Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a split stay starting at CBR this Friday and moving to WL next Wednesday. Of course, something we needed for a week from Saturday while on vacation isn’t going to be delivered until this Friday after we leave home. If I have my mom ship it to WL will they be able to contact us to let us know it’s arrived? I can put it on the envelope that our check in day is 11/9.

Trying to figure out a room request for WL courtyard room. Do any of the rooms close to the lobby have a view of the lake? Also do all the courtyard rooms have that enclosed balcony on the 6th floor? We don’t want those.

Trying to figure out a room request for WL courtyard room. Do any of the rooms close to the lobby have a view of the lake? Also do all the courtyard rooms have that enclosed balcony on the 6th floor? We don’t want those.
All of the courtyard rooms have some amount of lake view, but the closer to the lobby you are, the less of the lake you can see. Some rooms might have a tree or bushes in the way. The 6th floor rooms that are in the section that is closest to the lobby have an open balcony while the 6th floor rooms in the section that is closest to the lake have an enclosed balcony.

I hate the enclosed (dormer) balconies, so I always request an open balcony. So far, they have always granted my request. :)

All of the courtyard rooms have some amount of lake view, but the closer to the lobby you are, the less of the lake you can see. Some rooms might have a tree or bushes in the way. The 6th floor rooms that are in the section that is closest to the lobby have an open balcony while the 6th floor rooms in the section that is closest to the lake have an enclosed balcony.

I hate the enclosed (dormer) balconies, so I always request an open balcony. So far, they have always granted my request. :)
Thank you for the information.

Has WL been accepting Touring Plans room requests? Just wondered if anyone has gotten their request sent by them?
Got my room request added on Touring Plans hoping they do see it.

We have a split stay starting at CBR this Friday and moving to WL next Wednesday. Of course, something we needed for a week from Saturday while on vacation isn’t going to be delivered until this Friday after we leave home. If I have my mom ship it to WL will they be able to contact us to let us know it’s arrived? I can put it on the envelope that our check in day is 11/9.
I had several things shipped there and they gave them to me at check-in (I just asked).

Also wondering this! We arrive on Saturday! Hoping the tree is up before we leave on the 20th!
Anyone know if the tree and other decorations are up at WL? Today is. 11/10

In my past several Thanksgiving stays there, they weren’t up until the week of Thanksgiving. However, just did a quick search and it looks like last year they went up on November 12. In 2019, the Tree went up on 11/19 and they had a Gingerbread House that went up a few days prior. Supposedly, there is a lottery system which determines the order in which the resort decorations goes up. It seems as if holiday decorations are progressing a little quicker this year, so you guys might get lucky! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Last edited:
We'll be there Thanksgiving week, and made dining reservations at both FTW and CR thinking we'd enjoy a little boat ride to each dinner...but alas. Does anyone have an update if/when the boats will be running again to Ft. Wilderness and the Contemporary? Or any rumors on a return date? Thx.

We'll be there Thanksgiving week, and made dining reservations at both FTW and CR thinking we'd enjoy a little boat ride to each dinner...but alas. Does anyone have an update if/when the boats will be running again to Ft. Wilderness and the Contemporary? Or any rumors on a return date? Thx.
I haven't heard any rumors about the return of the resort boat. Many of us think that they won't bring back the resort boat until they reopen Hoop Dee Doo and Artist Point.

There is a bus to Fort Wilderness from the bus depot that stops at the Settlement Outpost. This bus is frequent and very convenient. :)

Last edited:
You can always take the boat to MK and then take the resort monorail to CR. That's what we did yesterday for Steakhous 71. You can also take the boat to MK and transfer to the boat to FW. Slightly time consuming, but not difficult.

You can always take the boat to MK and then take the resort monorail to CR. That's what we did yesterday for Steakhous 71. You can also take the boat to MK and transfer to the boat to FW. Slightly time consuming, but not difficult.
How long did it take to take the boat to MK then the monorail to CR? This is our plan.

How are the studios at Boulder Ridge now? Have any of them been refurbished or are they still dire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter