Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

What is y'all's favorite building? I'm thinking 80 or 85 for family of 4 (2 adults, 6 and 4 yr) Or is near West Depot better for loading bus with stroller?

From 80, probably the North Depot (largely dependent on where in the building your room is located). From 85, the East Depot is right outside the back of the building, so that would be your most convenient. I certainly wouldn't walk all the way over to West, that's a bit of a trek. You'll have to fold your stroller anyway, so the choice of bus stop isn't particularly relevant there.

Andre

Does anyone know if there are multiple carriages for the carriage rides? We are a family of five and it says 2 adults and 3 small children. I don’t think we will fit (teenagers and not slim adults). Just wondering if we could get 2 carriages at the same time or if we’d need to go 30 minutes apart.

Anyone know if they actually mop the flooring between guest? Two of the Three time I’ve stayed in hotels (non Disney) with “wood” floors they were filthy.
I would say nope. The only complaint we had with Riverside was the subpar job the housekeepers did. We tried leaving mouse tips, notes etc. and they never mopped or even swept the room all that well. Great resort but the housekeeping was the only downside.

I would say nope. The only complaint we had with Riverside was the subpar job the housekeepers did. We tried leaving mouse tips, notes etc. and they never mopped or even swept the room all that well. Great resort but the housekeeping was the only downside.
Ughhhh. Glad to hear your review though.

Refill mugs stations here? Locations?

There are four sets of dispensers located in the beverage island at the food court. There are no other locations at Riverside, but you can use other resorts so if you happen to walk over to French Quarter you can use the Freestyle machines at their food court too.

Andre

Ugh.... This will be the first time our family is staying at a Disney resort. Is this the (general) case for for all resorts? or is it hit or miss?

Ugh.... This will be the first time our family is staying at a Disney resort. Is this the (general) case for for all resorts? or is it hit or miss?

We have stayed on site at WDW more than a dozen times in half a dozen resorts in the past <five years and in our experience POR had the best mousekeeping.

On the days that you should get housekeeping, would it help to call and remind them that you are requesting such? If so, who would you contact?

Returning to a topic from a while ago on this thread...dogs! We are planning to stay at POR next, but only just read it allows dogs. Don't get me wrong, we are dog owners/lovers, but there would be nothing worse than going back to your hotel room for a rest, only to have a continuously howling/barking dog next door because it's been left alone. We would like a dog-free building, is that at all possible? TIA

Hoping someone could give me some suggestions. I will be at Riverside next month for 4 nights. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to book a preferred room - have a standard. I would like to be as close to the lobby as possible, as on our departure day, we are being picked up at 3:20am for an early flight. A little uneasy about walking the grounds at that time (just me and my daughter). Looking for suggestions for the closest, non-preferred, rooms to request.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter