Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked a Royal room river view!! Woohoo! Too bad it's only 2 nights :(

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get from POR to Ohana's for breakfast? My ADR window is coming up in a couple of weeks and I don't know what time to try and get a breakfast ressie for Ohana's as I don't know how long it will take to get to the Poly and the restaurant.

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get from POR to Ohana's for breakfast?

Via Disney transport, I would be at the POR bus stop at least an hour before your reservation, and ideally 90 minutes to be on the safe side. To be honest, given how much you are paying for such a meal anyway, and to give yourselves an extra hour in bed and to arrive refreshed, I'd just get a taxi I think. That would take 10-15 mins and only cost $10-$15.

Andre

I'm very sorry, as I'm sure this has been asked a million times over, but I've searched and haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for and I'm in a hurry to send a fax request, as we check in this Friday.

We have booked two standard rooms at POR. We would like to be close to the food court, as we will be eating there 1-2 times a day and refill our mugs often. Which buildings should I request to be close to the food court? I looked at the map and I'm thinking 16 or 17, but could 38 or 39 be closer, by going over the bridge? My sister-in-law is pregnant and my mom has Ménière's disease (a severe form of vertigo), so if we can be closer, that'd be great, though I know it's only a request. I'm just wondering which buildings I should include in te fax. Thanks!

It's been 4 years since we stayed at POR. I was wondering how many drawers were in the dresser with the pull down bed? We are bringing my niece with us this time so we went with PORto sleep 5. I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered! I was just wondering if we were going to live out of our suitcases.

I have a question for anyone that may know. I booked Coronado Springs and Im having second thoughts about POR---I have a 7 year old boy and will be spending 7 nights with free dining. Ive heard that CS has better food is that true? Which would a kid enjoy more, considering arcade room, pool (only have 1 free day to spend at pool) and just overall feel? Thanks

I have a question for anyone that may know. I booked Coronado Springs and Im having second thoughts about POR---I have a 7 year old boy and will be spending 7 nights with free dining. Ive heard that CS has better food is that true? Which would a kid enjoy more, considering arcade room, pool (only have 1 free day to spend at pool) and just overall feel? Thanks

We've stayed at both and my 5 year old now always asks for POR. I personally like the food court better and the atmosphere is more appealing to us. At POR, you don't have the business people at the convention center either. Definitely felt like it was more of a family vibe :)

We've stayed at both and my 5 year old now always asks for POR. I personally like the food court better and the atmosphere is more appealing to us. At POR, you don't have the business people at the convention center either. Definitely felt like it was more of a family vibe :)

Is it worth the up charge? It will be $100 more to stay there. Thanks for the info too!

It's been 4 years since we stayed at POR. I was wondering how many drawers were in the dresser with the pull down bed? We are bringing my niece with us this time so we went with PORto sleep 5. I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered! I was just wondering if we were going to live out of our suitcases.
There are 3 drawers, they are small and can't be accessed when the bed is folded down

Is it worth the up charge? It will be $100 more to stay there. Thanks for the info too!

$100 overall or $100 more a night? $100 overall it's definitely worth it in my opinion!!

$100 more per night would be worth it to me personally just bc I feel more "at home" at POR and we spend a lot of time in the pool to give the kids a break. But in your case, if you're not gonna spend a whole lot of time in your room and will only have 1 pool day, I would save the money toward something else ;)

$100 overall or $100 more a night? $100 overall it's definitely worth it in my opinion!!

$100 more per night would be worth it to me personally just bc I feel more "at home" at POR and we spend a lot of time in the pool to give the kids a break. But in your case, if you're not gonna spend a whole lot of time in your room and will only have 1 pool day, I would save the money toward something else ;)
Its overall. I think it would be worth it for the boat ride to Disney Springs to.

Woohoo, so I finally booked yesterday. POR Royal Guest Room river view!!
We are only staying 2 nights and going to Epcot for our 1 full day there. How long should we allow to get to Epcot if (a) we have a rental car and (b) if we don't have a rental car and are using Disney buses? My ADR window opens in 18 days so I'd like to make a breakfast ressie as one of my ressies and wondered what time I should make it for - so I need to know how long it will take to get to the park ;-)

I haven't stayed at either, but a perk in my kiddo's eyes was at POR we have TWO pool options, since we can also use the POFQ. They're excited about the options.

I'm very sorry, as I'm sure this has been asked a million times over, but I've searched and haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for and I'm in a hurry to send a fax request, as we check in this Friday.

We have booked two standard rooms at POR. We would like to be close to the food court, as we will be eating there 1-2 times a day and refill our mugs often. Which buildings should I request to be close to the food court? I looked at the map and I'm thinking 16 or 17, but could 38 or 39 be closer, by going over the bridge? My sister-in-law is pregnant and my mom has Ménière's disease (a severe form of vertigo), so if we can be closer, that'd be great, though I know it's only a request. I'm just wondering which buildings I should include in te fax. Thanks!

Just ask for what you want - close to the food court - rather than ask for a building.

My family is obviously just freaks....we request Block 28! When we were there last time we only saw one other family in the 10 days we were there, it's perfect!

We are coming back to POR! For a split stay with BWV. We will be at POR for only 2 nights just to see one of our favorite resorts, take a boat to Disney Springs and of course have some amazing omelets from Haywood ( hopefully he is still there!). We love AB and hope to get one of the farthest rooms from the food court. Last time we were here we were in bldg 35 and LOVED the walk back to our room....

There are 3 drawers, they are small and can't be accessed when the bed is folded down

Sorry to contradict but we were able to access the drawers with the bed down fairly easily. They're not huge but were ideal for undies and swimming costumes. Other than that there isn't a lot of storage and we were glad we took fabric hanging shelves and a fold up laundry basket.

Andre...

I know this might be a little soon for even you to know, but will the new "No Fishing" ban affect any of the fishing opportunities at POR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter