Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in a refurbished room and it still has the woodsy vibe. The cute little animals on the headboard are gone, but the colors and decor are still there. :) My only complaint about the refurbished room is the lack of a towel rack in the sink area. They have two hooks instead. But otherwise, the room is nice. :)
Thanks for you reply, really appreciate your opinion!

We are staying in a CC studio next week. Do all the DVC rooms have a pack n play or will I need to request one from the front desk?

How late is the pool typically open in the summer? My crew wants to swim and explore on arrival day, and we likely won’t get in until 3. I am crossing fingers for a Storybook Dining ressie. If I can snag one I would like the kids to still have some pool time (and I realize I’ll probably have to luck out and grab someone’s cancellation rather than getting to book at my 60 days)

How late is the pool typically open in the summer? My crew wants to swim and explore on arrival day, and we likely won’t get in until 3. I am crossing fingers for a Storybook Dining ressie. If I can snag one I would like the kids to still have some pool time (and I realize I’ll probably have to luck out and grab someone’s cancellation rather than getting to book at my 60 days)
It was open until 11 pm this weekend.

Me again! I feel like I have read somewhere that there are areas on resort property such as grills? Am I mistaken? I have only ever stayed at AKL and the Yacht Club, so this is all new to me!

Me again! I feel like I have read somewhere that there are areas on resort property such as grills? Am I mistaken? I have only ever stayed at AKL and the Yacht Club, so this is all new to me!
There are two grills located near the Copper Creek cabins and there is probably at least one grill at Boulder Ridge. The DVC buildings always have a grill. :)

Will be at WL in a couple of weeks and was wondering about the best way to rope drop MK. Is it better to take the bus or the boat? Does anyone who has been recently know how early the boats start running? Thanks!

Will be at WL in a couple of weeks and was wondering about the best way to rope drop MK. Is it better to take the bus or the boat? Does anyone who has been recently know how early the boats start running? Thanks!
I don't recall there being a bus. The boat was super easy. I think it started running about an hour before early entry, if I recall correctly.

We arrive for our 7 day stay one week from tomorrow! (First world problem incoming…)

I’m getting nervous about my Starbucks addiction... Coffee brewed in the room just won’t cut it, and as much as I’d like to bring my Nespresso machine, I just don’t think there’s room in our luggage :P

In order for me to be coherent enough to book G+ rides at 7am and deal with the four kids needing my attention around the same time, I need to have some caffeine (prepared by someone else) coursing through my veins by 6:30-6:45 at the latest. Are there really no options for that on-site? It appears that Roaring Fork opens the earliest, but not until 7am… that won’t work o_O

Anywhere I can walk/get to easily that opens before then, preferably by 6-6:30? I will have a rental car so don’t mind driving as long as it’s easy in/out.

We arrive for our 7 day stay one week from tomorrow! (First world problem incoming…)

I’m getting nervous about my Starbucks addiction... Coffee brewed in the room just won’t cut it, and as much as I’d like to bring my Nespresso machine, I just don’t think there’s room in our luggage :P

In order for me to be coherent enough to book G+ rides at 7am and deal with the four kids needing my attention around the same time, I need to have some caffeine (prepared by someone else) coursing through my veins by 6:30-6:45 at the latest. Are there really no options for that on-site? It appears that Roaring Fork opens the earliest, but not until 7am… that won’t work o_O

Anywhere I can walk/get to easily that opens before then, preferably by 6-6:30? I will have a rental car so don’t mind driving as long as it’s easy in/out.
Maybe the gas station at the Car Care Center? It’s probably about a 5 minute drive from the WL at that time of day.

We drove to the Starbucks at Western Way and Main Street in Winter Garden every day during our trip! Opens at 5. 😀

It was an easy drive (if not super fast/close), and to us, it was worth it!

Asking a favor, is there anyone staying at WL now that would be willing to look at the furniture in the cabanas at the quiet pool and see if there is a brand name on it anywhere? Thanks

We drove to the Starbucks at Western Way and Main Street in Winter Garden every day during our trip! Opens at 5. 😀

It was an easy drive (if not super fast/close), and to us, it was worth it!
This is what I had come up with as my plan… glad to know it was an easy drive! Looks like around 15 mins? Well worth it for my quad blonde venti latte w/ 2 pumps sugar free vanilla ;) It boggles my mind that nowhere else opens before 7… the DTD SBs open at 9am?!?! I’ve lived an entire life by then! Thank you for letting me know it’s possible!

Maybe the gas station at the Car Care Center? It’s probably about a 5 minute drive from the WL at that time of day.

I’ll have to check it out, thank you for the recommendation! It’s so hard to tell how far away everything is/how accessible.

Booked 2 nights before our cruise in the fall. I’ve visited the lodge plenty of times, but first time staying here. We have a nature view booked, Any tips for room locations? Will be adults only on this trip.

I’ll have to check it out, thank you for the recommendation! It’s so hard to tell how far away everything is/how accessible.
It’s not far at all, just go straight though the intersection at the WL exit. You’ll pass the TTC & the Poly, the road basically ends, take a left and stay to the right, you’ll see the gas station. Now I’ve never bought coffee there, but years ago when I was a CM, we would get pizza and it was good. I believe they brew fresh coffee, it’s not Starbucks, but it’s caffeine! Ask at the front desk for recommendations, too.

Booked 2 nights before our cruise in the fall. I’ve visited the lodge plenty of times, but first time staying here. We have a nature view booked, Any tips for room locations? Will be adults only on this trip.
The nature view rooms face the Contemporary. Many of the rooms have a partial view of the MK fireworks. I would request an open balcony so you don't get a dormer balcony. The dormer balcony walls are chest high and you can't see out unless you are standing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter