• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming back from Epcot, is it easiest to take a bus or use the monorail?
Definitely the bus. You could take the monorail but it’s not a direct trip. You would have to take the Epcot monorail to the TTC, then switch to the MK monorail, once there, take the boat back to the WL.

Anyone that has stayed here recently remember if they have smart TVs in the rooms yet?

Anyone that has stayed here recently remember if they have smart TVs in the rooms yet?
Was in a BR one bedroom about a week ago and I do not think either of the two TV's were smart TV's. However, BR has not been updated in a while. You could bring a Fire Stick or Roku. The Wi-fi signal in the room was non-existent when we arrived, I called the FD and they were able to connect me to an IT desk that was able to fix it. So yes, Disney IT can fix some things! :)

We just left today and I never looked at the tv at all sorry. I will say I was surprised they had Keurig coffee makers in the regular rooms. I figured they would be the ones that have the pillow type pods. We did have a great stay there. Bus to and from Epcot was very slow - only thing even remotely wrong with the whole trip there. We really enjoyed the hotel

We will have an ECV during our stay this weekend just wondering whether we need to request a first floor room to avoid needing an elevator I have seen some rooms down that hallway across from Bell services counter and gift shop...

We will have an ECV during our stay this weekend just wondering whether we need to request a first floor room to avoid needing an elevator I have seen some rooms down that hallway across from Bell services counter and gift shop...
Wilderness lodge is tricky because the lobby is technically the second floor (i think). There is actually a wing of first floor rooms that require going up in the elevator to get to the lobby. We stayed in a studio on the first floor and hated it. The only convenience was the little side door out to the bus loop, but that would only apply to the studios, not the hotel side.

You are going to need the elevator no matter what floor you are on with the way the Wilderness Lodge is built. :)

Does anyone know of standard rooms have a tub in the bathroom? I know from looking at pictures some did not. I haven’t booked my trip yet so I am not sure if that is an option to choose when booking for those that may have done so already? Or is it best to call the call center and ask them to note my account requesting a tub. Thanks

HI

Not sure about first floor rooms, finally staying back at WL after years of GF (my two favorites) but I will tell you that there is handicap accessible rooms. At least in the GF, but I am sure its WDW wide....There are walking showers instead on step in, now that the rooms have be refurb I am sure if that matters, but the door ways are wider and the bathrooms are set up with more space. Definitely worth calling to ask about. Good Luck

It depends on which side of the WL you are staying. The rooms you mentioned that are past the Mercantile store are all CCV DVC units. What type of room do you have?

Only the north wing is still regular resort rooms. For the regular resort rooms there is a ramp built into the architecture just past WCC that takes everyone down to the first floor rooms, pool, boat dock and Geyser point.

Dave

It depends on which side of the WL you are staying. The rooms you mentioned that are past the Mercantile store are all CCV DVC units. What type of room do you have?

Only the north wing is still regular resort rooms. For the regular resort rooms there is a ramp built into the architecture just past WCC that takes everyone down to the first floor rooms, pool, boat dock and Geyser point.

Dave
CCV studio

Then you should request a 2nd floor Studio as they would be located on the lobby level past the Mercantile store . Are you a DVC owner, renting points or a WDW Cash reservation?

DVC owner or points rental you need to make a request to Member Service. If you are renting points you need the points owner to make the request. If you have a Cash reservation you need to call 407-824-3200 it is a Disney call center number for the WL and can help with room requests within 9 days of arrival.

Not sure how successful you will be this close to arrival date with any of the options above.

Dave

4th or 5th floors for views
2nd floor is lobby level
IMHO all CCV rooms are nice. For my family, we prefer the 2nd floor because it is on the same level as the lobby (I have a family member who doesn't like riding in elevators). You may prefer a higher floor. Touring Plans Room Finder may help if you're looking for a particular room view. I believe simple room requests are best, better odds of being fulfilled.

What would you request for a CCV studio room? I have no idea what area to request.
There are basically two views for CCV, courtyard or leisure pool. The rooms located closest to Bay Lake might have some sideways views of the lake. Some of the rooms on the upper floors of the courtyard view rooms could have a partial fireworks view. We find the courtyard to be noisy but it can have nice views. :)

4th or 5th floors for views
2nd floor is lobby level
IMHO all CCV rooms are nice. For my family, we prefer the 2nd floor because it is on the same level as the lobby (I have a family member who doesn't like riding in elevators). You may prefer a higher floor. Touring Plans Room Finder may help if you're looking for a particular room view. I believe simple room requests are best, better odds of being fulfilled.
2nd floor may be nice! It will be during Christmas season and will like enjoying the lobby decorations.

We'll be doing a short stay at WL in mid Oct. We have tickets for Epcot, but not MK.

Aside from our balcony, is there any public place at WL that's best for viewing the MK fireworks?

And also, if we were to take the boat from WL to the MK dock, then walk up to the area before the entrance (past the monorail tracks) is that a decent place to watch the MK fireworks if you're not entering the park?

And also, if we were to take the boat from WL to the MK dock, then walk up to the area before the entrance (past the monorail tracks) is that a decent place to watch the MK fireworks if you're not entering the park?
You might see the very high fireworks, but the train station would block your view of lower ones since you can't even see the castle spires from there. I'd recommend boat to MK then ferry or monorail to the TTC to watch the fireworks from the ferry dock. You can't see the detailed projections on the castle, but you can see the castle itself as well as the fireworks, and the audio is piped in. Check out this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-you-see-mk-fireworks-from-ttc.3568910/

You might see the very high fireworks, but the train station would block your view of lower ones since you can't even see the castle spires from there. I'd recommend boat to MK then ferry or monorail to the TTC to watch the fireworks from the ferry dock. You can't see the detailed projections on the castle, but you can see the castle itself as well as the fireworks, and the audio is piped in. Check out this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-you-see-mk-fireworks-from-ttc.3568910/
Thanks for the info, may try this on our next trip 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter