Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I booked my first Wilderness Resort Stay for this December! I will be staying in a standard view room. Are those rooms currently looking at construction? Just wondering how bad the view actually is :)

Hi! I booked my first Wilderness Resort Stay for this December! I will be staying in a standard view room. Are those rooms currently looking at construction? Just wondering how bad the view actually is :)
All of the construction has been finished for a while. The standard view rooms look toward the MK and many of them will have a really good view of the fireworks. The rooms are also overlooking the service area and you may hear some noise from delivery vehicles. The higher floors have a pretty good view. :)

Just posting some pics around Wilderness Lodge from our trip in June.
We had a bunk bed room- DS2 and his girlfriend slept on the bunk bed.
View attachment 419524
We had a courtyard view and were on the 2nd floor facing the pool- though it wasn't noisy at all.

Quick question. We have this type of room booked for October. Is the top bunk a little bigger than the bottom one. In the pictures it looks like it is slighter bigger but I can't get a clear pic of it.

Just returned from a wonderful trip, 11 nights at WL, nature view room #5002. We love the WL, from the lobby to the boat ride to MK to the ever so friendly & helpful CM! Wanted to give a brief overview of our experience from this trip (as everyone on this thread is always so helpful).

FOOD: Roaring Fork - we ate here only once for bkfst (not a fan of the bagel sandwich, it was better back in the day when it was a croissant) and once for a late lunch - DD13 hamburger was dried out & the pulled pork was just OK. Geyser Point - we did not eat here nearly enough this trip - only once ☹. DD13 had the Fish & Chips & they were flaky & crispy & WAY better then UK in Epcot, DH had the bison burger, which was excellent as always & I had the portobello salad with steak - very tasty! Storybook dining @ Artist Point: I will say we were a fan of the original Artist Point & am sad to see it go. The food now was just ok - did not like the apps or the desserts. DH had the pork, which he liked, DD13 had the prime rib, not too much fat which was nice & I had the gnocchi, which was tasty but very heavy. The character interaction was GREAT!! LOVE the Snow Queen. BUT I must say - our nice quite lobby is no longer. The amount of people that are now in the lobby because of this new dining, for us, is a lot. I get that there are new experiences & new restaurants, but what always brought us back to the WL was the quite lobby. Oh well, guess we will have to live with it....

TRANSPORTATION: Never had to wait for a bus or boat more than 5 minutes, except one morning to go to Epcot & the bus was shared with Fort Wilderness. After that, we took our truck to Epcot. They had more of the bigger boats running this trip than in the past trips, we noticed.

MOUSEKEEPING: Everything was always clean in our room & on our floor.

LAUNDRY: They really need to update the facilities, twice it was closed for repairs & we were given a card to use the Villa's facilities, but there are only 4 machines.

CAST MEMBERS: All were so friendly, helpful & cheerful. This is why we love the Lodge!

Hope this helps! Looking forward to our next vacation!!!

Okay Wilderness Lodge gurus, tell me if I should make any specific request for my room reservation? My daughter and I are going over Labor Day for 4 nights, and I had booked a courtyard view room. Tonight I called and switched to a standard view room since it is $400 less and that is worth it to me at the moment. We are going to keep this low key for this trip. We are doing two MK days and an AK day. No halloween party. Definitely not going near HS or food and wine. Have a couple of ADR’s but plan to spend some hours relaxing at the resort every day and enjoy the pool.

The heat will be tough for us so we are going to keep things chill.

Is there any reason to make a request for a our standard view room location? It looks like they are not terribly spread around the resort anyway... fill me in please.

There is also block of Standard rooms that overlook the service area that I would suggest you avoid, second, third, fourth and fifth floor rooms: X042–X066. They overlook the service area (Fl 2&3) and lower trees (Fl 4-5).

I would suggest that you specifically request the 6th floor, 6042–6066 Standard rooms. Yes they are right above the rooms I suggested that you avoid. The 6th floor is high enough to allow you to see the Castle, top of Space Mountain and or the Contemporary A-Frame in the distance, just don't look down unless you want to see the service area.

Dave

Just got back from a wonderful stay in a fireworks/nature view room at Wilderness Lodge. We had a 3 resort split stay that started with a beautiful renovated room at AKL, then a surprise upgrade to Poly club level, so by the time we got to Wilderness Lodge the bar was set pretty high, lol. This view from room 6034 was amazing and the staff was very friendly. Transportation was also very, very good. The lodge was a great ending to a wonderful trip!421562421563421564421566

Hi everyone, we will be at Boulder Ridge in approx 5 weeks.
We've rented points and have a Standard View Studio Villa.
I'm just wondering what room we should request.
We have two small children one is 3yrs and the other is 10 months old. So we will have a double stroller. I was thinking near an elevator so avoid long trips to the room.
I'm unsure if we should get a ground floor or not? I'm not worried about their safety on the balcony it's more that at least the balcony is private where it looks like the "patio" is not.
Any help is appreciated.
We've mainly got MK days planned while we are there and will most likely take the boat or bus.

Hi everyone, we will be at Boulder Ridge in approx 5 weeks.
We've rented points and have a Standard View Studio Villa.
I'm just wondering what room we should request.
We have two small children one is 3yrs and the other is 10 months old. So we will have a double stroller. I was thinking near an elevator so avoid long trips to the room.
I'm unsure if we should get a ground floor or not? I'm not worried about their safety on the balcony it's more that at least the balcony is private where it looks like the "patio" is not.
Any help is appreciated.
We've mainly got MK days planned while we are there and will most likely take the boat or bus.
There aren't really any booking categories at BRV, so you just have a studio. There is no standard or preferred there. The halls are a bit long, but they didn't seem awful to me. So close to an elevator might be nice, but you won't really need it. There is only one set of elevators and they are rather centrally located. Odd numbered rooms face the lake and pool. So if you want a really quite side, go with even number. If you want a better view, go with odd. Balconies aren't all that private. They are open rails and you can see from to another. And they are small. If you have a ground floor, you also have a better chance of getting an unwelcome visitor on the patio in the bushes. Could be a duck, could be a snake, could be a frog.

There is also block of Standard rooms that overlook the service area that I would suggest you avoid, second, third, fourth and fifth floor rooms: X042–X066. They overlook the service area (Fl 2&3) and lower trees (Fl 4-5).

I would suggest that you specifically request the 6th floor, 6042–6066 Standard rooms. Yes they are right above the rooms I suggested that you avoid. The 6th floor is high enough to allow you to see the Castle, top of Space Mountain and or the Contemporary A-Frame in the distance, just don't look down unless you want to see the service area.

I totally agree. We were in 6064 last year and it was a FANTASTIC room. Very close to the lobby and we could see the fireworks from our balcony.

There aren't really any booking categories at BRV, so you just have a studio. There is no standard or preferred there. The halls are a bit long, but they didn't seem awful to me. So close to an elevator might be nice, but you won't really need it. There is only one set of elevators and they are rather centrally located. Odd numbered rooms face the lake and pool. So if you want a really quite side, go with even number. If you want a better view, go with odd. Balconies aren't all that private. They are open rails and you can see from to another. And they are small. If you have a ground floor, you also have a better chance of getting an unwelcome visitor on the patio in the bushes. Could be a duck, could be a snake, could be a frog.
Thanks for all the info.
I think it might be nice to have a view. Would any of the standard rooms be able to see MK? I'm guessing no, but OMG that would be a dream come true. it's our 7year wedding anniversary while we are there so want to make it special.

Thanks for all the info.
I think it might be nice to have a view. Would any of the standard rooms be able to see MK? I'm guessing no, but OMG that would be a dream come true. it's our 7year wedding anniversary while we are there so want to make it special.
No, no view of the MK. BRV is located behind and to the side of WL. Either building or trees between BRV and MK. Remember, there are no standard studios, just studios. There are no booking categories for BRV. CCV does have some and WL does have some.

No, no view of the MK. BRV is located behind and to the side of WL. Either building or trees between BRV and MK. Remember, there are no standard studios, just studios. There are no booking categories for BRV. CCV does have some and WL does have some.
Fantastic, thanks for that.
So I think we would like a woods view towards the lake. I found a room map online.
I'm assuming that where it says floors 3 and 4 are the same as 2 I'd just add the appropriate number of the floor to the start of the room.
So If I wanted to request room 2539 but on floor 4 it would be 4539?

Attachments

• wlvillas_map.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 14
What is the difference between nature view and nature fireworks view?

I stayed in a nature view this past April (5018 if I recall) and had a lovely view of fireworks but it was booked as just that, a nature view. I am looking to go back in 2020 but now see a nature fireworks category but no availability (I played around with dates as well, still with nothing available). Is the fireworks category new or in the works of being developed or is there just really no availability? Again, I don’t remember specifying a fireworks view in April, just nature view.

Thanks for any input anyone can give, as I’m confused. 😁😁

Hello! Checking in on Friday (Lodge courtyard). Are the shampoo / conditioners in the showers with pumps? Is there still body wash provided? Thanks!

So If I wanted to request room 2539 but on floor 4 it would be 4539?
Yes you are correct. Just to let you know that 4539 is a lock-off Studio, which means it has a interior door to the 1 BR next door and noise

I would suggest you take a look at x531, x560-x563 (where x is floors 2-4), they are dedicated studios. x531 is directly across from the trash room / service elevator and may be noisy during the day. x560-x563 are at the end of the hallway but tend to be quiet with less guest traffic at that end of the building.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter