Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love all your photos. Am I the only one that can actually "smell" some of those photos? And I am in the minority, but I love the lodge lobby without Christmas decor. It wasn't quite the lodge on our trip with Christmas music playing, not Dances with Wolves, Silverado, Red Pony Suite etc. It made for great pics but my best memories are the lobby as seen your pictures.

Perhaps it was mentioned up above….is BR up for a refurb soon? We’re checking out today (had a lovely stay overall) and boy are the rooms (at least the studios) dated. And whoever installed the toilet paper holder must have thought everyone is a contortionist 🤣
BRV is supposed to be getting refurbished this year. But considering Poly DVC and VGF got bumped ahead, who knows. Test rooms have reportedly been dome, but I'd really like to see them get going on BRV in earnest, or at least before October when we will be there 😉

Hello! Did a quick search and see at the top of this thread that Christmas decorations typically go up at the lodge the week before Thanksgiving. Is that still the case, or is Disney pushing that up these days? We’re going 11/12-19 this year and would love to be there while it’s decorated. Thanks!

Hello! Did a quick search and see at the top of this thread that Christmas decorations typically go up at the lodge the week before Thanksgiving. Is that still the case, or is Disney pushing that up these days? We’re going 11/12-19 this year and would love to be there while it’s decorated. Thanks!

It will probably be mid-decoration that week. The first week of November they decorate the parks, and the next few weeks they do the resorts.

This past Christmas, the tree went up on 11/11. The year before was 11/12. In 2019, the Tree went up on 11/19. Looks favorable for your dates! Good luck and enjoy!

It will probably be mid-decoration that week. The first week of November they decorate the parks, and the next few weeks they do the resorts.
This past Christmas, the tree went up on 11/11. The year before was 11/12. In 2019, the Tree went up on 11/19. Looks favorable for your dates! Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you! Bucket list item to stay here during the holidays, so it’s great to see that there’s a decent chance of it this trip!

Thank you! Bucket list item to stay here during the holidays, so it’s great to see that there’s a decent chance of it this trip!
It would almost be even more magical if it went up during your stay! Imagine one day it was the normal beautiful lobby area, then the next day walking in and seeing it all decorated! I agree, you stand a good chance of seeing it in all its' Christmas glory during your stay.

Unfortunately the resorts are decorated via lottery and decorations can go up as late as Thanksgiving weekend. So it is possible it happens while you are there but it’s also possible you won’t see the decor at all.

Whats the closest grocery store to Wilderness lodge ?

We could insta cart food and drink, But I love going to grocery stores in different countries !

Whats the closest grocery store to Wilderness lodge ?

We could insta cart food and drink, But I love going to grocery stores in different countries !
A quick Google search for grocery stores near Wilderness Lodge turned up the Publix at 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, FL 34786 as being the closest, although there's a Target and a WinnDixie not too much farther. BTW Instacart shops at Publix, and it's our favorite grocery chain in the Orlando area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter