Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly considering changing our AOA Nemo Suite to WL. This trip we will be adding two small boys (5/2) to our normal 3 adult trip. Any recommendations on which room type? We would need 3 beds and have room for a stroller, etc. Of course, our preference would be one separate bedroom and possibly 2 bathrooms but 1 will do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Thanks for this! I'm glad to see what a King room looks like as previously I was only able to find 2 Queens - and I've got a King room booked.

Yeah, that King layout looks nice. My only small gripe about WL rooms is how small they are… but with just a King it looks (at least in pics) a lot more livable.

I've also posted this on the disAbilities thread. Does anyone know anything about the two queen, wheelchair accessible rooms with a tub, or have pictures? We have a standard club level room booked, and my 94 year old mom will be using a wheelchair to get around, but she can walk. I called WDW and asked if any of the standard club level rooms had either a walk-in shower, or hand rails for the tub, and it was suggested I book the wheelchair accessible room with tub. We can't book a king room with walk-in shower, because there are three adults traveling. Also, anyone know which rooms these might be on the 7th floor?
Thanks for any info.

Edited to add that I did see a picture of the bathroom with the tub rails. SueM was good enough to post a picture.

Last edited:

Our flight was just changed to a late time of day- if we use the pool on checkout day, are there shower facilities by the pool? Or does anyone know if there is an option for a later checkout?(besides booking another full night)(would be willing to pay for it)

Our flight was just changed to a late time of day- if we use the pool on checkout day, are there shower facilities by the pool? Or does anyone know if there is an option for a later checkout?(besides booking another full night)(would be willing to pay for it)
There are very nice showers in the restrooms at the leisure pool. They have been closed during the Covid restrictions but should open eventually. You can request a late check out but I think the latest they will give you is 1pm. Keep in mind that they don't always grant late check out. :)

I just wanted to add that if the actual shower facilities are still closed, there are showers directly next to the pool, like the type found at the beach for rinsing off sand. My daughter and I used this to rinse off after swimming on our last day before changing in the restroom. Not ideal; we would have preferred a real shower, but it worked well enough that at least we didn’t smell like a swimming pool on our 4.5 hour flight home.

Let the magic begin! I just got a call regarding my Friday trip. They are “having some issues” and have no rooms available at Copper Creek in my category. So they asked if it’s ok to move me to a junior suite in Wilderness Lodge proper!

Is it ever! I’m not DVC and only took Copper Creek because the lodge wasn’t yet open when I made my reservation. So excited!

Possibly considering changing our AOA Nemo Suite to WL. This trip we will be adding two small boys (5/2) to our normal 3 adult trip. Any recommendations on which room type? We would need 3 beds and have room for a stroller, etc. Of course, our preference would be one separate bedroom and possibly 2 bathrooms but 1 will do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Not sure what your budget is, but you could look at the Deluxe rooms at WL! They're much bigger and sleep 6 people.

Let the magic begin! I just got a call regarding my Friday trip. They are “having some issues” and have no rooms available at Copper Creek in my category. So they asked if it’s ok to move me to a junior suite in Wilderness Lodge proper!

Is it ever! I’m not DVC and only took Copper Creek because the lodge wasn’t yet open when I made my reservation. So excited!
Very interesting. Any sense what those issues are? Simply overbooked? We check in to Copper Creek for 8 nights on Sunday (cash booking through Disney). I know a certain amount of DVC rooms are held back for cash, but seems dicey given the current state of resort occupancy, demand and surplus DVC points.

Last edited:
Not sure what your budget is, but you could look at the Deluxe rooms at WL! They're much bigger and sleep 6 people.
Just a quick note there are only 10 Deluxe rooms at the WL. on Floors 1 - 5. They are all at the end of the north wing of the lodge and overlook Bay lake.

They also offer CL access service normally but CL services have not returned currently.

Dave

We arrive this Saturday! Is there anything I should know about the mobile ordering at the indoor/outdoor quick service?

Just got back a couple of days ago. My impressions:

We had rooms 1030 and 1032. Connecting. The best rooms and the worst, all at the same time. These rooms are located straight down the ramp from Roaring Fork. So, convenient. And noisy. I always request AWAY from the elevators, but it couldn't be helped this time. It certainly didn't destroy our stay (but I'm still always amazed at people who scream in the hallways and talk super loud at 11pm).

Really no complaints other than one: mobile ordering. I'm okay with it being an alternative to waiting in line, etc., but not a fan when it is the only way to order. Other than photos, I don't like having my head buried in my phone all day long, so this just isn't for me. And sometimes I just like to stroll to a quick serve and pick up a snack, not having to click a million and one buttons to purchase everything. I really hate it. I understand the original reasons for it, but it doesn't make sense anymore. If you don't have a phone attached to you at your hip, you don't eat. I did speak to Guest Services about this (had a wonderful conversation with them) and they are hearing more and more complaints about this. So, it is noticed by not just me. Also, the quick service menus need to be expanded...not enough choices. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon, if ever.

The rooms are beautiful and the beds are super comfortable (I know one poster said they were too firm, but I did not find that to be case). The shower is great with the waterfall rain head. Plenty of storage and space, etc., for us. Myself and my granddaughter were in the room.

Interesting side note: our two rooms were different! My room had a separate toilet closet with a sliding door, and then the sink (one sink) and shower together in the other portion of the bathroom. My daughter's room had a shower/toilet combo with sliding door, and their double sink was outside of that. I concluded that it was because of a structural beam that ran near the closets and thus couldn't be helped, or maybe they were trying out different sink ideas. Anyway, I actually like my bathroom better because of the private toilet area.

The geode night light is pretty.

Conclusion: yes, I would stay here again and plan to on many more visits. :)

new updates are really nice. just be sure to NOT GET a basement - no window room. They are terrible and at that price it is incredible that they put people in these basement rooms. Felicia

new updates are really nice. just be sure to NOT GET a basement - no window room. They are terrible and at that price it is incredible that they put people in these basement rooms. Felicia
Basement room? I've never heard of these before. Where are they?

they are on the ground floor at WL toward the back cant even see them form the front entrance but they do have a corridor out the back to where the pools are - no windows - room is fine but at that price w/ no view in a basement - terrible

they are on the ground floor at WL toward the back cant even see them form the front entrance but they do have a corridor out the back to where the pools are - no windows - room is fine but at that price w/ no view in a basement - terrible

Oh, wow. Hope I never get that room! The room should be half price! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter