Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot fewer cash reservation rooms now. Half the hotel was converted to DVC villas.

This is true, but a standard view double queen room is like $415 now. Wow. I paid less than that at the Poly just a few years back as well. Here's hoping for a 30+% discount for the summer months!

Are the views at Boulder Ridge all "nature views" or is there a parking lot/standard view that may occur. Trying to decide if I should book my inlaws in a standard WL nature view or just the villa studio at Boulder Ridge. Thanks!

I have not seen any reports that they are working on the 1st floor wing.

FYI, they were doing work on the first/ground floor of the resort wing when I was there over Thanksgiving. The first floor rooms on the ‘outside’ of the wing facing the cabins were on their way to being done done - I could clearly see that fake rock/nightlight panel on the wall at night in the rooms where the workers had left the lights on. Although it was hard to get a full view, just glimpses here and there.

Seemed to me like they were working on all floors/everywhere (other than what was previously completed).

Not sure what things were like more towards the lobby side of the building.

Are the views at Boulder Ridge all "nature views" or is there a parking lot/standard view that may occur. Trying to decide if I should book my inlaws in a standard WL nature view or just the villa studio at Boulder Ridge. Thanks!
The parking lot is not very close to the Boulder Ridge villas, so you are not going to get a parking lot view there. The WL nature view room would be a better choice if you want a nice view. The nature view rooms face the Bay Lake side of the resort and many of the rooms would have a partial fireworks view. :)

Are there buses that run from the pArks to wilderness lodge right now? We have a dinner reservation at whispering canyon on Christmas Day and I just today learned that the hotel is not open

Does anyone have a link that shows which rooms at CCV are two bedroom villas? i typically use disney touring plans, and for most resorts their info is correct. their CCV doesn't show which of the rooms are two bedroom villas. Going to try to go late 2020 ( not my home ), wanted to get an idea of rooms / locations to request.

Thanks!

Are there buses that run from the pArks to wilderness lodge right now? We have a dinner reservation at whispering canyon on Christmas Day and I just today learned that the hotel is not open

Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge are open.

Yes, WL buses are running to/from all four parks, Disney Springs, and the Fort Wilderness Settlement Depot.

Since you said dinner, just make sure park hours work with wherever you are going.

It's just the standard hotel rooms that are closed. The DVC rooms/villas in the main lodge building are open (Copper Creek) and also the DVC building next to the main lodge building (boulder ridge) are open. I ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe twice last week!

I am here now and was watching the renovations yesterday.

The rooms facing the pool, it looks like the top 3 floors are done. Furniture back on the patios.

They were working on the 2 lower floors yesterday. Workers were in all rooms from close to lobby all the way to the end by the boat dock.

Looked like some rooms were getting new glass sliding doors.

Was interesting watching them work. They gutted all the rooms right down to the studs.

There are pics if you do a Google search of what the new rooms look like.

Last edited:
I have a reservation for CCV Deluxe Studio for 8 nights. Can anyone tell me about the pull out bed, how comfortable is it?
Thanks

Great photos @Spridell! Thanks for posting.

I was trying to figure out the logic of the door replacement when I was there over Thanksgiving. At the time, it seemed like a random assortment without any pattern.

Enjoy your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter