Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kook,
I remember, in 1994, driving my daughter to Rhode Island, for her first semester. It's a mixture of emotions for sure. You're proud,concerned,afraid,happy, anxious,sad,excited and cry so much driving away,it's a wonder you're not dehydrated by the time you get home. She just turned 40 in April, is married and has three children,so it all turned out okay. But it's the second situation I never want to experience again. The first was DD getting in her girlfriends car shortly after she got her license. I aged in dog years for many months!!!!!!

Received my CL letter and Bands two weeks ago. Received a Concierge phone call a few days ago. It was such a nice call, I feel guilty not having a reason to call back. Everything is pretty much set for now and I don't need help as yet.
We've been in NC for two weeks,spending time with kiddos and grand kiddos. DH and I need a vacation from this vacation. Looking forward to the Jiko wine tasting next Wed........
Driving from NC to Orlando next Mon- about 10 hours. We are in the Radisson for two days until the WL on the 24th. We have AP's, so we'll have a day and a half extra to visit the Parks......if we're not too exhausted from the trip.
We looked into staying on the property for those extra two nights,but two nights at the Radisson totaled $178 and that was the cost of one night at a Moderate. We looked into " The Swalphin ", as we have always been curious about staying there,but they were booked up for the 22nd and 23rd. We visited there last December, while staying at WL, and were very impressed as to how they decorated/ celebrated.
I will, most definitely, try to turn in LIVE reports during our stay!
( Would have loved to stay around for the All Ears party,but my Dad turns 95 on 9/9, so we needed to get back for that- have fun for us!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Thank you!!! There was another thread about the new online check in changes and that person listed the views for WL as courtyard, garden, and pool. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't reached my 60 days yet but am doing the research so when the time comes I know what I want to request. Our trip is Jan 22-28 and this is our first time staying at WL. We understand there is construction but we aren't going to let that keep us from enjoying our stay.

You're definitely not the cause of my confusion, @kellymonster23. The categories and OCI choices are bound to change and since I haven't been looking at the online booking page or OCI for WL, I missed the changes. However, when I look at the booking categories for this year and next, I'm still only seeing CYV and SV categories, I'm not even sure what a GV could be at WL? If true, it must be an error and they meant Woods View?

Magic Bands showed up today for our Wilderness Lodge stay. They took quite a trip for some reason. Final destination was in Central NJ, despite that it went from Pennsy to NJ to Pennsy and then finally back to Jersey.

Let's just hope you don't end up with that circuitous route!

Hey Kook,
I remember, in 1994, driving my daughter to Rhode Island, for her first semester. It's a mixture of emotions for sure. You're proud,concerned,afraid,happy, anxious,sad,excited and cry so much driving away,it's a wonder you're not dehydrated by the time you get home. She just turned 40 in April, is married and has three children,so it all turned out okay. But it's the second situation I never want to experience again. The first was DD getting in her girlfriends car shortly after she got her license. I aged in dog years for many months!!!!!!

Received my CL letter and Bands two weeks ago. Received a Concierge phone call a few days ago. It was such a nice call, I feel guilty not having a reason to call back. Everything is pretty much set for now and I don't need help as yet.

We've been in NC for two weeks,spending time with kiddos and grand kiddos. DH and I need a vacation from this vacation. Looking forward to the Jiko wine tasting next Wed........
Driving from NC to Orlando next Mon- about 10 hours. We are in the Radisson for two days until the WL on the 24th. We have AP's, so we'll have a day and a half extra to visit the Parks......if we're not too exhausted from the trip.

We looked into staying on the property for those extra two nights,but two nights at the Radisson totaled $178 and that was the cost of one night at a Moderate. We looked into " The Swalphin ", as we have always been curious about staying there,but they were booked up for the 22nd and 23rd. We visited there last December, while staying at WL, and were very impressed as to how they decorated/ celebrated.
I will, most definitely, try to turn in LIVE reports during our stay!
( Would have loved to stay around for the All Ears party,but my Dad turns 95 on 9/9, so we needed to get back for that- have fun for us!!!!!!)

Thank you for your post, @fauntleroy1953. I think this transition is extra hard on me since she's our only child and she and I have never been away from each other for more than a night. At least she won't be all the way up in Rhode Island! I'm very excited for her and I know I'll feel much better once we're all settled into our new routines. Sorry about going so :offtopic: here everyone - I'm a bit emotional - my apologies.

It's nice the concierge called you. I haven't been hearing about this at any other resort but WL, but it's possible this is a new feature. I wonder if I'll get the call for my upcoming CR/GF CL stays? GF never contacted me at all after I booked, but CR did. It was just the informal and generic email (my name wasn't even on it nor the CM's). It still had their old PIP form (Pre-Itinerary Planning) attached to it that I don't think anyone even uses? Like you, I don't need them to do anything at all, but the call is like a nice little welcome.

It must be nice going from one vacation to another, but being with family for two weeks doesn't always feel like a vacation 24/7. Turning 95 is a really big deal, though probably not so much in SoFL;). Are you going to sneak him some McDonald's again?

Safe travels back down to FL and we can't wait for your LIVE OFC reports!

December 4 - 10!

Yippee! WL or VWL? Is this your first stay?

Magic Bands showed up today for our Wilderness Lodge stay. They took quite a trip for some reason. Final destination was in Central NJ, despite that it went from Pennsy to NJ to Pennsy and then finally back to Jersey.
Mine were supposed to go to PA, sat in Tennessee for a week, then in Philly for a few days. They finally showed up a week late in a re-taped box 're packaged from Philadelphia post office'.

We opened opened the box and no magic bands were inside, instead there was a used cloth shopping bag inside the box.

You're definitely not the cause of my confusion, @kellymonster23. The categories and OCI choices are bound to change and since I haven't been looking at the online booking page or OCI for WL, I missed the changes. However, when I look at the booking categories for this year and next, I'm still only seeing CYV and SV categories, I'm not even sure what a GV could be at WL? If true, it must be an error and they meant Woods View?

Let's just hope you don't end up with that circuitous route!

Thank you for your post, @fauntleroy1953. I think this transition is extra hard on me since she's our only child and she and I have never been away from each other for more than a night. At least she won't be all the way up in Rhode Island! I'm very excited for her and I know I'll feel much better once we're all settled into our new routines. Sorry about going so :offtopic: here everyone - I'm a bit emotional - my apologies.

It's nice the concierge called you. I haven't been hearing about this at any other resort but WL, but it's possible this is a new feature. I wonder if I'll get the call for my upcoming CR/GF CL stays? GF never contacted me at all after I booked, but CR did. It was just the informal and generic email (my name wasn't even on it nor the CM's). It still had their old PIP form (Pre-Itinerary Planning) attached to it that I don't think anyone even uses? Like you, I don't need them to do anything at all, but the call is like a nice little welcome.

It must be nice going from one vacation to another, but being with family for two weeks doesn't always feel like a vacation 24/7. Turning 95 is a really big deal, though probably not so much in SoFL;). Are you going to sneak him some McDonald's again?

Safe travels back down to FL and we can't wait for your LIVE OFC reports!

Yippee! WL or VWL? Is this your first stay?
WL bunk bed Courtyard view. First time at WL!!!

My family just returned from our Disney trip last night. We are big Polynesian fans and stay there every trip.
I do all the planning and each trip I try to do something new. We had never been to the Wilderness Lodge so I made dinner reservations at Artist Point.

Oh my word. The Wilderness Lodge and surrounding landscaping is absolutely gorgeous! It feels so secluded and peaceful. My husband was so impressed with the lobby. And my daughter and her boyfriend loved the fireplace. Artist Point was a wonderful dining experience - the staff was so friendly and attentive. And our food was delicious!

My whole family agreed that we'd love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge someday!

:offtopic:
Kook- as you know, I am also a mom of an only, so I remember the college drop-off trip very well. (even though it was 12 years ago!) For me, going back to work full-time as a SpEd assistant in an ES really helped to keep me distracted from how much I missed her! We IM'd almost every day- this was before all the nifty ways to communicate now! We were a 6 hour car ride apart, which was about 2 hours too far!
There should be a parents' weekend in October, right? I don't know if all schools do that. It is a strange time, exciting and sad. But remember, it is difficult because you are close and you wouldn't have it any other way! We deal with the sadness, so they can grow. You will be fine, your relationship will go through some changes, but the special bond you have will last no matter what. Hang in there!!

Question for those of you that the WL Villas are "home" for. Do you find that the villa rooms themselves have a pine scent? I ask because DBF and I are considering a stay there next year (want to try a new DVC for a little change) and if the scent exists in the rooms then it's out for me due to allergies and asthma reactions to that scent. TIA!

Question for those of you that the WL Villas are "home" for. Do you find that the villa rooms themselves have a pine scent? I ask because DBF and I are considering a stay there next year (want to try a new DVC for a little change) and if the scent exists in the rooms then it's out for me due to allergies and asthma reactions to that scent. TIA!

No, Disney does not use scents in the rooms. Something from cleaning products should be the only possibility.

I smelled this in the lobby/entrance to the villas this past July, but not in the room at all. My allergies would not have done well either!

My family just returned from our Disney trip last night. We are big Polynesian fans and stay there every trip.
I do all the planning and each trip I try to do something new. We had never been to the Wilderness Lodge so I made dinner reservations at Artist Point.

Oh my word. The Wilderness Lodge and surrounding landscaping is absolutely gorgeous! It feels so secluded and peaceful. My husband was so impressed with the lobby. And my daughter and her boyfriend loved the fireplace. Artist Point was a wonderful dining experience - the staff was so friendly and attentive. And our food was delicious!

My whole family agreed that we'd love to stay at the Wilderness Lodge someday!

Are you going to write a trip report?

Yep, gonna sneak in some Mickey D's to Dad on his 95th! Will probably go all out for the Big Mac for him. Plus a large fries. There's a courtyard area at his facility with a small fountain- I'll wait there with the food while DH wheels Dad out,then we face him away from the building so they can't see what he's doing. You would think at 95, they would let a person eat whatever they wanted.....
Today's our last day with the kiddos/ grand kiddos before we take off towards WDW. One more stop about 7:30 am on our way to say goodbye to the grandkids who couldn't make it today.
Went to Mayberry ( Mt. Airy) yesterday. Love going there. DH got his yearly haircut at Floyds Barbershop. 10 minute haircut,but spent 90 minutes there because the locals sit in the shop to chat with people. Classic car show on Main ST. A great little town that is just like the TV show,which makes sense,since the show( Andy Griffith Show) is based on the town...
Sorry went off topic........

:offtopic: Can someone please tell me how Muppet Vision 3D runs? Oct 28th it opens at 9am but do they run the shows on the hour and half hour?

Do they not have set times like 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30?
The attraction opens when DHS does for the day and runs about every 30 mins I presume (I've never paid attention other than knowing the show is about 18 mins). They gather everyone in a large pre-show holding room and then let in what the theatre capacity is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter