Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are going in October and were only able to snag a Boulder Ridge Studio. To be fair we could have booked a regular room but that was $700+ a night...definitely not in our budget. I feel grateful we were able to book 1) something in october 2) something at wilderness, but with all the talk of a refurb needed I am nervous about staying in BR. It is just my husband and I and the last time I stayed in the boulder ridge side was 2017. Any input?

(we booked cash via Disney because there was no DVC availability)

Seeing reports from some other resorts (Pop and YC/BC so far) that Disney has changed the self service drink/mug refill station procedure so that it's back to the pre-COVID self-service setup. Would appreciate any reports from Roaring Fork and Geyser Point from anyone there now/soon.

Thanks!

Last week in September, there is nothing available. So sad!! Normally, that's a great time to go.

It's our first time staying at WL this June and we'll be spending 3 days at Universal first. I'd love some feedback on what you'd do/or have done on the day you arrive at WL if it's early in the day? We are planning to get up early and check out from our Universal resort and uber over to WL. We have a park reservation at MK for that day. The question is - do we drop our bags and go to the park. Then come back mid or late afternoon and have dinner at the resort and spend some time at the pool. And maybe even go back to MK if they are open late. Or do we get to the resort early, have breakfast, check out the resort, swim then and time it so we are done swimming when the room is ready and then go to MK for the evening? We keep going back and forth and it seems easier to just drop our bags and go into MK but it will also be about the time it's getting pretty busy. Just not sure if it makes sense to enjoy the resort first and go later. I'm also not crazy about trying to change into suits, etc... in a random bathroom.

It's our first time staying at WL this June and we'll be spending 3 days at Universal first. I'd love some feedback on what you'd do/or have done on the day you arrive at WL if it's early in the day? We are planning to get up early and check out from our Universal resort and uber over to WL. We have a park reservation at MK for that day. The question is - do we drop our bags and go to the park. Then come back mid or late afternoon and have dinner at the resort and spend some time at the pool. And maybe even go back to MK if they are open late. Or do we get to the resort early, have breakfast, check out the resort, swim then and time it so we are done swimming when the room is ready and then go to MK for the evening? We keep going back and forth and it seems easier to just drop our bags and go into MK but it will also be about the time it's getting pretty busy. Just not sure if it makes sense to enjoy the resort first and go later. I'm also not crazy about trying to change into suits, etc... in a random bathroom.
We were at WL in March.

Based on what you describe, especially in June, and especially since you've just been running around at Universal, I would:
  1. Pack a bag with bathing suits and leave the rest of the bags at the front with Bell Services.
  2. Explore the hotel a bit and have a simple breakfast at Roaring Fork.
  3. Change into your bathing suits and hang out all day at the pool.
  4. Have a late lunch outside at Geyser Point. (Reservations not accepted.)
  5. Head to your room as soon as it's ready and call Bell Services to have your luggage delivered.
  6. Take the boat to the Magic Kingdom.
  7. Enjoy!

Last edited:

I was going to say what @Nabas said. Glad they typed it all out so I don’t have to! Lol.

Enjoy your trip!

Seeing reports from some other resorts (Pop and YC/BC so far) that Disney has changed the self service drink/mug refill station procedure so that it's back to the pre-COVID self-service setup. Would appreciate any reports from Roaring Fork and Geyser Point from anyone there now/soon.

Thanks!
I’m curious as well. The last time I was there they had a line of tables blocking access to the drink fountain at Roaring Fork.

Thanks!

I’m curious as well. The last time I was there they had a line of tables blocking access to the drink fountain at Roaring Fork.

They are offering Self Serve at Roaring Fork! From AllEars.com...

When we stopped over at the Roaring Fork in Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge this morning, we noticed that they have brought back self-serve drink stations. So, now guests can take their cup and fill their own drinks at the station

Any news on the Geyser Point quick service window being open? Now that there is a mobile order option, wouldn’t it be easier to have the window open rather than getting food from the bartender?

Any news on the Geyser Point quick service window being open? Now that there is a mobile order option, wouldn’t it be easier to have the window open rather than getting food from the bartender?

I sure hope so. And that the drink refill window is open. That setup had started to create such a log jam of unnecessary people in line for the bar, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter