Disney's Recycled Animation

I dont' know if I'd define that as "recycled" animation. When I think of recycled animation the use and re-use of actual cells sequences over and over again in different cartoons comes to mind. What was shown in that video I think falls more into the...we have certain sequences we're comfortable with animating and since these movies came out fairly far apart most people will never see the similarities.

Except the Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast one...that I believe is a direct homage.

The commentary on the Beauty and the Beast DVD mentions the Sleeping Beauty one, though I believe the reason was less homage and more just being out of time.

Some of the others (but not all) do look quite "lifted" to me. In fairness at the part/s with the club--you know full well in ANY cartoon, when someone with a club is trying to hit one of the heroes, the most likely outcome is that the club will fall on a bad guy instead. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter