• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: I don't get on the DIS nearly enough anymore :confused3 Hopefully that will change when classes are done (c'mon summer). I spotted new digs!!!!!!! YAY :thumbsup2 Kookalicious, as always great job, and thank you for all you do here on DIS and the FAQ threads:goodvibes We are booked this summer at Poly CL (no changes...it's been 4 months WHAT???) and the only other place that catches my eye is OFC :love: Miss you my friend, and all my DISfriends!!:grouphug:

:wave2:

So glad to see some familiar names that I haven't seen in awhile. :wave2:

Woodnymph- thanks for your arrival day report. I really thought I was going to post when I was there this summer, but I was so worn out each day from the heat and trying to be extra careful of my back. I am very impressed when people take the time to post during their vacations.
Also, a belated thank you for how often you answer questions and provide info. You really add so much to this thread and the helpful vibe that exists here. :worship:
Hope you're having a magical time- in spite of the colder temps!

Hi!
We arrive Thursday for our first stay at WL. We took the kids on the Disney Magic in December and stayed in the Roy suite and told the kids that because of the big cruise we just couldn't do our annual January Disney World trip. Five years ago we lost DH's mom to brain cancer at the young age of 63 and just 7 months later we lost his dad to heart failure. That January we regrouped in Disney as a family to help cope with our grief and decided we would make it an annual trip where we remember the grandparents and spend quality time. We have been quite fortunate to have stayed at the Poly, Poly cl, And Yacht cl. My ds7 has been begging for a stay at WL. On Wednesday we will pick the kids up from school and go straight to the auto train. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.
Currently we have a courtyard view with bunk beds room. Since we will have our car with us is there a way to ask for a room closest to the lobby/parking lot?
Thanks!
Amanda

Just some quick questions - what is magic cookie hour? Is this a club level activity ? How do u know what the hour is?

Magic Cookie hour is on Saturdays from 2-3 in Roaring Forks. It's a sugar cookie and you get to decorate it. Hooray for free resort activities! We always miss out on it, but someday I am determined to get my free cookie, LOL.

Thank you WDWKOOK for your take on the noise levels, we have been in rooms before where couples have had physical and verbal fights in the rooms around us and one family had the Dad leave in the middle of the night when the Mom really needed his help with twin young babies. I really felt sorry for the lady she sobbed her heart out for ages , I so wanted to knock and see if she was ok but thought she might have been really embarrassed if I had done so. The lady ended up phoning her mum to come over since they were not far apart and they moved out the next day. From the dialogue between them she was probably making a wise choice. Some folks lose sight of just why they are there in the first place to relax and it's such a shame when that happens. I found it interesting on our last trip a family we kept bumping into actually took and paid their Nannies to go with them to help with the kiddos and they seemed to all enjoy things so much more than others were doing at the time. That is why it's alwys best to go at the pace the kids and adults are comfortable with from the beginning especially during the busy humid weeks of summer. We did find packing rolled towels under the connecting doors really helped reduce noise seepage too, you pick up all sorts of tricks like that over the years.
Great example of how vacations can turn nasty pretty fast or how guests who are already experiencing some hardships might think that a WDW vacation will magically make everything better. Vacations can be very stressful and have unintended consequences. We often have very high expectations which can make for big disappointments when those expectations aren't met. And, other guests can end up embroiled in these disputes, especially when you're right next door to it.

So excited! Only 9 days left till our trip! WL CL. This is our 2nd trip to DW... We stayed at the cabins last trip.... Hoping its not too cramped :)
The room is smaller than a cabin, however, since you've added CL, you'll have an "extra" big room to lounge around in and enjoy some food, drink and the view:thumbsup2

This will be our first time at WL. Thanks you all for the info!!
You're welcome and let us know if you have any questions.

One week till our stay at the lodge!!! So excited! Will be there 1/31 till 2/7
I'll add your dates and I hope you can check-in with us soon!

Thanks for the new thread! I just noticed we aren't on the log... Nor is anyone else for our dates! 2/14-2/20. We are in a near frenzy of anticipation in my house! Our first stay at the lodge, and the first trip that my 2.5 year old has been able to anticipate! Makes for funny conversations. Does anyone know if big siblings are allowed in Splash area with under 48"? I assume parents are.
To the Lodgers' Log you go! And, I don't see any reason why anyone wouldn't be allowed in the splash pad area.

We arrived at the WL this morning around 10:45am after waking up about 3:30am for our 6am flight. It was one of those travel days where everything seemed to go right. A shuttle bus was waiting for us at the airport parking lot. Our airplane took off on time and landed early, about 9:233am. We walked right on the ME and it pulled out about 8 minutes later. We arrived at the WL around 10:45am, got checked in quickly and our room was ready for us. :)

We needed to get our Annual Passes renewed and the only glitch in the day so far was the huge line at Guest Relations. I bet there were more than 200 people in line. :sad2: So we took the Boardwalk bus and walked to the International Gateway where we only had to wait about ten minutes in line before we could renew the passes. We took a nice walk through Epcot, a bus ride back to the WL that took less than ten minutes, and we made it back in time for Magic cookie hour. ;)

There is scaffolding up in front of the inner courtyard, upper springs section of the lodge, just to your right as you walk toward the pool. The room we were in last October, room 3119, now is covered by the scaffolding. I didn't see any other construction going on at the lodge. The new pool looks great. The splash pad was running and kids were having fun playing in it, even though it was about 57 degrees out. The beach is back to normal. There is a new canvas roof on the Trout Bar that looks really nice.

We had drinks and appetizers at Territory Lounge and while we were enjoying our cheese fondue we decided to see if we could get a reservation at Artist Point. A few clicks on the MDE app and we had an ADR two hours later. The MDE app was very handy for that. :) Dinner was delicious and we got complimentary wine to go with our berry cobbler. :goodvibes We made it back to our room in time to watch Wishes through the trees while sitting on the bed. It was the perfect end to a day that was really nice. I can't believe that we just got here this morning.

The only downside was that the weather has turned cold and one of the reasons we ended up at Artist Point was that it was just too cold to go back out. But it was a lovely way to end our day. :goodvibes

I'll tell you all about our room after we check out. We can see the fireworks through the trees and it isn't too bad of a view. :thumbsup2

Great getting an update from you on your arrival day. If you get a chance, we'd love some new splash pad photos for the thread:goodvibes

Just some quick questions - what is magic cookie hour? Is this a club level activity ? How do u know what the hour is?

Is there a boardwalk bus or did you use the Epcot bus?

Thank you enjoy your stay
Magic Cookie hour is offered on Saturdays at Roaring Fork. It is a free cooking decorating event. More information is in the ACTIVITIES chapter of the thread.

:hug: I don't get on the DIS nearly enough anymore :confused3 Hopefully that will change when classes are done (c'mon summer). I spotted new digs!!!!!!! YAY :thumbsup2 Kookalicious, as always great job, and thank you for all you do here on DIS and the FAQ threads:goodvibes We are booked this summer at Poly CL (no changes...it's been 4 months WHAT???) and the only other place that catches my eye is OFC :love: Miss you my friend, and all my DISfriends!!:grouphug:
You're HERE!!!!:wave2:

You've been greatly missed, but your Honeymoon Suite photos are still in the thread:thumbsup2. Don't be a stranger, Stranger:hug:

New thread is great, thanks so much Kook!
Thank you and welcome back.

:wave2:

Ugh :crowded: There's no low season anymore is there :confused3
This is unfortunately very true.

September 12-19, 2015
:thumbsup2

So glad to see some familiar names that I haven't seen in awhile.

Woodnymph- thanks for your arrival day report. I really thought I was going to post when I was there this summer, but I was so worn out each day from the heat and trying to be extra careful of my back. I am very impressed when people take the time to post during their vacations.
Also, a belated thank you for how often you answer questions and provide info. You really add so much to this thread and the helpful vibe that exists here. :worship:
Hope you're having a magical time- in spite of the colder temps!
::yes::

Hi!
We arrive Thursday for our first stay at WL. We took the kids on the Disney Magic in December and stayed in the Roy suite and told the kids that because of the big cruise we just couldn't do our annual January Disney World trip. Five years ago we lost DH's mom to brain cancer at the young age of 63 and just 7 months later we lost his dad to heart failure. That January we regrouped in Disney as a family to help cope with our grief and decided we would make it an annual trip where we remember the grandparents and spend quality time. We have been quite fortunate to have stayed at the Poly, Poly cl, And Yacht cl. My ds7 has been begging for a stay at WL. On Wednesday we will pick the kids up from school and go straight to the auto train. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.
Currently we have a courtyard view with bunk beds room. Since we will have our car with us is there a way to ask for a room closest to the lobby/parking lot?
Thanks!
Amanda
How sweet and what a fantastic surprise! Please check in with us if you get a chance and let us know how the surprise went.

We arrived at the WL this morning around 10:45am after waking up about 3:30am for our 6am flight. It was one of those travel days where everything seemed to go right. A shuttle bus was waiting for us at the airport parking lot. Our airplane took off on time and landed early, about 9:233am. We walked right on the ME and it pulled out about 8 minutes later. We arrived at the WL around 10:45am, got checked in quickly and our room was ready for us. :)

We needed to get our Annual Passes renewed and the only glitch in the day so far was the huge line at Guest Relations. I bet there were more than 200 people in line. :sad2: So we took the Boardwalk bus and walked to the International Gateway where we only had to wait about ten minutes in line before we could renew the passes. We took a nice walk through Epcot, a bus ride back to the WL that took less than ten minutes, and we made it back in time for Magic cookie hour. ;)

There is scaffolding up in front of the inner courtyard, upper springs section of the lodge, just to your right as you walk toward the pool. The room we were in last October, room 3119, now is covered by the scaffolding. I didn't see any other construction going on at the lodge. The new pool looks great. The splash pad was running and kids were having fun playing in it, even though it was about 57 degrees out. The beach is back to normal. There is a new canvas roof on the Trout Bar that looks really nice.

We had drinks and appetizers at Territory Lounge and while we were enjoying our cheese fondue we decided to see if we could get a reservation at Artist Point. A few clicks on the MDE app and we had an ADR two hours later. The MDE app was very handy for that. :) Dinner was delicious and we got complimentary wine to go with our berry cobbler. :goodvibes We made it back to our room in time to watch Wishes through the trees while sitting on the bed. It was the perfect end to a day that was really nice. I can't believe that we just got here this morning.

The only downside was that the weather has turned cold and one of the reasons we ended up at Artist Point was that it was just too cold to go back out. But it was a lovely way to end our day. :goodvibes

I'll tell you all about our room after we check out. We can see the fireworks through the trees and it isn't too bad of a view. :thumbsup2

Great! Can't wait to hear more about WL. We are going in June!

Pas! Hello! Hello!!! Happy to "see" you! :wave2: You would be proud of all my resort adding and changing in recent months. :) Poly CL will be great - just stayed there for 5 nights over Marathon Weekend and loved it even with construction (may have felt differently if it was warm enough to swim, but it wasn't.)

Ditto to the praise for KOOK, and if you could add us to the front page, that would be great! We returning to WL for our 3rd stay there March 27-29, but this will be our first CL stay and we're SO excited.

Wood Nymph, thanks so much for your report - would love to hear more when you have a chance!

This notice below was posted today. One post in the link provided indicates that signature blocks may be affected/lost. Hopefully, nothing else will be impacted, such as Resort Information thread formatting:confused::worried:

New Boards are coming!

We are moving our boards from the current software and servers to all new systems! We have been on this generation of software for a long time. There were a lot of reasons we were unable to move but we now believe we have found a great solution.

We are very excited to move to Xenforo! Xenforo ltd is run by a team we have known for a long time and they have done a great job with this product. We certainly wanted to wait until it was stable but we feel we are there and that this will provide a great solution for everyone especially our mobile users.

We are done testing the actual technical migration and Corey and his design team are now working on the new look.

It currently looks like the boards will shut down Sunday Morning 2/8 around 1am eastern time and reopen some time on Sunday 2/8 late afternoon/evening
There are a lot of factors that could affect the exact time.

I will start a thread on the tech support board if you have any questions please ask there!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52960687#post52960687

Ditto to the praise for KOOK, and if you could add us to the front page, that would be great! We returning to WL for our 3rd stay there March 27-29, but this will be our first CL stay and we're SO excited.
Yippee! I think you're going to love the OFC and I'll log your dates in POST 1.

Thanks Kook! You are always on top of everything!!

To everyone up North, stay safe if you're traveling today!

Is there a boardwalk bus or did you use the Epcot bus?

Thank you enjoy your stay

Thanks. :) I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I can't do replies from my iPhone or iPad. The stupid Dis app doesn't work. :badpc:

We took the WL bus to MK and then switched to the Boardwalk bus there. It is a really quick ride over there and our bus driver told us where the Boardwalk bus stop was. I think it is the best way to get to an ADR at an Epcot resort.

Important question for anyone who knows: this is the second time that the clock display in our room is completely dark. And we don't know how to turn it on. We've been able to dim the light or make it brighter if it was on to begin with, but can't figure out how to turn it on if we find it off.

Splash pad information - our two grandchildren, age 5 and 7, were able to play in the splas pad even those both of them are taller than 48 inches. There are seats for parents to sit on.

Pool refurb - it really looks nice. The one picture I hadn't seen yet was the way the pool refurb looked on the south wing side, so we checked it out. They added more plants on the south side, increasing the distance between the rooms and the sidewalk. Inside the pool they seem to have less pool chairs on the south side than before, but have more pool chairs on the north side now. It seems to me that they removed most of the shade trees on the north side, so the main pool will be sunnier now. I think that there are less pool chairs overall than before.

Trout Bar - the two seating areas look really nice. The smoking area behind the Trout Bar looks nice. The tables have umbrellas.

DH and I walked to and from Trails End for breakfast. The ponies were wearing their coats and they were so cute. We saw them frisking around, playing with each. It was cute to see. We really enjoy going over there for breakfast. :)

We had a really long day yesterday which involved hitting three parks. :faint:
We continued our good boat karma by having a boat pull up just as we approached the dock. :)

Today is the day I've been looking forward to - our granddaughter gets her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique makeover and we are going to Enchanted Tales with Belle. I can't wait. :cloud9:

DH and I walked to and from Trails End for breakfast. The ponies were wearing their coats and they were so cute. We saw them frisking around, playing with each. It was cute to see. We really enjoy going over there for breakfast. :)

One of my best Disney memories was from a stay at the Cabins. I was leaving the Cabin, to go pick up my brother at the airport. And in a clearing, near the road, was a doe with two fawns.

And they were playing with each other.

They played like dogs: They'd hunker down a bit on their front legs. Stare at each other for a few seconds. Then one of them would twitch, and the other one would take off running in a random direction.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.
Any info on what is being done at Whispering Canyon, and how it will impact the Lobby?
Also for those that desire a table service breakfast, will Artist Point be taking over?
Just wondering if there is any info out there.
Thanks!

Are the toiletries in the rooms still H2O products? When we're were there last time (2013) they had H2O Blushing Orange smell. And the time before that, (2007) it was H2O Aquatics, which I liked the scent of better...just wondering if they still are using these products, and what scent?

Are the toiletries in the rooms still H2O products? When we're were there last time (2013) they had H2O Blushing Orange smell. And the time before that, (2007) it was H2O Aquatics, which I liked the scent of better...just wondering if they still are using these products, and what scent?

From what I've read, that's true for the deluxe resorts. (And I have no clue about the scents.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter