Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be arriving the week of July 17. We plan to make it to rope drop in the parks. Can you please give me an estimate of how much time to allow for travel to the various parks? We plan to use the boat for MK and the busses for the other parks. Thank you

As someone else mentioned, the bus is your best bet for MK for doing rope drop, the boat does not get you there early enough. We usually ended up driving ourselves to the MK when we wanted to do rope drop because we like to be at the front of the pack. LOL

The latest All Ears newsletter has BRV pool and Roaring Forks opening on 7/1, FWIW. We have a split stay coming up, and got notice of it being closed for the 6/28 reservation, but not for when we change rooms on 6/30.

Interesting, we were just staying at the lodge and I happened to be walking by as some construction workers were entering the side door of Roaring Fork. It looked like a ton of disarray so it seemed like the finish would take until the July 17th date easily. But, since I'm unfamiliar with the layout, that could've just been where they were storing construction materials.

The latest All Ears newsletter has BRV pool and Roaring Forks opening on 7/1, FWIW. We have a split stay coming up, and got notice of it being closed for the 6/28 reservation, but not for when we change rooms on 6/30.
I really hope they are right about the July 1st date. We'll will be at the Beach Club then, but will definitely stop over at the WL to check it out. The pool looked like it was just about finished when we stopped by at the end of May. :)

Thanks! And I am on my phone so it's hard to search for answers. Where can you fill your refillable mugs at?
Right now you can fill up your mug at Geyser Point all day and at Territory Lounge in the morning, while Roaring Forks is closed. Once Roaring Forks opens in July, you can fill up there instead of territory Lounge.

Congratulations! With that reservation, you'll be on the South side of the North wing, overlooking the main pool courtyard area. Your location choices are how far down the wing and what floor to be on. We prefer a high floor for less pool noise and better views. Our choice would also be to have a room nearer the lobby (West end of the wing) in hopes that we would get one of the few courtyard view rooms that open to the lobby. (These are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms because when you look at the building from Bay Lake they make up what looks like the face of a bear.) You may hear some lobby noise from these rooms though, so some prefer a quieter location further down the wing. As for drink refill access, Roaring Fork, the resort's main QS location, is on the 1st floor right next to the elevators that are in the middle of the North wing. The other major preference consideration is whether you'll have an enclosed or open balcony. The rooms on the top floor of any section of the resort have enclosed "dormer" balconies that are recessed into the roofline of the resort. They feel secure, but it can be hard for kids to see out over the solid railing. Many people prefer to be on the 5th floor or below to guarantee an open balcony.

Overall the resort is fairly simple, especially since the South Wing is now all villas. You really can't get a bad room location, so have a great trip.
Hi thanks for your advice, I have not heard of a dormer balcony, can I find pics anywhere, tahnks

I guess we'll see in a few weeks? I wasn't expecting it to be open while we were there, so it will be a nice surprise if it is.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be open for your trip. Please give us an update when you are there if you can. Also can you update about the pool:cutie:

Will be staying at Copper Creek in October. We have a studio booked? Any specific spot I should be asking for? I read somewhere the studios are on the 1st and 2nd floor only is that true?

Hi thanks for your advice, I have not heard of a dormer balcony, can I find pics anywhere, thanks
I have a couple of pictures of the dormer balcony. The first one was taken while standing on the balcony and looking down the roof line. The second picture was taken while standing in the room and looking toward the balcony. There are two chairs and a small table on the balcony and the top edge is chest height. You have to stand to look out.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Will be staying at Copper Creek in October. We have a studio booked? Any specific spot I should be asking for? I read somewhere the studios are on the 1st and 2nd floor only is that true?
The studios will be scattered throughout the resort, but we did see many studios on the ground floor that were not attached to villas. As far as requests go, your room most likely will face either the main pool or the villas pool, so you might want to decide which one you'd like to have.

Last edited:
I have a couple of pictures of the dormer balcony. The first one was taken while standing on the balcony and looking down the roof line. The second picture was taken while standing in the room and looking toward the balcony. There are two chairs and a small table on the balcony and the top edge is chest height. You have to stand to look out.

IMG_0187_zps4d71065f.jpg

closedbalconyroom6018_zps691351b7.jpg

I'm not the poster that asked, but thank you for the photos! I'm staying CL so my room will have a dormer balcony--and I was picturing them as far more "obstructed" than what your photos show! :)

Are there boats that run to other resorts earlier than the boat to MK? I'm not a huge fan of buses so I was wondering if it was possible to take a boat early to say the contemporary then grab the monorail to MK.

Are there boats that run to other resorts earlier than the boat to MK? I'm not a huge fan of buses so I was wondering if it was possible to take a boat early to say the contemporary then grab the monorail to MK.

ETA: Whoops...misread. Here is a corrected answer.

If you're going to boat to the Contemporary, you might as well just walk to the MK from there rather than waiting for the monorail. The MK is just across the street and it's a hike to get up to the monorail platform, plus you have to go around the entire loop to get to the MK. It's much, much faster to walk from the Contemporary than messing with the monorail.

Hi Everyone,
We haven't been to the Wilderness Lodge in a few years. Although we've stayed there a few times, we never walked over to the Magic Kingdom. Is it an easy walk. We're really looking forward to our return in August.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
We haven't been to the Wilderness Lodge in a few years. Although we've stayed there a few times, we never walked over to the Magic Kingdom. Is it an easy walk. We're really looking forward to our return in August.

Thanks!
You can't walk to the MK from the WL. People are talking about taking a boat to CR and then walking from there. We've done it just for fun and I think it took about 15 minutes or so once the boat docked at CR. :)

I'm not the poster that asked, but thank you for the photos! I'm staying CL so my room will have a dormer balcony--and I was picturing them as far more "obstructed" than what your photos show! :)

I have only ever had a dormer balcony at the WL and I never minded it. I guess we also had views of BRV and the old quiet pool so I wasn't really "looking" at anything sitting outside, just enjoying the fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter