Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Excited for our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge! Just booked a stay for August. Its a mother/daughter trip with my oldest who is 8. Really looking forward to our girls trip
Congrats, mom/ daughter trips are the best!

Help me out....I have heard nothing but wonderful things about WL and that is why I booked there. Like I have mentioned before we are a family of 6 and rooms are limited and expensive. We really are park all day kind of people, so would you still stay here? We don't go to Disney that often, so I don't mind splurging a bit, but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Family of 6 here. Have stayed at POR, WL, and Poly. If Poly would have had a room that fit us that wasn’t crazy expensive, I would have booked there. The only room that fits us reasonably at WL is deluxe club. I’m trying to justify it. Hahaha I want to be close to MK with little kids. We will be spending most of our time there. Splash area for our youngest kids is a must. The food we get in club level, especially at breakfast and snacks later. The other resort I’ve considered is CBR. However, it’s not close to MK and it’s more spread out. I like to sneak out later with oldest and go ride.

Very excited!!! I was able to upgrade to a Nature view room for our August trip for just $6 a night! :D It does pay to keep looking for discounts......that's how I got this one. It was actually a cost increase.....but really only $6/night so not that much. Now we have a better shot at a view of the MK :-). I'm looking at 5th floor........anybody have any previews from there in a Nature view room?

Doug :goofy:

Does anyone know if any of the courtyard view "bear face" rooms at the WL have enclosed (i.e. dormer) balconies? I believe I read that there are only a few of these on the 4th and 5th floors, but wasn't sure if they have full sized balconies or not. Just curious in case we put in a room request.

Thanks!
Maria

Does anyone know if any of the courtyard view "bear face" rooms at the WL have enclosed (i.e. dormer) balconies? I believe I read that there are only a few of these on the 4th and 5th floors, but wasn't sure if they have full sized balconies or not. Just curious in case we put in a room request.

Thanks!
Maria

All “Bear Face” rooms have open balconies. They are on the fourth and fifth floor.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Touringplans room request Fax? We have standard view booked. We have the special Labour Day rate booked and standard view is only option. When we booked there wasn’t the Nature View and wasn’t worried about view.
So would using room request fax make our chances less for an upgrade? Opinions? I’ve already changed my original request, since the room area I requested before now falls into new Nature View.
This is our 4th stay here and I’ve been lucky that I’ve always had an upgrade at WL but haven’t stayed since Resort rooms have been cut in half by DVC. So with less inventory I figure those magical upgrades will be a lot less.

Last edited:

We used the touring plans fax method when staying at both BRV and the Poly, we got close to what we asked for on both fronts. Did it work? not sure, but it didn't harm the chances and for the cost of an annual membership around $14 it was well worth it! ;o)

As a side note, any AP's in here willing to do a quick run of some dates to see if its worth me renewing our AP's for the year?

We used the touring plans fax method when staying at both BRV and the Poly, we got close to what we asked for on both fronts. Did it work? not sure, but it didn't harm the chances and for the cost of an annual membership around $14 it was well worth it! ;o)

As a side note, any AP's in here willing to do a quick run of some dates to see if its worth me renewing our AP's for the year?
What do you need to know?

I wanted to see if the Annual Pass room discount was worth renewing ours for our next trip? I just need a current AP holder to run the AP room discount to compare to what ove already been offered.

Dates would be August 6-14, preferably copper creek or boulder ridge villas but also any of the monorail resorts.

I wanted to see if the Annual Pass room discount was worth renewing ours for our next trip? I just need a current AP holder to run the AP room discount to compare to what ove already been offered.

Dates would be August 6-14, preferably copper creek or boulder ridge villas but also any of the monorail resorts.
Boulder Ridge studio is available for $368 with Summer offer but no AP offer out yet. No availability for Copper Creek.
Wilderness Lodge Nature View room is $347.70 on Summer offer. Rack rate $402
Usually AP is another 5% off. If general public offer is 25% off, AP will be 30%. Discounts have been pretty skimpy of late.

With a studio unit....will a pack n play (or porta-crib) also fit in the room if the sofa bed is pulled out? Trying to figure out the best combination for when I can plan our trip.

Got back Saturday from our first stay on the CCV side of the Lodge. Had room 5115 which is an "alternate" studio and absolutely LOVED it! The layout is fantastic not to mention the views, decor, etc. Very happy with the room but now I know if we stay in CC again and don't have an alternate studio we'll be a little let down lol. The Lodge remains my favorite resort :love:

Anyone have experience with Touringplans room request Fax? We have standard view booked. We have the special Labour Day rate booked and standard view is only option. When we booked there wasn’t the Nature View and wasn’t worried about view.
So would using room request fax make our chances less for an upgrade? Opinions? I’ve already changed my original request, since the room area I requested before now falls into new Nature View.
This is our 4th stay here and I’ve been lucky that I’ve always had an upgrade at WL but haven’t stayed since Resort rooms have been cut in half by DVC. So with less inventory I figure those magical upgrades will be a lot less.

We used Touring Plans Fax request for our recent January stay at WL. We were within one room and one floor higher than we requested and it was fantastic. The view was spot on. We had a courtyard view and I wanted to face the lake. Many nights we were able to sit and watch the parade in the Lake. It was worth the $14 dollars. We have a faxed room for our stay in 6 days I hope it comes close I don't expect to much but close to our request.

I think it also matters the time of year and how busy Disney is. Good Luck

We used Touring Plans Fax request for our recent January stay at WL. We were within one room and one floor higher than we requested and it was fantastic. The view was spot on. We had a courtyard view and I wanted to face the lake. Many nights we were able to sit and watch the parade in the Lake. It was worth the $14 dollars. We have a faxed room for our stay in 6 days I hope it comes close I don't expect to much but close to our request.

I think it also matters the time of year and how busy Disney is. Good Luck
Thanks. Almost time for you! Have a great trip!

It looks like WL will be the first resort to roll out a new feature in the MDE app where you can unlock your resort room with your phone. This article was posted on the DIS today: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ding-digital-key-feature-at-wilderness-lodge/
Looks cool, but with Magic Bands I'm not sure how much I'd use it. If it could eventually replace Magic Bands, that could be impressive...
Hmmm, looks like multi quote isn’t working for me today!

I read that article too. I hope it won’t replace MBs. Imo it’s easier to use MB than have to dig out phone, open App to use. Adding to the problem for international visitors that it will incur roaming charges each time you open app. It costs me $90 for a roaming plan for Disney.

Got back Saturday from our first stay on the CCV side of the Lodge. Had room 5115 which is an "alternate" studio and absolutely LOVED it! The layout is fantastic not to mention the views, decor, etc. Very happy with the room but now I know if we stay in CC again and don't have an alternate studio we'll be a little let down lol. The Lodge remains my favorite resort :love:

Forgive my ignorance - how is an "alternate" studio laid out compared to a standard layout?

Forgive my ignorance - how is an "alternate" studio laid out compared to a standard layout?
The alternate studios at Copper Creek have a bit of a separate bed area because they are in the corner locations in the building that used to be Deluxe rooms.
11A9DE4E-5475-41FB-8C09-4449E67D5F7B.jpeg

They are very nice looking and quite desirable, but there aren’t very many of them and they are not in their own bookable category. They are located mid-wing on the 2nd through 7th floor (rooms ending in 115) and at the end of the first floor (1166 and 1168).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter