Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

You might get away with booking while you are there or just turning up, but it's a busy time of year so if you know when you want to go then booking at least a few days in advance would be a good idea.

Andre

Thanks Andre. We arrive on 20th and I was hoping to do this on 31st. Is there a particular time of the evening you would recommend for it?

Can I get a parcel delivered straight to resort? If so what are the charges etc?

I would like to order some Tim Tracker tees but as I'm from the Uk the shipping is high and then we have to pay customs on top :mad:

I just checked in to POR today and I am reminded why I picked it again, it really is beautiful here. My room is clean and fresh and was ready at 1:00, so I am happy. Unfortunately, I did not get my requests granted, so I don’t know if my fax wasn’t read or it wasn’t possible. That is a slight disappointment, but I am here on the last leg of my road trip with my teenager. It’s all good!

What fax number did you use and what requests did you send if you don’t mind me asking? We are celebrating my kids unbirthdays and I wanted to have their birthday buttons waiting for them in the room.

What fax number did you use and what requests did you send if you don’t mind me asking? We are celebrating my kids unbirthdays and I wanted to have their birthday buttons waiting for them in the room.
I used the fax number from the beginning of this thread. I asked for magnolia terrace, second floor, near the bridge or a quiet pool. We are on the second floor, lol. But that’s it. I am not mad, I was just hopeful. I have a slightly bum knee and I was just wishing.

Can I get a parcel delivered straight to resort? If so what are the charges etc?

I would like to order some Tim Tracker tees but as I'm from the Uk the shipping is high and then we have to pay customs on top :mad:
My understanding is that you can do that. It goes to bell services and they charge you $5 per package. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. I'll cover the $5 is you buy me a shirt too lol

We've never stayed at POR, but will be in three weeks! Suggestions for lunch/dinner favorites at Riverside Mill?

We've never stayed at POR, but will be in three weeks! Suggestions for lunch/dinner favorites at Riverside Mill?

They have good food but we always head over to POFQ for the QS. Much better we think. It's a short walk. We do however after a long night of "libations" enjoyment hitting Riverside Mill for cheesecake, Carrot cake and coffee. They serve us right up to closing.

The prime rib at BoatWrights is very good.

We will be there in 7 days! Yay! My favourite meal is the build your own pasta- you can add a protein and lots of veggies/different sauces. And I definitely finish my meal with a magic cookie bar - so yummy! We sometimes walk over to POFQ for beignets.

Are any room locations dog free (minus service dogs)? I would like to book a stay here, but need a dog free area and room. I wasn't sure if they allow dogs in all room locations or if they have certain sections that allow dogs. Google gives conflicting info. Thanks!

My understanding is that you can do that. It goes to bell services and they charge you $5 per package. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. I'll cover the $5 is you buy me a shirt too lol
Brill, thank you :) When It gets sent there how do they know it's for a guest and I do I ask at check in for the parcel?

How about you order the tees and I'll pay the $5 when I collect? :confused3

Are any room locations dog free (minus service dogs)? I would like to book a stay here, but need a dog free area and room. I wasn't sure if they allow dogs in all room locations or if they have certain sections that allow dogs. Google gives conflicting info. Thanks!

I believe they keep the dogs to a certain area in the Alligator Bayou section. I think I’d request a room in one of the mansion buildings to avoid dogs.

The create your own pasta station is our favorite! Such big portions and it is delicious! We also like to walk over to POFQ, we are definitely walking over there this trip for the Mickey beignets. Riverside is one of our favorite food courts on property for QS... something we really missed when staying at BC for the last 2 years.

How far of a walk is it to POFQ and is there a path?

Yes, there is a path. The walk is about 10-15 mins. It’s a very pretty walk along the river.

ETA - I guess it depends on where you are walking from. From our room in Magnolia Terrace to the FQ food court it was about 10-15 mins.

Just got back from 6 nights at POR and stayed in building 34, room 3462. 2 minute walk to the West Depot bus stop which is first pickup in the morning (empty bus) and first dropoff at night. We took a boat ride to Disney Springs and then right back to POR on Saturday night and it was very pretty. Felt one mosquito all trip which is incredible considering the amount of standing swamp water only feet away from the walking paths.

Brill, thank you :) When It gets sent there how do they know it's for a guest and I do I ask at check in for the parcel?

How about you order the tees and I'll pay the $5 when I collect? :confused3

When you choose the shipping address, make sure your name, the word GUEST, and your arrival date are in there. It took a few minutes to find but our check in cast member got our packages and it was a flat $5 fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter