Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Is their still a boat that runs to the Contemporary Resort and what time does it start running.

The Blue Flag boat, the one that used to go between WL-FW-CR, has not returned since Covid reopening. Lots of rumors as to its ultimate fate, but I guess we’ll see. Personally I send a (politely negative) comment about this to Disney after every MK resort trip as for us it is sorely missed.

I don’t have many Disney hills to die on - change is inevitable, we go on, etc - but this is one of them. :-)

The Blue Flag boat, the one that used to go between WL-FW-CR, has not returned since Covid reopening. Lots of rumors as to its ultimate fate, but I guess we’ll see. Personally I send a (politely negative) comment about this to Disney after every MK resort trip as for us it is sorely missed.

I don’t have many Disney hills to die on - change is inevitable, we go on, etc - bit this is one of them. :-)
Thanks for the reply, I also loved riding on the Blue boat and visiting the Contemporary Resort and Fort Wilderness.

Hi experts--we plan to book a room at WL for a summer trip. Not DVC members, just looking at the website to book a standard room for 2 adults. They show a Boulder Ridge Villa studio for the exact same price as a Standard Lodge room. Is there a catch? We don't really need the extra space or amenities, but for the same price, the kitchenette would always be great. Also looks like the "view" described at the deluxe studio is better than the standard loge room.

I guess I'm puzzled how the villa is offered with the regular rooms. I thought that always involved renting point and extra hoops I don't want to deal with for a simple trip. Thoughts?

Hi experts--we plan to book a room at WL for a summer trip. Not DVC members, just looking at the website to book a standard room for 2 adults. They show a Boulder Ridge Villa studio for the exact same price as a Standard Lodge room. Is there a catch? We don't really need the extra space or amenities, but for the same price, the kitchenette would always be great. Also looks like the "view" described at the deluxe studio is better than the standard loge room.

I guess I'm puzzled how the villa is offered with the regular rooms. I thought that always involved renting point and extra hoops I don't want to deal with for a simple trip. Thoughts?
The Boulder Ridge studio will have one queen bed and a sofa sleeper. The WL room will have two queen beds.

You can book a DVC room through Disney that is treated like a regular resort room rather than a DVC points reservation. It is a cash reservation rather than a points reservation and has the same terms and conditions as any other WDW resort room.

I guess I'm puzzled how the villa is offered with the regular rooms.
Disney owns points too, and they rent them out via the WDW resorts reservation system. As above, it’s the same as paying cash for any other Disney resort room. The price might be higher than renting from a private DVC owner, but the payment and change/cancellation terms are usually much better.

Thanks, that helps. I booked the studio villa, seems like a nice deal. Better view, adds the microwave, space is good. I didn't see where to add requests--is there a place to request balcony rather than patio? Is there a thread that desrcibes preferable rooms/locations?

Thanks, that helps. I booked the studio villa, seems like a nice deal. Better view, adds the microwave, space is good. I didn't see where to add requests--is there a place to request balcony rather than patio? Is there a thread that desrcibes preferable rooms/locations?
The only time you’d get a patio is if you have a first floor room. Also, Boulder Ridge does not have rooms based on view categories, like the hotel section. You could be looking at dumpsters/laundry pick up area, woods, or the lake. There is no guarantee. It’s a building separate from the hotel, so it can be a walk to get to get main lobby area. You can use Touring Plans to see room locations. You can’t go wrong at the WL! Enjoy your stay!

We are staying at WL the last week of Nov. I was super excited because the lobby is my favorite for the holidays. Now, I have been reading all of the gingerbread house displays coming and treats available and no mention of WL. I have to say I am a little sad especially since I switched from GF to WL.

I know last year they had a small table set up with some treats(the few that I bought weren’t very good) I wish WL was getting the same love as the other deluxes. Even Jambo house seems like they will have much more and I always think AKL=to WL.

I do have a massage booked at GF, so I will load up on gingerbread treats there and come back to eat them by the fireplace I guess.

We are staying at WL the last week of Nov. I was super excited because the lobby is my favorite for the holidays. Now, I have been reading all of the gingerbread house displays coming and treats available and no mention of WL. I have to say I am a little sad especially since I switched from GF to WL.

I know last year they had a small table set up with some treats(the few that I bought weren’t very good) I wish WL was getting the same love as the other deluxes. Even Jambo house seems like they will have much more and I always think AKL=to WL.

I do have a massage booked at GF, so I will load up on gingerbread treats there and come back to eat them by the fireplace I guess.

I donno, I would take the calm serenity of the WL lobby, beautiful decorations, and arguably best tree of any WDW resort any day over the hustle and bustle that is the GF main lobby over the holiday period. I mean, the gingerbread house is cool and all, but it tends to attract a lot of people and it can be pretty busy at times. I like that places like GF are easily accessible... but when heading home for the night, I'd take WL.

Plus GF construction going on right now. If the GF work was done and all rooms renovated I'd feel a little more 50/50, but at the moment I lean WL.

Just my two cents!

I donno, I would take the calm serenity of the WL lobby, beautiful decorations, and arguably best tree of any WDW resort any day over the hustle and bustle that is the GF main lobby over the holiday period. I mean, the gingerbread house is cool and all, but it tends to attract a lot of people and it can be pretty busy at times. I like that places like GF are easily accessible... but when heading home for the night, I'd take WL.

Plus GF construction going on right now. If the GF work was done and all rooms renovated I'd feel a little more 50/50, but at the moment I lean WL.

Just my two cents!

This... definitely this... a little less hustle and bustle, a little more Christmas tree and fireplace. We have a brunch at GF on our Party day to make sure we get out and go see the gingerbread house, but plan on soaking up WL for most of our vacation.

Sadly I don't think WL has the same dedicated pastry team like the other deluxe resorts. Even pre-COVID CR was in charge of all the custom cakes for WL. All the other deluxe resorts seem to have one besides Poly (which also doesn't get a fancy holiday spread and was serviced by GF).

GF is my favorite for the holidays and my DVC home, but I agree with the other responses that it can be NUTS! My favorite part of staying at GF was looking at the gingerbread house and tree super early before the parks opened or very late after everything was closed and people went home. You can barely use the lobby elevator or access the monorail with the holiday crowds at times :eek:

You will not regret staying at WL! It has such a magical feel with the majestic lobby and large tree! To me the gingerbread houses are cool to see...once per trip...but the WL has an incredible lobby that is so fun to walk into after coming back from the parks.

You will not regret staying at WL! It has such a magical feel with the majestic lobby and large tree! To me the gingerbread houses are cool to see...once per trip...but the WL has an incredible lobby that is so fun to walk into after coming back from the parks.
I'm so excited - I can't stand it! It's been a tough bit since my dad passed away. Usually take 2-night trips - splurged on a little R&R for 4 nights... always wanted to stay at WL! I absolutely love the lobby, and so looking forward to the tree.

I'm so excited - I can't stand it! It's been a tough bit since my dad passed away. Usually take 2-night trips - splurged on a little R&R for 4 nights... always wanted to stay at WL! I absolutely love the lobby, and so looking forward to the tree.
Oh, how nice to have 4 nights away, and what a great place to go to let yourself relax a little. Sorry to hear about your dad. If you need a good place to sit, relax, and just be still for a little while, try the chairs just outside in the courtyard (not down by the pool). Or, there are chairs overlooking the lobby on higher floors. Hope this trip is just what you are needing!

I don’t have many Disney hills to die on - change is inevitable, we go on, etc - but this is one of them. :-)
Overheard a deck hand explaining that the boat service cost is shared by the reorts and the Contemporary doesn’t want to participate in the cost. Sort of makes sense with the short walk to MK…

Question - I would like to sign us up for the Mickey Tie Dye activity on arrival day. I know we have to pay for it, but how do I sign up in advance (we don't arrive until about an hour before time)? Is there a WL phone number I can call?

Question - I would like to sign us up for the Mickey Tie Dye activity on arrival day. I know we have to pay for it, but how do I sign up in advance (we don't arrive until about an hour before time)? Is there a WL phone number I can call?
They don't take reservations for tie-dye in advance (except on holidays when they have specialty tie-dye). Outside of holidays, it's walkup only, so you don't need to worry about it! Just show up at the activity when you arrive. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter