• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no studios with King beds (that's first on my wishlist for changes to the villas! Of course it will never happen.) You have to go up to the larger villas - 1 and 2BR's to get a king bed in the master bedroom.

The odd studio that you are referring to is the "alternate studio". I'm sure one of the most requested layouts there is and there's only a handful or less of them. They do seem to have the tubs so if you have a studio with a walk in shower reserved you would not end up in one of these rooms.

Thanks for this great info about the different layout!

I like the new grassy spot, at least based on the photos. It fits the theme of the hotel better, and no sandy clothes! I wish a movie another than Inside Out were showing on the only night we can go, but at least it's not Up or Toy Story 3.
When it was on the beach there were lounge chairs. I don’t know if I could sit on the ground thru a movie. I think I’d be pretty uncomfortable. Would prefer to sit in comfort ::yes::

Just switched our Anniversary reservation from CSR to WL. I had been looking forward to CSR, but the construction started to make me nervous, and I am now very happy with my new choice.

We'll have the DXDP. Has anyone used snack credits at breakfast for anything other than pastries? I've used snack credits for a side of sausage or a side of bacon or cappuccinos at Poly and POR. Wondering if something like that would work at Roaring Forks or Geyser Point.

Roaring Fork has some specialty lattes that I believe would qualify for the credit. I can vouch for the Wilderness Bark (chocolate hazelnut) but that was when they were being made at Territory Lounge, not sure if they are as good in the food court. They should also have some bear claws, donuts, bagels, etc that would also count.

Hi all, will be checking in to WL in May and have a Bunk bed courtyard room.
Anybody have any ideas or pics on room request. :-)

Trying to do online check-in and it's asking us arrival time. We arrive at 10:38am at MCO, get luggage, to towncar, 30min grocery stop then to hotel. What time could we expect arrival?

Thx!

Hi all, will be checking in to WL in May and have a Bunk bed courtyard room.
Anybody have any ideas or pics on room request. :-)

Congratulations! You will have a great room. As far as location requests, the main variable is how far down the hallway you are. We like being close to the lobby, and ideally would request a room that opens to the lobby so it would have a balcony that faces East, directly toward the lake. There aren't many of these rooms, since they only exist on the 4th and 5th floor and each floor only has four of them. Even fewer have bunks, but that would be our ideal room.
As you move further down the wing, you get closer to the pool. This gives you closer views of Bay Lake to your left as you are on the balcony, which will generally face South for most Courtyard View rooms. The elevators are located at the bend in the wing, approximately 1/3 of the way from the lobby to Bay Lake. Being near them shortens your walk, but increases traffic outside your room. We also prefer a high floor for better views and less noise from the ground.

Overall you can't go wrong and you will have a great room. Our kids LOVED the bunks during our last stay.

Last edited:
Roaring Fork has some specialty lattes that I believe would qualify for the credit. I can vouch for the Wilderness Bark (chocolate hazelnut) but that was when they were being made at Territory Lounge, not sure if they are as good in the food court. They should also have some bear claws, donuts, bagels, etc that would also count.
Hi! :wave: Appreciate the info! Hopefully, we'll still be able to get a specialty latte with a snack credit. I'm not a fan of the regular coffee.

Does anyone else know if you can still get a breakfast side with a snack credit?

And for lunch, are there any QS soups?

Congratulations! You will have a great room. As far as location requests, the main variable is how far down the hallway you are. We like being close to the lobby, and ideally would request a room that opens to the lobby so it would have a balcony that faces East, directly toward the lake. There aren't many of these rooms, since they only exist on the 4th and 5th floor and each floor only has four of them. Even fewer have bunks, but that would be our ideal room.
As you move further down the wing, you get closer to the pool. This gives you closer views of Bay Lake to your left as you are on the balcony, which will generally face South for most Courtyard View rooms. The elevators are located at the bend in the wing, approximately 1/3 of the way from the lobby to Bay Lake. Being near them shortens your walk, but increases traffic outside your room. We also prefer a high floor for better views and less noise from the ground.

Overall you can't go wrong and you will have a great room. Our kids LOVED the bunks during our last stay.
getting excited now , many thanks

Hi all. I have never stayed at WL. We did a very brief walk around last trip and I liked what I saw with all the new areas and restaurant/ bar. I have a few Qs

Club level- where is the lounge? Good proximity to the pool ( you know for grabbing one or a dozen beers during the day!)? Comparisons to Beach Club, AK and Poly club level, please? Are lounge rooms co- located on same floor as lounge?

Are all the pools re- opened now?

I saw an earlier posts about new DVC pool area with cabanas. Anyone have pics or info? Cabana rental or free?

TIA

We just booked club level at WL for September. Would you still do the dining plan, since you get all of the food included with the club level? I'm curious if it is worth it.

Thanks!

Hi all. I have never stayed at WL. We did a very brief walk around last trip and I liked what I saw with all the new areas and restaurant/ bar. I have a few Qs

Club level- where is the lounge? Good proximity to the pool ( you know for grabbing one or a dozen beers during the day!)? Comparisons to Beach Club, AK and Poly club level, please? Are lounge rooms co- located on same floor as lounge?

I saw an earlier posts about new DVC pool area with cabanas. Anyone have pics or info? Cabana rental or free?

TIA

We just booked club level at WL for September. Would you still do the dining plan, since you get all of the food included with the club level? I'm curious if it is worth it.

Thanks!

I stayed club level in May last year.

The lounge is on the 7th floor overlooking the lobby...not close to the pool. The only other CL experience I have is BWI back in 2014, so not sure that’s relevant any more. But we did enjoy our WL CL stay very much. It’s a cozy lounge and the food is good.

We did not get the dining plan, but we wouldn’t have gotten it anyway because it costs more than we spend on food. We ate breakfast in the lounge except when we did EMM and had dinner there most evenings as well (we were back early from the parks with our toddler). I think CL + DDP is too much food, but that’s based on what I eat.

TIA

I don't have any CL experience to share, but at WL the regular CL rooms are on the 7th floor, as is the lounge. Be aware that the Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-5, but do have CL access. To get between the lounge and the pool you would walk down the wing to the mid-wing elevator (which is at the end of the shorter 7th floor wing) and then head down. It lets you out by Roaring Fork, so then you go out onto the patio and over to the pool. Less than 5 minutes total, but not super quick.

Both pools are open, and both are fun to visit. The main pool is busier, but has a nice slide and kids splash area. The seating around the villas pool (Boulder Ridge Cove Pool) is more private but the covered areas are still first come first serve, and not rentals like at CR or GF. The walk to the lounge is a few minutes further to the Villas pool, because you either have to walk past the main pool and around the South wing or go out the lobby by the bus stop and towards Boulder Ridge and then down to the pool.
Here's a Boulder Ridge Cove Pool pic:
img_3567-jpg.262205

More pictures and information are available on the first page of the thread here.

Thanks!
We have never done CL, but for us it probably wouldn't be a replacement for many meals, except maybe breakfast. We really enjoy the restaurants at WDW and wouldn't want to miss out on them. Whether the dining plan works out for you depends on how many of which restaurants you want to visit. I always recommend making a plan for where you want to eat and comparing the costs. For us the plan isn't a bad deal, especially if you can get a discount on it.
Congratulations on going in September. We love that time of year, and will be there this September as well from the 6th through the 15th!

I don't have any CL experience to share, but at WL the regular CL rooms are on the 7th floor, as is the lounge. Be aware that the Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-5, but do have CL access. To get between the lounge and the pool you would walk down the wing to the mid-wing elevator (which is at the end of the shorter 7th floor wing) and then head down. It lets you out by Roaring Fork, so then you go out onto the patio and over to the pool. Less than 5 minutes total, but not super quick.

Both pools are open, and both are fun to visit. The main pool is busier, but has a nice slide and kids splash area. The seating around the villas pool (Boulder Ridge Cove Pool) is more private but the covered areas are still first come first serve, and not rentals like at CR or GF. The walk to the lounge is a few minutes further to the Villas pool, because you either have to walk past the main pool and around the South wing or go out the lobby by the bus stop and towards Boulder Ridge and then down to the pool.
Here's a Boulder Ridge Cove Pool pic:
img_3567-jpg.262205

More pictures and information are available on the first page of the thread here.

We have never done CL, but for us it probably wouldn't be a replacement for many meals, except maybe breakfast. We really enjoy the restaurants at WDW and wouldn't want to miss out on them. Whether the dining plan works out for you depends on how many of which restaurants you want to visit. I always recommend making a plan for where you want to eat and comparing the costs. For us the plan isn't a bad deal, especially if you can get a discount on it.
Congratulations on going in September. We love that time of year, and will be there this September as well from the 6th through the 15th!
Thanks, we are really excited! How do you get a discount on the plan?

Thanks, we are really excited! How do you get a discount on the plan?
"Free Dining" promotions are offered at times throughout the year, and often in September. Usually these are announced in late March or early April. You get the dining plan for free if you pay full rate for your room and meet other specified requirements, like purchasing at least two days of park hopper tickets. The exact details and resort exclusions vary year to year, but we have taken advantage of it many times. Also free dining is often offered as a bounce back offer, which you get by booking your next WDW vacation before you check out of your current trip.
Many will point out that the dining is not "free", because you still have to pay for tips and you are giving up other discount opportunities, but for us it has worked out very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter