Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Thank you for the new thread! I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times but I'm having difficulty searching. Are the refrigerators in the standard rooms cold enough for milk and medicines or are they more like chillers for soda?

Thank you for the new thread! I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times but I'm having difficulty searching. Are the refrigerators in the standard rooms cold enough for milk and medicines or are they more like chillers for soda?
I've found that they are cold enough. We've even had things like grapes get a little icy.

The bus ride is approximately 15 minutes. The wait for the bus usually doesn't take more than about 15-20 minutes in the morning, but it could be more or less, depending on how lucky you are that morning. ;)
So do you recommend taking the bus to Epcot, rather than going to MK by the WL ferry and getting on the monorail to Epcot at the TTC? it sounds like the bus is quicker , especially if it’s for early entry?

So do you recommend taking the bus to Epcot, rather than going to MK by the WL ferry and getting on the monorail to Epcot at the TTC? it sounds like the bus is quicker , especially if it’s for early entry?
The bus is much quicker than taking three forms of Disney transportation. The boat is at least 12 minutes to MK. Then you go through bag check before getting on the monorail. Then you have to change to the Epcot monorail at TTC. It is a long trip that way. :)

Keep an eye on the bus schedule that is available on the MDE app when you are at the resort. Then show up earlier than the bus time. Sometimes unscheduled buses arrive, too.

Totally random question. We're staying at WL (for the first time!) in December. There is a cocktail I love at Storybook Dining (Evil to the Core). We are not dining there this trip, but I want this drink, lol! Does anyone know if any of the bars on-site would make this drink for me?! ha!

What special Christmas activities does WL usually have in December?
They used to have a Photopass photographer stationed by the lobby Christmas tree. I'm not sure if they are still doing that.
Totally random question. We're staying at WL (for the first time!) in December. There is a cocktail I love at Storybook Dining (Evil to the Core). We are not dining there this trip, but I want this drink, lol! Does anyone know if any of the bars on-site would make this drink for me?! ha!
The most likely place for the cocktail would be Territory Lounge, since that is the lounge attached to the restaurant. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone been lately? Trying to determine or best guess how consistent the WL buses are. We went in August at stayed at CSR - buses took forever... we ended up driving ourselves after one particularly long wait... not early morning... we were headed to park mid-day.

Has anyone been lately? Trying to determine or best guess how consistent the WL buses are. We went in August at stayed at CSR - buses took forever... we ended up driving ourselves after one particularly long wait... not early morning... we were headed to park mid-day.
We stayed at VWL twice in the past several months. Overall, bus service was about as good as any other deluxe resort. The one complaint we have is that buses at times share between VWL and either Contemporary or Fort Wilderness. One time the FW bus was the first stop, and there were several stops within the Fort. Completely unacceptable, our ride (just before Epcot closing) was SO long!!! FW has multiple stops, so this took a long time! We loved our stay, but the bus situation definitely makes us hesitate before booking.

We stayed at WL in late August and the bus service was very good. All the park buses went directly to the parks in the morning without stopping at any other resort. Epcot bus will share with FW later in the day but it usually only stops at the main bus depot.

How does one go about making an appointment at the salon before arrival? I don't see a phone number anywhere.

When we are there (in a month!), we plan to be at MK for early entry at 7:30 a.m. Two questions!
1. What time should we be down at the dock to catch the boat? We are not going to rope drop 7DMT so I don't feel the need to be at the head of the pack. We plan to head to Space during early entry and then be at Frontierland when it opens at 8:00 for Jingle Cruise/POTC.
2. Roaring Fork lists it's opening time as 7:00 a.m. Is there anywhere to get breakfast before heading to the park on that early morning? We typically drive and bring breakfast items with us, but this trip we fly in (and the night before).

1. The boat has been running an hour before the early entry time. The ride is approx 15 minutes, so I would be at the boat dock by 7am since you don't want to be super early.

2. Roaring Forks opens at 7 am and it is the only place that opens then. You can buy some things the night before at either Roaring Forks or the Mercantile. There are a lot of food items at the Mercantile because it is a DVC resort and the villas have kitchens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter