Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are thinking of staying at WL Nov 20-30th.
One daughter will be turning 21. Our youngest will be 10 but doesn't quite remember her last trip to Disney so we want to make it special for both of them. I have a couple questions.
1. When do they start decorating for Christmas in the parks and resorts?
2. Would you suggest WL, CCV or BWV? We will be renting a Studio.
3. Along with #2 what building and floor would you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Thanksgiving is on the 25th of Nov. this year. We have stayed at WL for thanksgiving the past 6 years. ( :sad: had to stay at Rivera in 2020). It is a lottery system amoung the Deluxe resorts who gets decorated first. I have seen the tree up by the Thursday before thanksgiving , so a whole week, to Tuesday of thanksgiving week being (usually) the latest it goes up. Parks are decorated the beginning of nov. resorts ( 2020 was a weird year) typically don’t go up til mid nov.

sorry can’t help on studios , we stay in 2 rooms in the main lodge on an upper floor

Resubscribe too thread. (Should just stay here, lol). Just booked an 11 night stay at our favorite resort for the first time in the past 5 years. Booked for July 23rd through August 3rd. Now just hoping and praying for at least a room discount! Man this place has gotten expensive!

Resubscribe too thread. (Should just stay here, lol). Just booked an 11 night stay at our favorite resort for the first time in the past 5 years. Booked for July 23rd through August 3rd. Now just hoping and praying for at least a room discount! Man this place has gotten expensive!
I hear you on the price !

One daughter will be turning 21. Our youngest will be 10 but doesn't quite remember her last trip to Disney so we want to make it special for both of them. I have a couple questions.

Thank you so much!
Most deluxe studios are on the first floor. There are only a few on other floors. You never know when decorations will go up. Should be up by Thanksgiving though.

When we took the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge today, discovered that they built a new boat dock at MK for the WL and Fort Wilderness boats. It is in the location that was originally the GL/Poly boat dock. Both the FT and WL boats can dock at the same time. The old WL/FW boat dock is now used for the GL/Poly boat.

We also walked from MK to the Grand Floridian via the newly built GF/MK walkway. The entrance to the walkway is to the right of the WL/FW boat dock entrance at MK.

WL boat dock and GF walkway entrance Jan 2021.JPG

WL and FW boats at dock.JPG

We had a very good lunch at Geyser Point and then went into the WL to check out the Christmas decorations, which were still up. They are working on the 2nd floor rooms right now, including the deluxe rooms.

Roaring Forks is a little annoying now because you have to use mobile ordering for everything and I had trouble getting the mobile order app to accept our credit card on file for the Magic Cookie bar I was trying to buy. Finally I gave up and asked a CM if they could help me. They took my order and payment at the cash register and then I got my Magic Bar. But I wish they would just let you go to the cash registers like in the pre-Covid days.

We are looking forward to returning once the WL is back open again and Covid restrictions are removed. :)

Last edited:

Thank you so much!
CCV will sleep four with one queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa. BRV will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed. BWV will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and one bunk sized murphy bed. WL doesn't have studios, just hotel rooms. CCV, BRV and BWV are each only one building. CCV and BRV are both smaller, BWV is much larger with longer and multiple hallways. CCV and BRV both have one booking category, but CCV has different types of studios. BWV has standard and preferred studios (with two categories of preferred - BW View and Pool/Garden view) and will require different points per night.

CCV will sleep four with one queen bed and one queen sleeper sofa. BRV will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed. BWV will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and one bunk sized murphy bed. WL doesn't have studios, just hotel rooms. CCV, BRV and BWV are each only one building. CCV and BRV are both smaller, BWV is much larger with longer and multiple hallways. CCV and BRV both have one booking category, but CCV has different types of studios. BWV has standard and preferred studios (with two categories of preferred - BW View and Pool/Garden view) and will require different points per night.

Sorry - but CCV is in the same building as WL.
Did i misunderstand this?

Boulder Ridge Villas are in a different building and you have to walk outside to get there.

I stayed in a one bedroom in CCV and we took the elevators in the lobby to get to the room.

Sorry - but CCV is in the same building as WL.
Did i misunderstand this?

Boulder Ridge Villas are in a different building and you have to walk outside to get there.

I stayed in a one bedroom in CCV and we took the elevators in the lobby to get to the room.
Yes, CCV is located solely in one building. BRV is located solely in one building. BWV is located solely in one building. Not multiple buildings like SSR or GF or OKW.

What is current status of trails and boat to Fort Wilderness?

The trail was torn up in spots with the Reflections construction that started and has been put on hold. It is blocked off close to the WL main entrance and appears to be quite broken up/not a quick fix to reopen (from my layman’s view). TBD if Disney feels compelled to do the work to ever reopen it. (BTW, I kind of really dislike this since it takes away a major running route). I stopped by the resort last week and it didn’t appear any different than when we were there over Thanksgiving.

The WL-FW-CR boat has also not returned.

So, not great news on either front.

We took the boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge today and discovered that they built a new boat dock for the WL and Fort Wilderness boats. It is in the location that was originally the GL/Poly boat dock. Both the FT and WL boats can dock at the same time. The old WL/FW boat dock is now used for the GL/Poly boat.

We also walked to the Grand Floridian via the newly built walkway. The entrance to the walkway is to the right of the WL/FW boat dock entrance.

View attachment 548726

View attachment 548727

We had a very good lunch at Geyser Point and then went into the WL to check out the Christmas decorations, which were still up. They are working on the 2nd floor rooms right now, including the deluxe rooms.

Roaring Forks is a little annoying now because you have to use mobile ordering for everything and I had trouble getting the mobile order app to accept our credit card on file for the Magic Cookie bar I was trying to buy. Finally I gave up and asked a CM if they could help me. They took my order and payment at the cash register and then I got my Magic Bar. But I wish they would just let you go to the cash registers like in the pre-Covid days.

We are looking forward to returning once the WL is back open again and Covid restrictions are removed. :)

Did you notice whether Geyser Point still had carry out service?
Glad you had a nice trip. I’ll be staying at GDT in a few weeks got a Disney Visa too good to pass up!

Question for the WL experts! Booked WL for Christmas 2021 and had standard view last trip (2019) and had a castle view. I assume it was a dedicated standard view room as the smokehouse and laundry were right under us but we were on a high floor, which gave us awesome fireworks viewing! Standard view was sold out for my dates already so had to grab nature view. And yes, I agree, man this resort is getting pricey! My question is - would a nature view room give us a fireworks view (even partial) or no? I assume it's further down the wing but can't quite get a grip on if there is any possibility in same and hoping fireworks are back by Christmas 2021. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter