Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at WL in March.

Based on what you describe, especially in June, and especially since you've just been running around at Universal, I would:
  1. Pack a bag with bathing suits and leave the rest of the bags at the front with Bell Services.
  2. Explore the hotel a bit and have a simple breakfast at Roaring Fork.
  3. Change into your bathing suits and hang out all day at the pool.
  4. Have a late lunch outside at Geyser Point. (Reservations not accepted.)
  5. Head to your room as soon as it's ready and call Bell Services to have your luggage delivered.
  6. Take the boat to the Magic Kingdom.
  7. Enjoy!
View attachment 569715

View attachment 569716

View attachment 569717

View attachment 569718

View attachment 569719

View attachment 569720

View attachment 569723

View attachment 569724

View attachment 569725

View attachment 569726

Thank you!! Love your plan and the pictures!

We are going in October and were only able to snag a Boulder Ridge Studio. To be fair we could have booked a regular room but that was $700+ a night...definitely not in our budget. I feel grateful we were able to book 1) something in october 2) something at wilderness, but with all the talk of a refurb needed I am nervous about staying in BR. It is just my husband and I and the last time I stayed in the boulder ridge side was 2017. Any input?

(we booked cash via Disney because there was no DVC availability)
We stayed in a 2BR at BRV in March and loved it. I have never stayed at CC and, yes, the pictures of those rooms look very nice and certainly more updated. But we were very happy at BRV. What’s not to love, we were at WL!!!

Boulder Ridge is our favorite resort. We love Wilderness Lodge and all it has to offer. We love the location of Boulder Ridge. We go to WDW just about every year. In fact, we are going in early June this year. I recommend a Bay view so you and your family can see Bay Lake and the electrical water pageant. It is one of our favorite things at Disney. It is like putting on an old very comfortable bath robe. Okay that is a terrible analogy, but I think you see where I was trying to go there. Also the pool and the lake is just a great view. If you want to try to see the fireworks, you can go to the viewing locations for that.

It's our first time staying at WL this June and we'll be spending 3 days at Universal first. I'd love some feedback on what you'd do/or have done on the day you arrive at WL if it's early in the day? We are planning to get up early and check out from our Universal resort and uber over to WL. We have a park reservation at MK for that day. The question is - do we drop our bags and go to the park. Then come back mid or late afternoon and have dinner at the resort and spend some time at the pool. And maybe even go back to MK if they are open late. Or do we get to the resort early, have breakfast, check out the resort, swim then and time it so we are done swimming when the room is ready and then go to MK for the evening? We keep going back and forth and it seems easier to just drop our bags and go into MK but it will also be about the time it's getting pretty busy. Just not sure if it makes sense to enjoy the resort first and go later. I'm also not crazy about trying to change into suits, etc... in a random bathroom.
We have been debating on the same thing. We are staying at CBR before we switch to WL. So we decided to rope drop AK and head back to WL around check in and spend the rest of the day there. Swim and maybe dinner from Geyser Point and watch the electrical water parade.

We will be at Copper Creek for one week. Do we get daily housekeeping? Is there a place to discard rubbish on your own?
Thanks.

We will be at Copper Creek for one week. Do we get daily housekeeping? Is there a place to discard rubbish on your own?
Thanks.
I haven't checked this, but I am pretty sure of the info. I believe they do light housekeeping every other day (wipe down the commonly used areas, empty the trash, swap out the towels, etc.

With CC/BRV, it depends on if you are staying on points (your own or renting) or via a cash reservation through Disney. If cash, the first part of the below applies. If points, the first bullet in the “Please Note That” section applies.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Housekeeping
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:

• High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:

• Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

Please note that:

• If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
  • If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
  • We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Learn more about housekeeping service.

We will be at Copper Creek for one week.... Is there a place to discard rubbish on your own?

That's an interesting question. I stayed at Copper Creek (on DVC points) in 2018. I could not find the trash room. I went down to the front desk to ask where the trash room was, and they refused to tell me. They kept saying that I should call housekeeping and they would come to get my trash.

Deluxe room pros and cons? You get club level amenities, correct? But they are not on the 7th floor? We would be traveling as a family of four with two small children.

Yes there are 10 Deluxe rooms at the WL on Floors. 1-6. They are all located at the very end of the hallway overlooking Bay Lake and the boat dock.

In the past these rooms included CL access. You have to go down the hallway and up stairs or use the elevators near the Roaring Fork section or walk all the way back to the main lobby and taking one of the elevators.

Dave

Deluxe room pros and cons? You get club level amenities, correct? But they are not on the 7th floor? We would be traveling as a family of four with two small children.

Define small? Like still in cribs/pack n plays? Or in beds?

I’m curious to see how those rooms feel with the new renovations.

While the extra SF of those rooms is certainly nice (don’t get me wrong), I was a little disappointed in overall feel/functionality. WL rooms were just designed to be a little tighter/smaller everywhere. Things in the Deluxe Rooms felt sort of crammed in and the furniture style was too big/bulky for the actual space.

That end of the building has a lot of trees between the building and water. Views will vary based on floor but many rooms will have views with more trees than lake, or just slivers of lake between trees.

The trip to the lounge is in the 2-3 minute range depending on walking speed. That works for us, but it’s not so convenient for “quick trips” to the lounge or a lot of back/forth.

The pics of the renovated rooms online sure do look nice!

Happy to answer any questions!

Define small? Like still in cribs/pack n plays? Or in beds?

I’m curious to see how those rooms feel with the new renovations.

While the extra SF of those rooms is certainly nice (don’t get me wrong), I was a little disappointed in overall feel/functionality. WL rooms were just designed to be a little tighter/smaller everywhere. Things in the Deluxe Rooms felt sort of crammed in and the furniture style was too big/bulky for the actual space.

That end of the building has a lot of trees between the building and water. Views will vary based on floor but many rooms will have views with more trees than lake, or just slivers of lake between trees.

The trip to the lounge is in the 2-3 minute range depending on walking speed. That works for us, but it’s not so convenient for “quick trips” to the lounge or a lot of back/forth.

The pics of the renovated rooms online sure do look nice!

Happy to answer any questions!

Baby and 6 year old.

Did the layout change in the renovation? Watching sone walk through videos of the old rooms and the layout seems odd/choppy.

We would be interested in the room for a separate sleeping space for the baby who will be one on the trip. We stayed in a Poly studio when our oldest was 2 and that extra bathroom was great to put the pack n play in for him.

Baby and 6 year old.

Did the layout change in the renovation? Watching some walk through videos of the old rooms and the layout seems odd/choppy.

We would be interested in the room for a separate sleeping space for the baby who will be one on the trip. We stayed in a Poly studio when our oldest was 2 and that extra bathroom was great to put the pack n play in for him.
We really won't know if they changed the layout of the deluxe rooms until they reopen the lodge in June. I tried to look into the deluxe rooms when we walked past them during remodeling earlier this year, but it was had to tell exactly what they were doing. But if the layout is the same, then it would be easy to put the baby in the sitting area of the room. You can avoid walking past that area if the access to the bedroom is still through the bathroom.

I have a question about transportation between Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. We have 1:00 pm reservations at WCC on one of our Magic Kingdom days in late May. What would be the best way to get to the Wilderness Lodge? Is the boat currently running or would we be better off taking the bus? One member of our party will be on a scooter. We plan to leave the park at 11:30, I think that will allow enough time for travel. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Yes to resort launch to the WL should be the easiest and stress free way to get to the WL for WCC at 1 PM. if you exit the park at 11:30 AM and not just begin heading toward the water transportation from the back of the park.

Just a quick note that they may alternate boats in the cycle from MK to WL so you may have to wait for the larger boat that have direct scooter drive-on access the boats may be alternating on the loop to WL.

Dave

Yes to resort launch to the WL should be the easiest and stress free way to get to the WL for WCC at 1 PM. if you exit the park at 11:30 AM and not just begin heading toward the water transportation from the back of the park.

Just a quick note that they may alternate boats in the cycle from MK to WL so you may have to wait for the larger boat that have direct scooter drive-on access the boats may be alternating on the loop to WL.

Dave
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter