Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have rollaway beds or cribs at WL? On the hotel side.
It’s been awhile, but their policy used to be if the room had 2 beds, then no rollaway was allowed. If a king, they did allow it with a nightly charge. I believe they have pack & plays. Things may have changed, I’d call the hotel. We were there in August in a 1BR, there were 4 of us but my teenagers won’t share a bed. We had an air mattress shipped to the hotel and gave it to friends when we left!

Last edited:
Ok thanks. An air mattress may be the best bet. Odd that it let me book the room. We have 2 adults and 3 kids, the youngest is 2.

We are staying at Boulder Ridge in a few weeks and I need to get in a 6 mile training run one morning. I know the trail to Fort Wilderness is closed but what about busses/boats early in the morning? I’m looking to get up and running at sunrise if anyone has some suggestions

We are staying at Boulder Ridge in a few weeks and I need to get in a 6 mile training run one morning. I know the trail to Fort Wilderness is closed but what about busses/boats early in the morning? I’m looking to get up and running at sunrise if anyone has some suggestions
You could take the bus to Fort Wilderness and run on their paths. The Ft Wilderness bus goes to the Settlement depot. I don't know what time the bus starts running, but it takes people to breakfast at Trail's End, so it would be running for that. I've seen the Ft W bus early, at the same time they are running buses to MK. There is a bus that goes back to WL from the Settlement depot that runs on a regular schedule, so it will be easy to get back to WL after your run. :)

I was hoping to eat at Steakhouse 71. If there is no boat to there I may just forget about it.
What other ways are there to get there? We don’t use Uber or any service like that when we don’t have to.

We are staying at WL last week of October and made a Trail's End Dinner reservation one of our nights. Is there a boat currently to Ft Wilderness (I know Trail's end is much closer to the boat launch than to the parking lot/bus depot.)

We have a rental car if we need to drive there. All of us are used to walking a ton. If the boat isn't available between resorts, what is the walk like from the parking lot at the Fort to Trail's End. I'd prefer walking over waiting for a bus.

We are staying at WL last week of October and made a Trail's End Dinner reservation one of our nights. Is there a boat currently to Ft Wilderness (I know Trail's end is much closer to the boat launch than to the parking lot/bus depot.)

We have a rental car if we need to drive there. All of us are used to walking a ton. If the boat isn't available between resorts, what is the walk like from the parking lot at the Fort to Trail's End. I'd prefer walking over waiting for a bus.
The boat between the resorts is not running. There is a bus that would take your directly from WL to the Fort. It drops off a short walk from trails end.

If you drive yourself and park in the lot at the outpost, it is about a mile from there to trails end. The busses run frequently and would be quicker than walking from the parking lot.

The boat between the resorts is not running. There is a bus that would take your directly from WL to the Fort. It drops off a short walk from trails end.

If you drive yourself and park in the lot at the outpost, it is about a mile from there to trails end. The busses run frequently and would be quicker than walking from the parking lot.

Thank you! I had assumed the bus stopped at the same parking lot as if we drove. Glad to know we can just take the resort bus to get us closer. Very helpful info!

I was hoping to eat at Steakhouse 71. If there is no boat to there I may just forget about it.
What other ways are there to get there? We don’t use Uber or any service like that when we don’t have to.
You can take the boat over to MK and walk to The Contemporary! It’s such a short walk from there! Enjoy!
It would be a shorter walk to the Contemporary from the bus depot than from the boat dock. :)

Which reminds me - the WL and FW boats are once again using the boat dock that is closest to the MK entry, the dock they used for years, instead of the boat dock that is closest to the GF walkway, which they were using in May. The boat dock that is closest to the GF path in used for the Poly/GF boat, which makes sense. :)

It would be a shorter walk to the Contemporary from the bus depot than from the boat dock. :)

Which reminds me - the WL and FW boats are once again using the boat dock that is closest to the MK entry, the dock they used for years, instead of the boat dock that is closest to the GF walkway, which they were using in May. The boat dock that is closest to the GF path in used for the Poly/GF boat, which makes sense. :)

Thanks for the alternative option! I do not utilize the busses, so I could only offer my suggestion for the boats! 🙂

One more question as we are only a few weeks from our trip!
If we purchased a birthday balloon and basket from Disney for our room: At the current time do we have to pick that up from the front desk OR is it waiting in the room OR do they deliver them to the room while we are there? We are staying at BRV.

One more question as we are only a few weeks from our trip!
If we purchased a birthday balloon and basket from Disney for our room: At the current time do we have to pick that up from the front desk OR is it waiting in the room OR do they deliver them to the room while we are there? We are staying at BRV.
Question — where do you order birthday balloons?

Question — where do you order birthday balloons?
My mother-in-law ordered them when paying her room package balance but they are under "Disney Floral and Gifts" on the WDW website. They were in a "magical extras" email that we got few weeks ago. I just wasn't sure how we obtain them once at the hotel.

When they did the room renovations at WL, did those with existing reservations get moved to another resort, WL DVC, or were they in enough rotation that they just ended up in a coin toss of a finished room vs a refurbed one? Looking ahead and finding my 5th sleeper room options a little narrow. WL/BRV is on the bucket list, but curious about how things have gone in the past with refurb situations. There are other factors at play, but feeling the need to do a little planning/research. :)

When they did the room renovations at WL, did those with existing reservations get moved to another resort, WL DVC, or were they in enough rotation that they just ended up in a coin toss of a finished room vs a refurbed one? Looking ahead and finding my 5th sleeper room options a little narrow. WL/BRV is on the bucket list, but curious about how things have gone in the past with refurb situations. There are other factors at play, but feeling the need to do a little planning/research. :)
5th sleeper options are limited to the 12 deluxe rooms and a very expensive vp suite at the Wilderness Lodge. So you are probably looking at BRV's for a 5th sleeper. The way refurbishments at resorts are done are varied and depends on what is being done. I think that the WL began to remodel the rooms on the 7th floor first while leaving the rest of the resort open. Then the pandemic closed the WL and they were able to remodel all the remaining rooms before the resort reopened in June. So it was a unique situation.

As far as BRV, I don't think anyone knows whether they will close the entire building or if they will just work on one section at a time, leaving the remaining rooms open. But if you have an existing reservation then they will contact you if they need to move you to a different resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter