Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! We will be at WL for our first ever family WDW trip! We will be arriving on a Wednesday evening, and it seems like we should be able to get a nice bite for dinner from Geyser Point or Roaring Fork. We shouldn’t expect a wait at either since they’re QS, right? Anyone have opinions on the food at either place?

What an exciting trip! I love WL. You won't have issues eating at GP or RF - try to hit off peak times if you can. But I can honestly say I've never had an issue getting in to either place with a seat. I think the difference at GP is if you want to sit and eat, you have to see the hostess. But they have a takeaway option too.

Hi all! We will be at WL for our first ever family WDW trip! We will be arriving on a Wednesday evening, and it seems like we should be able to get a nice bite for dinner from Geyser Point or Roaring Fork. We shouldn’t expect a wait at either since they’re QS, right? Anyone have opinions on the food at either place?
As others have said, you shouldn't have a problem at either place. If it is a peak time, you might have to wait a bit to be seated at Geyser Point (which is strange for a QS) but helps manage the tables there. At Roaring Fork it is a traditional QS, with a food ordering area and adjacent dining room with many tables, and as others mentioned some tables just outside as well in a nice dining area that was added recently.

We tend to have our arrival night meal at Roaring Fork and enjoy their dinner options. The burgers are above average for QS, and they tend to have nice variety of flatbread pizza options. There is quite a bit of variety in what they offer, usually with a few interesting sandwiches to accompany traditional pizza, burgers, and chicken nugget options. There are also nice desserts, with cupcakes and baked goods from the bakery case and they also have a soft serve ice cream machine which I really enjoyed last trip. We also do tend to grab breakfast from Roaring Fork and take it to the room, with us sharing a few waffle plates between the four of us.

Geyser Point tends to have slightly more upscale offerings, and the Bison burger is really quite good. The rest of the menu seems to change quite a bit, and they don't offer the variety that Roaring Fork does but the items tend to be nicer. It is a beautiful lakefront setting, and they pipe in the music for the fireworks that you can see some of and the Electrical Water Parade goes right by. The bar is popular in the evenings, but it is usually pretty easy to get a table at dinner time when we've been. Lunch tends to have a little more wait in our experience, but you can always walk up to the to go window and order from there to take food to go and eat elsewhere.

Overall, I'd recommend them both for some point during your stay. We prefer the Roaring Fork air conditioned seating for the heat of the day, but Geyser Point has a prettier location we like at night. Have a great time!

Do the WL rooms have plenty of power points? Is there one in the bathroom in front of the mirror for my own hair drier or curling tongs?

Hi all! Could someone explain to me how it currently works with the dining plan at Geyser Point? I thought I read that if you are seated by a hostess, you are NOT eligible to use the dining plan. If you order your food at the to-go window, you CAN use quick service dining plan credits. Is this correct?

Do the WL rooms have plenty of power points? Is there one in the bathroom in front of the mirror for my own hair drier or curling tongs?

Near the sink area, there is an outlet on each wall. Also, each night we charge three phones, camera & video camera battery as well as a charging stick for the park & we have plenty of outlets for each.

Welcome "HOME"! We like the choices at both locations.

Dining near the water at GP, especially in the evening, is wonderful. Even if it just for a beverage. Added bonus is the great view of the Electric Water Pageant.
We usually eat out arrival day lunch here. We like the options they offer, something for each of us (DD13 loves their burgers & wings). Depending on the time of day, there might be a wait for a table.

Roaring Forks also has great choices. Love the bakery items. DD gets their chili as a snack. The grilled cheese on the adult menu is very tasty as well as the pulled pork. They have indoor & covered outdoor seating.

Have a magical trip!

Near the sink area, there is an outlet on each wall. Also, each night we charge three phones, camera & video camera battery as well as a charging stick for the park & we have plenty of outlets for each.
Thank you very much, that is very useful, reassuring information. :wave:

Unfortunately, you have a much bigger problem. You're going to run into Crave's geoblocking:

QUOTE from https://www.crave.ca/help-and-frequently-asked-questions-74295754

Can I use Crave when travelling in Canada and the U.S.?

Crave is not available for use outside Canada.

END QUOTE

Crave will detect you are not in Canada and you won't be able to watch anything.

SW

Ugh, I made this discovery yesterday. So frustrated :guilty:. I should have checked that first I suppose but I was just assuming it would work, my fail. So yeah, no GoT for us it looks like. Hopefully we can go spoiler free till we get home. Will just have to distract ourselves with fireworks and Mickey bars that night :rolleyes:

Congrats! We had our first trip a few weeks ago. We didn't eat at Geyser Point and only once (that counts) at Roaring Fork, so I don't have the most info. But my take is:
  1. Both are QS, so you can't make reservations. This means both that you're unlikely to be "shut out" of eating, but also that it might be busy and have a bit of a wait, especially at peak times. If this is true, I would expect it more at Geyser Point than Roaring Fork.
  2. Geyser Point looked great, and there are many good reviews of it, so I'm a bit disappointed we never wound up there. In particular, the lakeside ambience seems nice at dusk.
  3. We only went to Roaring Fork for breakfast. We grabbed pre-made muffins once, and on a second day ordered eggs etc. I don't know what possessed me not to get the pulled-pork-cheese-grits-with-poached-egg—it was the last day of our trip and I think I'd just had too much rich food already. Anyway, the standard eggs-n-bacon platters we got were well executed, and decidedly better than Be Our Guest—the eggs were "real" eggs. I can't speak to quality, but the lunch and dinner menu certainly looks delicious. The indoor seating is rather small, but there are also some tables on the covered patio with a view of the themed landscaping, pool, and lake.
  4. Unsolicited advice: If your schedule allows and you can land a reservation, I recommend Storybook Dining at Artist Point. It's not the very best food we had on our trip, and it had its shortcomings, but IMO it was the dining experience with the heaviest dose of Disney "Imagineering," especially applied to the dining experience itself (themed dishes & presentation, not just eating amidst a themed setting). (My full $0.02 on our dining experiences: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-good-the-meh-and-the-ugly.3742959/)
Thanks! We are definitely trying for Artists Point, but still waiting on a table to hopefully open up as we get closer.

We always bring a power strip when staying at the WL. The desk only has two outlets. The nightstand covers up another set of outlets but you have to move the nightstand in order to reach them. The room doesn’t have any USB ports yet. But there are outlets on each side of the sink

When we stayed at BRV last year, we found the new mirror that they installed in the bathroom blocked the access to the outlet. Most hair dryers have the GFCI plug on them that is pretty wide. BRV bathroom mirror.jpg

We stayed at WL 4/10-4/13. We booked a standard view room through a TA, but when we arrived we were "upgraded" to a courtyard view with a bunkbed. (Rm # 5025) We arrived at MCO around 2ish and while waiting on the magical express I got the room ready text. We bypassed check in and went right to our room. I did online check in (set up an email/pin/etc, but did not put in any requests). The room was clean (although I always find "sutff" on the floor - like hair ties!). I wish they had upgraded the WL. I am not a fan of the carpet and I found the pillows 'flat'. But the bed were comfy. Kids loved bunkbeds (After much bickering and a coin toss for top bunk). I do have to say that around 9pm (kids were out and we were exhausted after a long travel day) they pumped music into the courtyard and although the kids slept through it, us adults were kept awake. It happened the following night, but then abruptly stopped. So we wonder if people complained. I also found USB ports totally lacking. And the safe had an actualy physical heavy key! Not convenient for going to the pool or parks. Our last stay was at French Quarter and USBs ports were everywhere and the safe had a keypad. We got separate bottles of bath products, including aloe.
The kids loved the pool and slide. We found that the main pool seriously lacked space. People weren't 'hogging' chairs with a random towel, people were legit sitting in chairs and we had to do laps around the pool area to find a spot. The quiet pool was beautiful and had much more space. We only had a few meals at roaring fork and got a quick salad from geyser point (the take away part). Typical Disney fare, but we all LOVED the bread they used to make the sandwiches. Real bread, not just white cheap stuff. We ordered a grocery delivery from Amazon. I went to bell services and got it myself.
The resort itself is breathtaking. But this was a quick trip for us, so we didn't have a lot of time to just hang out at the resort. We did do the s'mores roast (we do on every trip, the kids just love it). Best part of the resort - boat to MK. So fast, easy, convenient, low stress. It was wonderful to arrive at MK and have a separate and smaller security line to go through. We stayed for HEA friday night and took the boat back to WL. So quick and uncrowded! Nice area to wait for boat as well (a few benches and undercover). Every staff member we encountered at WL was amazing. Random staff in the hall would stop us and say 'did you see the view out this window?' or ask if we were having a nice time, etc. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. We've stayed CBR (back before all the consturction), Riverside, FQ, BC, POP, and Poly. WL, Poly and FQ are my top three with kids. :)

We don't like Roaring Forks at all
We love Geyser Point. While not TS the food has always been TS quality

Hi all. I am trying to find out if there is a gas and/or a charcoal grill around the areas where the Copper Creek Cabins are? If so, has anyone used them before? \

First time staying in the cabins, and haven't stayed at WL in a long time.

TIA!

Hi all. I am trying to find out if there is a gas and/or a charcoal grill around the areas where the Copper Creek Cabins are? If so, has anyone used them before? \

TIA!
They have gas grills for each area of the cabins. It is a really nice setup. :)

TIA!
As Nymph mentioned, they have gas grills. There is a grill with a bench and covered seating between cabins 8016 and 8017 (I believe) on the south side, and there is a larger area near 8006 on the north side. ;) That being said, it's quite a haul from, say, Cabin 8026 to 8016/17. 8026 is the farthest out cabin, and it's nearly a quarter mile to the main Lodge (the closest cabin in 8013).

You’ve already gotten some great replies, but wanted to chime in to say we’ve had nothing but good experiences at Geyser Point. On a sunny day, sitting by the water and eating a lovely portabello salad or fruit plate with lavender-honey yogurt is just perfect. Or maybe a massive burger and a beer ... hard to go wrong either way! I usually go the healthy-ish route, my son goes the burger route and my DH goes the beer route. It pleases us all.

We’ve yet to try Roaring Fork but I noticed they have decent prices on bottles of wine the last time we walked through so it can’t be too bad!

As Nymph mentioned, they have gas grills. There is a grill with a bench and covered seating between cabins 8016 and 8017 (I believe) on the south side, and there is a larger area near 8006 on the north side. ;) That being said, it's quite a haul from, say, Cabin 8026 to 8016/17. 8026 is the farthest out cabin, and it's nearly a quarter mile to the main Lodge (the closest cabin in 8013).

Not the OP, but this is super helpful! Thanks!

Has anyone actually used the grills? My DH - aka our household grill master - thinks it will be magical to grill out one night during our CCV stay in July and I’m down for any vacation meal that doesn’t involve me cooking. Will we have any trouble with grill availability? Any pro tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter