Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are new to POR, we are a family of 5 so to guarantee a day bed we reserved a preferred room, the way I understand it there is no chance of getting a river view, do I understand this correctly?

We are also a family of 4 and booked a bounceback offer (choice of riverview room or royal room) and we went with riverview room. My plan is to request AB section, building 14 -we've been there a few times and have always had AB section. Love having the extra bed (our DD's are teens but tiny enough to sleep on the pull down murphy bed) Good luck getting your choice:-)
This is exactly what my choices were and I went for River View. I've only stayed in Royal and the other Magnolia Bend mansions, so I'm hoping to get Building 14 for AB! But from what I've been told, none of the River View Rooms will be a bad area. Yay!! :yay:

We are new to POR, we are a family of 5 so to guarantee a day bed we reserved a preferred room, the way I understand it there is no chance of getting a river view, do I understand this correctly?

As a family of five (assuming you are all aged 3+) you would be guaranteed a room with the fold-down bed anyway - i.e. in Alligator Bayou section - so there's no need to book Preferred. I would suggest switching to River View if that's what you want, and then you will get a room in one of buildings 14, 27 or 38 only, all of which are lovely locations.

Andre

thanks andrewilley and magicalcouple, My reservations stems from an incident a few years back where I was told that because we are a family of 5 (yes all over 3) that we would automatically get a room with a daybed(stayed beach club with club level) and we were given a room with two queen beds, they offered a free rollaway. Now to avoid that hastle I am hesitant to book any room that does not guarantee beds for 5 without a rollaway, that's why I booked preferred. I am not certain a view is important enough to pay more, just wondering if the possibility existed.

thanks andrewilley and magicalcouple, My reservations stems from an incident a few years back where I was told that because we are a family of 5 (yes all over 3) that we would automatically get a room with a daybed(stayed beach club with club level) and we were given a room with two queen beds, they offered a free rollaway. Now to avoid that hastle I am hesitant to book any room that does not guarantee beds for 5 without a rollaway, that's why I booked preferred. I am not certain a view is important enough to pay more, just wondering if the possibility existed.
I wouldn't worry that your BC CL experience could happen to you at POR. The club level floor at the Beach Club is on the top floor. Some of those rooms have a dormer balcony and those are the club level rooms that don't have the daybed. But POR has plenty of beds for families of five. :)

haha thanks wood nymph, I am well versed now on the rooms at beach club and I was surprised to find that not all club rooms are on the 5th floor! but still not guaranteed a balcony. Thanks for "welcoming" me over to POR, I cant wait to try something new!

haha thanks wood nymph, I am well versed now on the rooms at beach club and I was surprised to find that not all club rooms are on the 5th floor! but still not guaranteed a balcony. Thanks for "welcoming" me over to POR, I cant wait to try something new!
We love both the BC and POR. I hope you enjoy your stay at POR. :)

My reservations stems from an incident a few years back where I was told that because we are a family of 5 (yes all over 3) that we would automatically get a room with a daybed(stayed beach club with club level) and we were given a room with two queen beds, they offered a free rollaway.

Don't worry, at Port Orleans Riverside they have to put parties of five into Alligator Bayou rooms, which all have the fold-down Murphy beds. The other (mansion building) rooms only have two queens and cannot accommodate five people - the resort doesn't even have any of the old rollaway style beds any more, so they can't put the five of you in a mansion room. Just book River View, they can't put you anywhere but buildings 14, 27 or 38.

Andre

After posting about the advantages of staying off property, a friend introduced me to a cast member who got into Port Orleans French Quarter for an incredible rate. I have some questions on Port Orleans French Quarter.

* Grocery Shopping - Read Safeway is a good choice. We plan to eat breakfast in the room.
* How often do the shuttle buses run to the parks?
* How long of a drive to each park?
* Any general tips you would like to share?

George

After posting about the advantages of staying off property, a friend introduced me to a cast member who got into Port Orleans French Quarter for an incredible rate. I have some questions on Port Orleans French Quarter.

* Grocery Shopping - Read Safeway is a good choice. We plan to eat breakfast in the room.
* How often do the shuttle buses run to the parks?
* How long of a drive to each park?
* Any general tips you would like to share?

George
This is actually the Port Orleans Riverside thread, sister resort to French Quarter. You can find the French Quarter thread here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ort-information-and-questions-thread.3178768/

I don't know of a Safeway anywhere near Disney World, and only a handful in Florida - the nearest on the map is Altamonte Springs which is way over the other side of Orlando. I tend to use the WalMart on SR535 Vineland Rd, which is an easy 5.5 mile drive from Port Orleans. Goodings at Crossroads is closer, but smaller and expensive - and due to close soon.

Andre

We have a pre park opening (as of now) breakfast booked for MK. How would that work with the buses or should we plan on driving ourselves?

We will be there 7/27-8/4. I received an email from Disney Destinations today notifying me of POR room refurbs and 1 of the pools closed while we are there. I have already requested Bldg 85 (magnolia terrace) but if that's the quiet pool that will be closed I may reconsider. Any way of finding out where the refurb will begin?

We have a pre park opening (as of now) breakfast booked for MK. How would that work with the buses or should we plan on driving ourselves?
For early morning arrival at MK the bus works best. It is also possible to get an Uber to The Contemporary, then walk to MK. Minnie vans will drop you off at the bus area of MK but are often very hard to get in early morning.

We will be there 7/27-8/4. I received an email from Disney Destinations today notifying me of POR room refurbs and 1 of the pools closed while we are there. I have already requested Bldg 85 (magnolia terrace) but if that's the quiet pool that will be closed I may reconsider. Any way of finding out where the refurb will begin?

I got this email today also. We will be there 7/28-8/3. My DD loves the quiet pool, I hope we aren’t near a closed one.

I also got a refurb email today. Nothing about a pool being closed but we’re going in October.

I’m there for the first two weeks in August so called Disney. There’s no construction work, it’s just a room refurb and will be on a room to room basis. Very unlikely to cause any disturbance and as I’ll likely be in Magnolia Bend I won’t see anything at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter