needed replacing) and the rest will be done during the next refurbishment cycle.

Andre

Do all the Royal Rooms have hard floors? Ive seen some room tour videos posted about a year ago with hard floors but then some recently posted with carpeting. Just wondering which is it?
Most of the Royal rooms still have carpeting. They haven't been refurbished yet like the rest of the resort rooms.

We are doing a split POR/Pop stay in June. If we ask them to transfer our luggage, do we forfeit it whenever we give it to them or would we be able to reclaim it up until check in time at Pop? I ask because we have 8am Tucker House reservations on transfer day, but would like to return to POR for a quick swim their pool before heading for check in at Pop in the afternoon. Should I just check our bags at the bellhop so we can grab our suits and change at the pool, and then ask they be transferred when we are ready to head to Pop?

need one night for an add on for upcoming trip. Stayed at Port Orleans over 25 years ago
should I do Riverside or French Quarter and why

Anyone who has visited in teh past several months, can you confirm the presence of a mini fridge v. beverage cooler in rooms?

Anyone who has visited in teh past several months, can you confirm the presence of a mini fridge v. beverage cooler in rooms?

Mostly still fridges (but with a "beverage cooler" label stuck on the front) but there may be some rooms where replacements have been made from newer stock.

Andre

My brother will be staying in Riverside in August. Does anyone know if Bell Services will take luggage to the rooms?

My brother will be staying in Riverside in August. Does anyone know if Bell Services will take luggage to the rooms?

Yes, they can do that. You'll need to be in your room to receive it - or you may be able to save yourself a walk and tag along on the cart if you're lucky.

Andre

Just back from this amazing resort! We did a split-stay 1 day at POR and 1 at Poly and I honestly had a much better time at POR! The staff was AMAZING! They came up to us while waiting to check in to explain the wait. My Husband told her it was my Birthday and she disappeared to get me a Birthday button. They upgraded us from Standard view to King Bed Preferred. Then at Riverside Mill food court the counter service staff (even the linecook) sang Happy Birthday to me.:love: The boat ride to Disney Springs was so relaxing. We caught sunset on the way back from dinner. The Ol' Man pool and Muddy River Bar was amazing! Highly recommend this resort.IMG_2449.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2409.jpeg
    IMG_2409.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
Just back from this amazing resort! We did a split-stay 1 day at POR and 1 at Poly and I honestly had a much better time at POR! The staff was AMAZING! They came up to us while waiting to check in to explain the wait. My Husband told her it was my Birthday and she disappeared to get me a Birthday button. They upgraded us from Standard view to King Bed Preferred. Then at Riverside Mill food court the counter service staff (even the linecook) sang Happy Birthday to me.:love: The boat ride to Disney Springs was so relaxing. We caught sunset on the way back from dinner. The Ol' Man pool and Muddy River Bar was amazing! Highly recommend this resort.View attachment 765861
I would love to hear why you thought this was better than the Poly. Sounds like you had a great time!

I would love to hear why you thought this was better than the Poly. Sounds like you had a great time!
The PEOPLE the castmembers made POR shine for us! From a lovely castmember getting me a Birthday button while I was waiting to check-in, to the food service staff singing Happy Birthday to me. Everyone had a smile for us. By the pool the lady cleaning out the garbage was ready to tie up the bag and she held it open for us to drop more trash in it - all with a courteous smile. Now that's above and beyond! The atmosphere is amazing and infectious. I just loved it!

Last edited:
Are the quiet pools still “24 hours” there? We’ll be getting in late and was hoping to get my son in the pool once we get there. I know they’re not technically 24 hours but have they started locking them?

I just booked our first stay at POR for this October! My DH and I just stayed at POFQ last month. (And loved it. It's my new favorite resort and we did a split stay at Poly so I'm even ranking it over that.) He fell in love with Riverside when explored over there and mentioned wanting to stay there next time. I also like the 5th sleepers so that my kids don't have to share a bed.

My question is this. I am a TA and booked with my TA discount through our portal which is different than the normal Disney website or even where we book clients. The option that I booked was listed as "Garden View 5th Sleeper" but that is not a thing at Riverside. Do you think this is the same thing as the Woods View? Did the name maybe change at some point and the older system is still showing the old one?

The option that I booked was listed as "Garden View 5th Sleeper" but that is not a thing at Riverside. Do you think this is the same thing as the Woods View? Did the name maybe change at some point and the older system is still showing the old one?
All of the 5th sleeper rooms are in Alligator Bayou. I think that garden and woods would be the same thing for those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter