Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I apologize if this has been addressed. Boatwrights: (I also posed this on POR FB pages). they have ribs on the AYCE skillet, I'm assuming they start you out with 3 ribs but you can order more. is there any way you can not order the skillet but just order 6 ribs with a side? my hubby is sickly (weighed 200 about 4 years ago, now weighs 130). eats very little. Boatwrights is one of his favorite restaurants, but the ribs were the only thing he liked. I mean when you think about it, they have the ribs in the kitchen. He will eat almost nothing off the $35 AYCE skillet (let alone ordering more). maybe for $24? $26 ? (look at me haggling like I'm at a garage sale..lol) . it was said on FB that "you won't know until you ask the server". well, that's kinda late to change a restaurant reservation. if someone is there or going beofre mid May and could ask that would be great!

We are doing an extended family trip, and will have a member with a scooter. My concern is the bus stop situation. We are staying in the Royal Rooms, in June, what would you recommend for the best stop to load the scooter? I am not sure what the 1st stop is currently (or if it changes), or if it is better to go to French Quarter?

We are doing an extended family trip, and will have a member with a scooter. My concern is the bus stop situation. We are staying in the Royal Rooms, in June, what would you recommend for the best stop to load the scooter? I am not sure what the 1st stop is currently (or if it changes), or if it is better to go to French Quarter?
The Royal rooms are closest to the East depot, which is the third stop. The last stop is the South depot, next to the main building. I would use the closest stop to your room because any other stop wouldn’t be worth the time it would take you to get there.

Hello! I'm staying at POR for the first time ever at the end of April and I'm bringing my dog. I booked a Woods View room. Does anyone have any estimates on where they may possibly place me? It doesn't really matter but I am curious since it's a new resort for me.

Just pay for the skillet and ask for just ribs
thanks for the suggestion, but we'd rather not "just" pay for the skillet. he is sickly and eats very little, which is the reason we don't do buffets or AYCE; it's not worth it for him.. (we have done character buffets with the grandkids but that is for the characters). and obviously you can't get a "doggie bag" for AYCE. he would eat about a third of the ribs entree and bring the rest back to the room so we would get what we pay for. I was just hoping someone there might be kind enough to ask if it's a possibility. paying $35 for an AYCE skillet for my husband to eat 4 ribs and a spoonful of potatos isn't an option :(

The Royal rooms are closest to the East depot, which is the third stop. The last stop is the South depot, next to the main building. I would use the closest stop to your room because any other stop wouldn’t be worth the time it would take you to get there.
Usually we would do that, but with the scooter I wasn't sure if we would have trouble getting a bus that isn't already full or has the scooter area full before it gets to us.

Hello! I'm staying at POR for the first time ever at the end of April and I'm bringing my dog. I booked a Woods View room. Does anyone have any estimates on where they may possibly place me? It doesn't really matter but I am curious since it's a new resort for me.
We took our dogs once and we stayed in Acadia House in the mansion section, They prefer to place dogs in Building 24 or 15 in Alligator Bayou.

Do they sell liquid Dayquil and Nyquil in the resort store? That's the only thing I don't want to pack because if it bursts in the suitcase, that wouldn't be good. But I'd like to know if the store has it in case I get sick. (I prefer the liquid to pills.) Thanks!

Usually we would do that, but with the scooter I wasn't sure if we would have trouble getting a bus that isn't already full or has the scooter area full before it gets to us.
It is actually the 3rd stop on the rotation. The buses go to the parks in the following order: West, North. East, South (Resort Central).

Looking to stay perhaps at Port Orleans Riverside in a standard or garden view room for 3-4 nights. If we wanted to do 2 park days, Magic Kingdom and one other, would the bus system be appropriate for getting there? We'll have a rental car. TiA!

Looking to stay perhaps at Port Orleans Riverside in a standard or garden view room for 3-4 nights. If we wanted to do 2 park days, Magic Kingdom and one other, would the bus system be appropriate for getting there? We'll have a rental car. TiA!
Great for the MK. You don't have to go to the TTC. The buses let people off at the front gate.

Do they sell liquid Dayquil and Nyquil in the resort store? That's the only thing I don't want to pack because if it bursts in the suitcase, that wouldn't be good. But I'd like to know if the store has it in case I get sick. (I prefer the liquid to pills.) Thanks!
I know it's weird that I'm chiming in here when I've never stayed at POR, but when I was at WL in 2018, I developed a severe cold overnight. We were in the middle of the vacation and I couldn't stop sneezing. I couldn't walk around the parks like that (it was so strange!), so I was willing to take as much cold medicine necessary to make me fit for public. Point is, WL store had a very very small selection. I don't remember exactly what I bought to help my symptoms, but I DO remember having at the most two options. (My sister had the same thing and she actually stopped at the First Aid in EPCOT later that day to see if they had anything more effective.)

Summary: I don't know exactly what POR store will have, but your post reminded me of my experience, and imo, it's better to play it safe and bring your own. A ziploc might help for the suitcase.

Not sure what they have at the resort but I know Turner Drugs deliver for an small fee. You could check them out before you go to have a back up plan if the resort doesn't have them. They are very good

We've always stayed in AB and have absolutely loved it. For our upcoming trip we're booked in a woods view. 5th sleeper and standard are not available with the AP discount. I am so nervous that I'm going to hate to be in MB. Any former AB peeps that then stayed in MB and loved it?

We've always stayed in AB and have absolutely loved it. For our upcoming trip we're booked in a woods view. 5th sleeper and standard are not available with the AP discount. I am so nervous that I'm going to hate to be in MB. Any former AB peeps that then stayed in MB and loved it?
I love the AB section and usually request it. But once we had a room in MB and it was nice. It was close to the main pool and a short walk to the lobby, which I liked. AB can be a bit confusing and it is easy to get lost in there. ;)

Best location for a River View room for proximity to bus stop and main building, main pool? 14, 27 or 38? Looks like 38 could be closer to the north depot? would north depot be better than south depot or doesn't that really matter? We want to be on the top floor and looks like the mansions don't have many top floor river view rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter