Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buses -

the bus from Epcot last night went to WL and FW, stopping at WL first
the bus to Hollywood Studios this morning was nonstop
the bus from Hollywood Studios this afternoon shared with Contemporary, stopping at WL first

Disney Springs bus shares with Contemporary
The bus to Epcot is nonstop in the morning but after the morning rush hours it shares with Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:
We arrived at the WL today and our room was ready when we arrived around 10:45am. We used Mears Connect and we had a van instead of a bus. It stopped at FQ, then Beach Club, then WL. We took the bus to MK around 3:15 and it went to the Settlement Depot at Fort Wilderness first before going to MK - something to think about when deciding whether to take the boat or bus. (We had just missed the boat which is why we decided to take the bus.) Next time we will just wait for the next boat.

:)
Thanks for the info. Any chance you are going to MNSSHP one night? We are likely booking WL - if we go to the Party, interested in how long the waits are for ferry boats after the event... and/or busses after the event.

Recent reviews of Geyser Point? pics of a menu...some reviews?
Thanks we'll see her in dec!
We ate lunch at Geyser Point on Tuesday. They don't have smoked turkey sandwiches right now. Their supplier had a fire and haven't been able to provide the turkey for over a month. I was very disappointed. But the crab cakes were delicious and I liked the salmon salad. That is all we had.

Is it hard to grab a seat during lunch?
Just to add to the other great comments above. You can check the wait time using the Map in MDE to see the wait time for Geyser Point (GP) in almost real-time during it's normal Hours: 11 AM - 11 PM.

Just navigate to the WL and change the toggle at the top of the app from the default from Wait times to Dining. Then click on GP.

Dave

Just to add to the other great comments above. You can check the wait time using the Map in MDE to see the wait time for Geyser Point (GP) in almost real-time during it's normal Hours: 11 AM - 11 PM.

Just navigate to the WL and change the toggle at the top of the app from the default from Wait times to Dining. Then click on GP.

Dave
Thanks - I didn't realize you could check dining wait times by navigating to the resort.

Maybe pop over to VWL/BRV and check on construction? 🙂

Yes this:) maybe see if boots are on the ground over there. Heard there was no construction going on this weekend....

But rooms have been gutted (or at least one) and they have plastic on the 4th and 5th floors. So fingers crossed things are progressing, finally.

I went to the fifth floor of Boulder Ridge and ran into workmen on the 5th floor hallway in the section that has rooms 5532 - 5557. There was plastic covering the entire hallway carpet in this section and the workmen were at the fair end. There was a small section of plastic covering the area in front of 4531 to 4534, approx, on the fourth floor, but no signs of construction on this floor.

I'll be heading there this weekend... yay! Would you please check on the status of the return of boat service to the Contemporary from Wilderness Lodge? It was so convenient to get over there for restaurants and access to the monorail but I've heard it still wasn't running.
They had taken down all of the signage for the blue flag boats, the resort boats. So it looks like they don't plan to bring them back.

I went to the fifth floor of Boulder Ridge and ran into workmen on the 5th floor hallway in the section that has rooms 5532 - 5557. There was plastic covering the entire hallway carpet in this section and the workmen were at the fair end. There was a small section of plastic covering the area in front of 4531 to 4534, approx, on the fourth floor, but no signs of construction on this floor.

They had taken down all of the signage for the blue flag boats, the resort boats. So it looks like they don't plan to bring them back.
Thanks for checking on the rooms.
Sad about the resort boats ☹️

Thanks for checking on the rooms.
Sad about the resort boats ☹️
I told the boat Captain that we were sad that they weren't bringing back the resort boats and he said that he was sad about it, too.

We were surprised that they were still running the open launches in the rain. We had a delicious dinner at Citrico's last night and took the monorail to MK for the return to WL. It was raining and we missed the larger, enclosed boat. They brought in the small launch and loaded us on, wet seats and all. We had to use our umbrellas the keep the rain off of us as it dripped in off the canopy fringe. We could have waited for the enclosed launch but chose not to.

We are heading home in just a couple of hours. It has been a great stay, but very hot and humid. We managed to dodge a lot of rain but also encountered a few showers. Tuesday night was the worst when we had to wait out the downpour at Epcot before putting on our rain ponchos to get to Beirgarten for dinner.

I think the hardest part about the heat and humidity was that it wasn't comfortable hanging around the pool. Even the pool water was warmer than I would have liked. But the crowds weren't too bad and Soarin' was a ten minute wait at 10:30am yesterday, for example.

We had booked a nature view room and were in room 1001, ground floor next to a deluxe room. It is at the end of the resort, closest to the boat dock. It was a great location for access to the boat, pools, Geyser Point and Roaring Forks. But it was a bit of a walk to the buses. This room is really close to the geyser and we could hear it go off. It was a good thing that it was too hot to sit on the patio, because most of the patio is behind a huge rock wall. I'll post a couple of pictures later.

All it all, we had really good luck with boats and buses. I don't think we waited more than ten minutes for any of them, and many of them were there when we walked up or arrived shortly after. I don't have any negatives about this resort, except for the afternoon Epcot bus going to Fort Wilderness. ;)

Just want to repeat … Can’t believe they stopped boat from Contemporary to WL …. $$$ a penny saved is a penny in Bobs pocket
Maybe they are converting the resort launches to run on electricity (just a rumor) and it is going to take a decade. So no sense having them on signage that will be replaced several times before the conversion is conmplete.

Dave

Just want to repeat … Can’t believe they stopped boat from Contemporary to WL …. $$$ a penny saved is a penny in Bobs pocket
Just home from a stay at WL. Discovered on this trip that the bus to Disney Springs/Typhoon Lagoon has a stop at the Contemporary after the pickup at WL.

Certainly not the same as a boat ride but a workaround for a quick hop over to Contemporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter