Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for recommendations/advice on room requests for our stay. We are staying at WL for first time May 8th-14th, currently have a standard room reservation. We will have a 10 year old and 3.5 year old along with my wife and I, so while a view of the fireworks would be nice we also value convenience and a somewhat quiet location as the little guy still intermittently naps and we are generally early risers, early to bed type people (weird I know). Having never been it's hard for me to visualize what would be good spots to request (aside from higher floors). I don't mind if there's a "parking lot" view if I look down, I just don't want to hear delivery trucks all night keeping the kids awake. Anyone with experience at the WL have some advice for me? Thank you kindly in advance for your response(s).

We had a standard room for our November trip on the 6th floor (I don't remember our exact room number), but we did overlook a service yard, but had a fantastic view of the fireworks/MK in the distance. I will say that I didn't hear any noise from the service yard. When I was sitting out on the balcony, I saw trucks coming in and out, but they didn't make any added noise.

Questions:

Are regular (non-DVC guests) welcome to use the DVC pool? Is the DVC pool quieter (no pool parties, games, etc) than the main pool?

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm the floor levels of the bunkbed rooms now, I have heard rumors of only first and 6th, I would like a high floor with a real balcony and we are booked for Courtyard bunkbed, any advice for room requests?

Can anyone confirm the floor levels of the bunkbed rooms now, I have heard rumors of only first and 6th, I would like a high floor with a real balcony and we are booked for Courtyard bunkbed, any advice for room requests?
I'd like to know this too! We have a courtyard view bunk bed room for the end of March and Touring Plans still shows these rooms as throughout the floors. My request will be 6th floor, but I'd settle for 5 :)

I'd like to know this too! We have a courtyard view bunk bed room for the end of March and Touring Plans still shows these rooms as throughout the floors. My request will be 6th floor, but I'd settle for 5 :)
It will be great to see any more recent experiences, but my guess is that most of the bunk bed rooms still are bunk rooms because the refurbishment where they were supposedly going to be converted has not taken place yet. My approach would be to request the location you want, and if you have a bunk bed room category booked you know that you'll get that and hopefully most of your other requests will be met as well as possible.

Hi everyone. Quick question. I am staying in wilderness lodge for the first time. We are staying in a deluxe room club level access. My wife wants to be near the concierge area and I wanted to have a firework view. Is there a room that I can request that would satisfy both? Thanks for the help.

Hi everyone. Quick question. I am staying in wilderness lodge for the first time. We are staying in a deluxe room club level access. My wife wants to be near the concierge area and I wanted to have a firework view. Is there a room that I can request that would satisfy both? Thanks for the help.

Nope, all the deluxe room club level access are at the end of the hall totally the other end from were the conceirge lounge is. They look out over the lake [though there may be trees in the way]. Someone else can speak to whether they have any kind of fireworks view.

SW

As of now there are some on every floor. That will change after the refurb is completed.

Just to add to the great information from @shoreward, the 10 Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-5 (2 rooms per floor) at the end of the building nearest the boat dock.

The Old Faithful Club Level Lounge is located in the main section of the lodge on the 7th floor. So no real win for either of you. The 5th floor Deluxe room 5000 would have the best chance of remotely viewing any distant MK Fireworks at all from it's small balcony. The larger balcony overlooks the trees and the boardwalk to the boat dock on Bay lake.

Dave

Question. We are doing a split stay in December, with a couple of nights at a different resort, and then checking into BRV on our third day. I was thinking it would be nice, while we have some time to kill that morning waiting for our room, to go for a run from WL through FW and back, and then a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon. My only concerns are 1. Will we have access to the showers at Sturdy Branches before our room is ready, if necessary, and 2. Will there be a place where we can leave a small bag with clothes to change into? Will the front desk hold it for us while we're running, so that we can get it back from them after?

Question. We are doing a split stay in December, with a couple of nights at a different resort, and then checking into BRV on our third day. I was thinking it would be nice, while we have some time to kill that morning waiting for our room, to go for a run from WL through FW and back, and then a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon. My only concerns are 1. Will we have access to the showers at Sturdy Branches before our room is ready, if necessary, and 2. Will there be a place where we can leave a small bag with clothes to change into? Will the front desk hold it for us while we're running, so that we can get it back from them after?
I'm not certain about the Sturdy Branches access, but I think you'll be fine with your MBs. As for leaving a bag you can drop it off at Bell Services near the front desk and they will hold it for you.
We love exploring the area between WL and Fort Wilderness. Another breakfast option is Trail's End at FW, but coming back and getting cleaned up for WCC is probably a nice plan too.

Reactions: BFD
I'm not certain about the Sturdy Branches access, but I think you'll be fine with your MBs. As for leaving a bag you can drop it off at Bell Services near the front desk and they will hold it for you.
We love exploring the area between WL and Fort Wilderness. Another breakfast option is Trail's End at FW, but coming back and getting cleaned up for WCC is probably a nice plan too.

I definitely have Trail's End on the to-do list too, and I am toying around with doing it on check in day and saving WCC for another day. Good thing I can't make any ADRs til June.

If you can't get into sturdy branches, the pool bathrooms have showers too.

Unfortunately, the deluxe rooms are the farthest rooms at the resort. You will have to take an elevator to get the the club lounge as well as a somewhat long walk through the halls to get there. We stayed in deluxe room 4003 and it took several minutes to get to the lounge. I timed it one day because I was trying to get there in time to see the fireworks from the lounge balcony. :)

We couldn't see fireworks from our room. We faced the boat dock and the side windows overlooked the main pool and geyser. But the even numbered deluxe rooms, especially rooms 4000 and 5000 should have a fireworks view.

We liked our deluxe room, and we didn't mind the walk to the lounge, but it wasn't as convenient as being on the same floor as the lounge.

Doesn’t the resort charge a fee now to accept a delivery?? Someone said they charge $15.00

For packages delivered via normal commercial deliver services [USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc], there is a resort fee of $5 *per package* that will be charged to your room account. These packages are picked up via the front desk. This includes orders from Amazon, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Pantry as well as other places you might normally order from online.

For deliveries from local grocery* delivery services, which deliver "directly", there is no resort per package fee. These services will leave your order with Bell Services. Such services include Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin, Amazon Prime Now, Instacart, and others. Also Turner Drugs, though IME they actually deliver to the front desk [but no resort package fee], but that is probably due to the nature of what they tend to deliver [medications, though they have a limited selection of other items].

*most of them delivery more than just "groceries"

For packages delivered via normal commercial deliver services [USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc], there is a resort fee of $5 *per package* that will be charged to your room account. These packages are picked up via the front desk. This includes orders from Amazon, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Pantry as well as other places you might normally order from online.

For deliveries from local grocery* delivery services, which deliver "directly", there is no resort per package fee. These services will leave your order with Bell Services. Such services include Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin, Amazon Prime Now, Instacart, and others. Also Turner Drugs, though IME they actually deliver to the front desk [but no resort package fee], but that is probably due to the nature of what they tend to deliver [medications, though they have a limited selection of other items].

*most of them delivery more than just "groceries"
Thanks so much!!

We are heading off to the WL this Saturday and are really looking forward to this trip. It has been an extremely busy January and February for me at work and Feb 23rd is the first time I could get away from work. The weather looks great for hanging around the pool and eating at Geyser Point. There are so many wonderful options at WL that we know we will have a great time with whatever we choose to do on our trip. We have a Nature view room and I'll post an update when we get there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter