Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

If we are trying to make it for early entry, are the busses that early still stopping at all the outside perimeter bus stops first before hitting the main stop at the lobby, or are busses purely just starting at the main lobby that early in the morning? Thanks.

Buses collect from all of the stops. When it is especially busy and the buses start to fill up, they may have one bus do the outer circuit and then another do the main (South) depot.

Andre

Buses collect from all of the stops. When it is especially busy and the buses start to fill up, they may have one bus do the outer circuit and then another do the main (South) depot.

Andre
Do they still work the outside stops first before hitting the main lobby stop?

We recently got back from a stay at POR and we took our dog. $50/night, he did wonderful while we were at the parks, he was never left alone for more that 4 hours and we came back to the resort and spent at least 3 hours with him, walking him around the resort until we went back. He was completely fine being left alone as he went to sleep as soon as we left (we had a camera on him so we could check on him). We only took him because we went to visit family after we left Disney World for another 4 days. It was much cheaper to bring him with us then to leave him at home in a kennel. Lots of people seemed to really enjoy seeing him, multiple people asked to pet him and the cast members loved him, they all wish they could have either brought their dogs or at least enjoyed seeing him because it them joy.

I know it's a touchy subject for many but you have to do what's best for you and your family, we consider our dog as a part of the family so he comes on trips with us.

You sound like a responsible dog owner and you didn't leave the dog for many hours alone and obviously you know your dog and know he/she would be fine. Our dog would never be OK with being left in a strange place and I wouldn't traumitize her by doing so (she's a rescue and has definitely been abused prior to us adopting her). She will stay at my sisters house when we vacation, which is very seldom. I read about someone leaving their two dogs along in their rooms and the dogs barked continuously (not sure if it was POR). I just think it's unfair because if dogs are barking like that, obviously they are scared or if that's normal behavior then dog owners just don't care.

I just booked a stay here starting on Monday so now I only have today, Sunday, to plan everything and pack! Are there still microwaves in the food court? And where can you refill the mugs? Is it only in the main building or do they have them in all the buildings?

Am I correct in thinking that river view rooms would put us closer to the main pool and a quicker walk to the the food court than a garden/wood view room?

Am I correct in thinking that river view rooms would put us closer to the main pool and a quicker walk to the the food court than a garden/wood view room?

Yes, River Views all face out over the pathway around Ol' Man Island, so it's not a long walk to the main pool - and across the island gets you to the main building too. If you're lucky, you might even get put in building 14, which is the closest of the buildings that also contain the 'Preferred Location' rooms.

Andre

Yes, River Views all face out over the pathway around Ol' Man Island, so it's not a long walk to the main pool - and across the island gets you to the main building too. If you're lucky, you might even get put in building 14, which is the closest of the buildings that also contain the 'Preferred Location' rooms.

Andre
This is helpful, thanks. So if I book "River view" then I can still be placed in the preferred section(bldg 14 or 27) even though I didn't book preferred or 5th sleeper? I think this is how water view works at Caribbean so just checking that I am understanding this correctly.

sorry for all the questions! It's been years since we stayed at Riverside. Do they now have ping-pong, giant chess, corn hole, etc. similar to the other moderate resorts? And would a teenager find the main pool fun? The slide looks longer than French Quarter which would be great!

This is helpful, thanks. So if I book "River view" then I can still be placed in the preferred section(bldg 14 or 27) even though I didn't book preferred or 5th sleeper?

Yes, ALL of the River View, Pool View, and King Bed rooms fall into those respective categories, regardless of where in the resort they are located - mansion buildings, alligator bayou, or preferred buildings area (but not the two Royal Room buildings). There are no "River View Preferred" booking options, they felt it would just get too complicated to add yet another six or more categories to cover every eventuality.

Andre

Are there microwaves in the rooms at POR? If not, would the food court be best option for hot water?

Are rooms with connecting doors louder than rooms without or not much difference? Also what does everyone prefer....mansions or bayou-(river view booked)? We've only ever stayed in preferred bayou but it was 10 years ago.

It's been 5-6 years since we stayed at POR. Excited about returning in January. I notice that some rooms are now dog friendly. We like our four legged friends but we won't be bringing them on vacation and we would like to avoid rooms where dogs have been if possible. I notice that when selecting room preferences I could request a pet-friendly room. Since I'm not requesting one I sure hope that means I won't get one. Is there some way to determine which rooms aer designated as pet-friendly?

Is there some way to determine which rooms aer designated as pet-friendly?

Remember that any room could have had a service animal present. But mostly they try to use building 28 for pet dogs at POR, assuming there are no other requirements in the guest's booking (e.g. River View, Preferred Location, Royal Room, etc)

Andre

It's been 5-6 years since we stayed at POR. Excited about returning in January. I notice that some rooms are now dog friendly. We like our four legged friends but we won't be bringing them on vacation and we would like to avoid rooms where dogs have been if possible. I notice that when selecting room preferences I could request a pet-friendly room. Since I'm not requesting one I sure hope that means I won't get one. Is there some way to determine which rooms aer designated as pet-friendly?

You could always let them know there is are allergies in your family and request a room that is not pet friendly. I am sure they have this since some people are highly allergic to dogs.

We are staying at POR in May. Is the resort presently being filled 100% or do they still limit occupancy due to covid and personel issues? Does a coffee pot and coffee have to be requested or is it automatically in the room?

We are staying at POR in May. Is the resort presently being filled 100% or do they still limit occupancy due to covid and personel issues? Does a coffee pot and coffee have to be requested or is it automatically in the room?

In-room coffee machines (and coffee pods) are complimentary.

The resort is still not being filled to 100%, but is gradually being increased. I would have thought by Christmas week they will be pretty-much there,

Andre

You could always let them know there is are allergies in your family and request a room that is not pet friendly. I am sure they have this since some people are highly allergic to dogs.
I don’t think I could honestly say we have an allergy to dogs. We have a preference not to pay big money and have to endure lingering dog smell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter