Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney hasn't been taking AP reservations for quite some time now, so I was under the impression that they'd been working on this refurb well before it was announced.

AP is still open for another 6 - 8 weeks, they have been taking reservations through early November. Once they close, the renovations will begin at that point.

AP is still open for another 6 - 8 weeks, they have been taking reservations through early November. Once they close, the renovations will begin at that point.

Awesome...thanks. That makes sense. I forgot that since you can start making ADRs so early that it seems like we've been hearing that for a while, but it doesn't start until November!!

@AngiTN, I noticed you said you can’t take the boat if you’re planning on rope drop. Do they start too late? Or just take too long to get there?

The boat to MK starts running 30 minutes before park open. And the ride is about 12 minutes long. Add loading, unloading and baggage check and you won’t make it to rope drop in time.

:)
We were at Ft. wilderness last month and the boat driver told us they start boats at 7am when the park opens at 9 because MK will let you in at 8. Is that the same procedure at WL?

We were at Ft. wilderness last month and the boat driver told us they start boats at 7am when the park opens at 9 because MK will let you in at 8. Is that the same procedure at WL?
They have a sign on the dock that says the boat to MK starts running 30 minutes before the park opens - unless they changed it since we were last there. The resort boat that travels between WL, CR and FT W starts running at 6:30 am. Someone could always take that boat to the Cr and then walk to MK if they wanted to. :)

We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge tomorrow, so I can check that sign. :) We can't wait to return.

It appears the boats start at a similar time to FW, and the question is what do they consider park opening. I think the 30 min before opening is a minimum, and they do run earlier. I have also seen MK boats shared with FW in the very early morning (and sometimes in the afternoon at off peak times.)

They have a sign on the dock that says the boat to MK starts running 30 minutes before the park opens - unless they changed it since we were last there. The resort boat that travels between WL, CR and FT W starts running at 6:30 am. Someone could always take that boat to the Cr and then walk to MK if they wanted to. :)

We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge tomorrow, so I can check that sign. :) We can't wait to return.
Here are the signs. They have not changed but I think they do support early access to MK.
A951B227-7EED-4A14-A95D-9B54840DC8EE.jpeg F8DD19B0-DB63-474F-94F5-E10029548E07.jpeg

This morning there was a combined green/red flag boat that arrived from FW on the way to MK at 7:15.
F46A0283-E3EA-4077-804E-41B2E80B6FDE.jpeg

We know you can’t wait to be “home”. We’ll see you here!

Last edited:

@AngiTN, I noticed you said you can’t take the boat if you’re planning on rope drop. Do they start too late? Or just take too long to get there?

If you are someone who cares about getting to the park at rope drop, then my guess is you are someone who would prefer the bus. The bus ride is very short. I never had a long wait for the bus. The boat ride is not very short, and you may have a long wait for the boat. I know that some people like the leisurely ride on the boat, but my guess is those are not people who want to be at the park at rope drop.

In the morning does the blue flag boat sail from WL to CR to FW to WL, etc.?

Yup. From page #1.

BLUE FLAG: The boat to the right of the dock has ablue flag, and goes to Fort Wilderness and Disney's Contemporary Resort. These boats run from 6:45 AM to 11:30 PM. Passengers using wheel chairs/scooters can use the boat pictured above. Just let any boat captain know that you require a "covered" boat or handicap accessible boat.Take the BLUE FLAG from CR to get back to WL

Live update regarding early Blue Flag boat transportation: Talking to boat captain Paul, until 8:00, the blue flag boats run only to and from the Contemporary. This helps guests get to Chef Mickey’s quicker. In order to get to FW you have to change boats at CR, or wait until after 8:00.
0390F6D4-7FE6-4A35-A7CB-7AB2BE92D826.jpeg

This is a change from the usual operation (and what they do most of the day) where one boat runs counter clockwise and one runs clockwise in continuous loops on Bay Lake.

It appears the boats start at a similar time to FW, and the question is what do they consider park opening. I think the 30 min before opening is a minimum, and they do run earlier. I have also seen MK boats shared with FW in the very early morning (and sometimes in the afternoon at off peak times.)

Here are the signs. They have not changed but I think they do support early access to MK.
View attachment 350434 View attachment 350435

This morning there was a combined green/red flag boat that arrived from FW on the way to MK at 7:15.
View attachment 350441

We know you can’t wait to be “home”. We’ll see you here!
I found it confusing too about boats. 30 min before park opening isn’t adequate imo. I much prefer the boat over bus, but one morning I did bus. 2 other days I got to the dock maybe 40-45 min before park opening and the big boat was there. I didn’t want to try 60min before opening to see, because standing on the hot dock for that long if boats aren’t running was too much! They really need to put in some shade. Umbrellas or something.
p.s. hope you enjoyed TL!

Live update regarding early Blue Flag boat transportation: Talking to boat captain Paul, until 8:00, the blue flag boats run only to and from the Contemporary. This helps guests get to Chef Mickey’s quicker. In order to get to FW you have to change boats at CR, or wait until after 8:00.
View attachment 350446

This is a change from the usual operation (and what they do most of the day) where one boat runs counter clockwise and one runs clockwise in continuous loops on Bay Lake.
On our last morning on our way back from Ft. W Trails End Breakfast I was talking to the captain about River Country, he made detour and passes as close by as he could and gave us a tour, and talked a bit about it. I didn’t know Mickey’s BBQ was built on the site of the round pool in front of River Country!

Hope you enjoyed TL!
We did. It was a very light crowd day, and using Minnie Vans made getting in and out easy and much faster than multiple busses.

On our last morning on our way back from Ft. W Trails End Breakfast I was talking to the captain about River Country, he made detour and passes as close by as he could and gave us a tour, and talked a bit about it. I didn’t know Mickey’s BBQ was built on the site of the round pool in front of River Country!
That’s so neat. When we rent boats that’s one of our favorite things to see. I got to walk by part of River Country this morning. I am curious about the future construction over there. They have a lot of trees marked to be taken down. We will see what comes out in the next year or so.

We arrived at the lodge this morning around 10:40am and our room was ready for us. We got the room we wanted and love it. We have a nice Bay Lake view, which is something we’ve never had before.

We had a quick lunch at Epcot F & W booths and everything we had was really good. We spent some time in the villa pool until they closed it for lightning. It is a hot day but no rain so far.

It feels good to be back here. :)

Just back from a wonderful 4 night stay at WL Copper Creek. Asked for a room on the upper floors and ending in 115. Only got upper floor. Was a great room located 2 rooms from elevator. Buses and boats were very efficient. Next time we go in September we will avoid the weekends, however. Didn't experience F&W like we had hoped due to the crowds. Loved the Halloween Party on the 7th.

We did. It was a very light crowd day, and using Minnie Vans made getting in and out easy and much faster than multiple busses.

That’s so neat. When we rent boats that’s one of our favorite things to see. I got to walk by part of River Country this morning. I am curious about the future construction over there. They have a lot of trees marked to be taken down. We will see what comes out in the next year or so.
Yes, sadly (to me) they are developing it. Boat captain said at first they were afraid the rock formations visible from lake were made with asbestos. He was speculating it will be more DVC :rolleyes: with theming to go along with WL.
Personally I think DVC is taking over WDW. They used to keep DVC separate from the resorts like BCV, BWV, Kidani, Bay Lake, etc. But now seems like DVC is taking over resorts like what they’ve done with WL & Poly. Taking half and turning it into DVC impacting the resort side itself, ugh. I don’t like it.

We had a very light day when we went to Blizard Beach too. Did you see the floating lounge chairs in the lazy river! I could sit and float on them all day!

We arrived at the lodge this morning around 10:40am and our room was ready for us. We got the room we wanted and love it. We have a nice Bay Lake view, which is something we’ve never had before.

We had a quick lunch at Epcot F & W booths and everything we had was really good. We spent some time in the villa pool until they closed it for lightning. It is a hot day but no rain so far.

It feels good to be back here. :)
Love the new villa pool. We stayed there more than main pool. Only went to main pool once cause we were doing laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter