Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad is the construction at the resort? We will be there on October 25th and worried after reading websites detailing the closure of the grounds and facilities. Should we consider another resort for our stay? Will we even be able to walk around outside or is everything shut down?

By any chance is the Hidden Springs pool a "salt water" pool like the Oasis pool at the Poly?
Both pools are freshwater pools. :)

How bad is the construction at the resort? We will be there on October 25th and worried after reading websites detailing the closure of the grounds and facilities. Should we consider another resort for our stay? Will we even be able to walk around outside or is everything shut down?
The construction is all finished. Everything is open and the place is gorgeous. :)

As Wood Nymph says, all is open and construction is finished. However, even during the construction phase, most of what WL has to offer was open: the restaurants, the main pool, boat access. You'll have no issues during your stay. :thumbsup2

I also agree with others. We boated over Monday on going home day to see the cabins, outdoor bar area and shops. It was so beautiful all done I came home and booked a trip there.

Considering a stay at boulder ridge. How far are they from the main WL building? Can you still use the WL pool if you are staying at the Villas? Also, can you see MK fireworks from the beach? Thanks!

Considering a stay at boulder ridge. How far are they from the main WL building? Can you still use the WL pool if you are staying at the Villas? Also, can you see MK fireworks from the beach? Thanks!
I'm not good at distances but I would guess that the BR villas building is about 100 steps from the WL building. There is a covered walkway that links the two buildings and they are very close together. :)

Yes, all the guests can use both pools, whether they are staying at WL, CCV, BRV or the cabins. :)

You can see the high fireworks from the shore. They pipe in the music, too, near Geyser Point Bar and Grill. :)

Last edited:
Very close. Yes. Partially. ;)

A little longer discussion follows. The VWL building (yes, they changed it to Boulder Ridge but it will always be VWL to me) is connected to the main Lodge by a covered walkway of perhaps 200 feet (the bus stops sits halfway between the two). It's a lovely walk, especially at night when the lanterns flicker and the crickets chirrup and the music plays. Both pools are open to all WL guests whether DVC or not. You can see the higher explosions of the Happily Ever After fireworks from Geyser Point (the beach is gone), and they pipe in music there, as well. :thumbsup2

And a question.....

The new CCV cabins have not yet been through a Hurricane. Anyone know if these were built to current FL Hurricane Standards? My guess is -they had to be. But I fear for all of the new foliage :(. It's had very little time to root :(.

And a question.....

The new CCV cabins have not yet been through a Hurricane. Anyone know if these were built to current FL Hurricane Standards? My guess is -they had to be. But I fear for all of the new foliage :(. It's had very little time to root :(.
I would think so. If the Poly Bungalows survived Matthew suspended above water, I would think the cabins by the water will be ok.

And a question.....

The foliage will be the least of their concerns, but I'm sure they are prepared. Hurricane season may be why they haven't replanted a lot of the big trees yet, which would be smart on Disney's part. Also, their grounds crews are very diligent. Watched at AKL one time when the grounds crew was trying to replant some plants and the baby zebra proceeded to pull the plants out within 10 minutes after they got done. The crew was back at it the next day...baby zebra apparently got sent to time out somewhere else because he was not around that day ;)

Due to Irma, my family had to reschedule our reservations and are now staying at the WL. I have read through the first page on this thread. Does anyone have any suggestions for any room requests I should make? I had everything figured out for AKL but am starting from scratch again. We are booked in a standard view. We will arrive on 9/15. This is our family's first trip to Disney. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Due to Irma, my family had to reschedule our reservations and are now staying at the WL. I have read through the first page on this thread. Does anyone have any suggestions for any room requests I should make? I had everything figured out for AKL but am starting from scratch again. We are booked in a standard view. We will arrive on 9/15. This is our family's first trip to Disney. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Upper floor, fireworks view is pretty awesome if you can get it.

You are going to LOVE WL! They'll ask if it's your first trip - just make sure they know it is. We were pixie dusted the first time we stayed there:) Regardless, I'm not sure there's a bad view in the resort. Even those rooms that used to be standard / woods view now seem to be either views of the renovated Boulder Ridge or MK views (I'm speaking generally and from what I observed during our July trip). The whole property is gorgeous.

Thanks guys! I was thinking for asking for an upper floor because my husband thinks the higher the floor, the quieter it is. I also thought about asking about being near a pool. I was bummed about how thing were going, (I have spent 20 hours hold over the last 2 days and now a CM named Stanley is supposed to call me back at 3pm bc my reservation disappeared) So I have started looking at the WL thread trying to figure out places to eat, how the transportation works etc. I am super excited that it is so close to MK!

My wife and I had been booked at AKL for next weekend at a nice rate ($248/night) but just switched after seeing CCV for $269/night. We had to jump for that price. We have been to WL a few times for meals and absolutely loved exploring the resort, so we are very excited to spend two nights there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter