Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Hi all! Does Wilderness Lodge still have a bus that runs to Magic Kingdom? Last time I stayed, it was always faster to take the bus TO Magic Kingdom, but then we'd always take the boat back. Is that still a good idea?

Yes the WL has a bus to MK as well as the Resort boat(s) that run a loop between the WL and the MK.

The MK Bus normally takes about 5 minutes while the boat is a more leisure 15-18 minutes. You can also catch a bus from the WL to Ft. Wilderness so double check with the bus driver to confirm it's destination.

Dave

Yes the WL has a bus to MK as well as the Resort boat(s) that run a loop between the WL and the MK.

The MK Bus normally takes about 5 minutes while the boat is a more leisure 15-18 minutes. You can also catch a bus from the WL to Ft. Wilderness so double check with the bus driver to confirm it's destination.

Dave
I have two questions, how often does the bus run in the morning for early entry and does it go by Ft Wilderness before going to the parks in the morning.

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if they still give out free hidden mickey clue sheets at the resort? We used to like doing that, but I haven't seen it mentioned for a while. TIA!

I have wanted to stay here for years, and just booked a trip for August. Should I request a certain room location?

Hello all! I hope a WL expert can help. I have a cash reservation booked with Disney for Copper Creek Villa Deluxe Studio with walk in shower. On-line check-in only gives 2 options, close to lobby or close to transportation. What I want is a quite room. We LOVE the lodge! I enjoy the boat horn, but we do not like the noise of the main pool. We turned down an upgrade once because it overlooked the main pool and the afternoon noise was too much. SO, can anyone give me an idea which would be better to request, close to lobby or close to transportation?

Hello all! I hope a WL expert can help. I have a cash reservation booked with Disney for Copper Creek Villa Deluxe Studio with walk in shower. On-line check-in only gives 2 options, close to lobby or close to transportation. What I want is a quite room. We LOVE the lodge! I enjoy the boat horn, but we do not like the noise of the main pool. We turned down an upgrade once because it overlooked the main pool and the afternoon noise was too much. SO, can anyone give me an idea which would be better to request, close to lobby or close to transportation?
Thank you for posting this! I have the same question, except I really just want a decent view since we will for sure be using the balcony during naps/bedtime. Did you get offered an upgrade from this same room type? I'm kind of hoping that will happen for us :upsidedow

Thank you for posting this! I have the same question, except I really just want a decent view since we will for sure be using the balcony during naps/bedtime. Did you get offered an upgrade from this same room type? I'm kind of hoping that will happen for us :upsidedow
Our upgrade was years ago from a woods view to a pool view room. We always break from the parks in the afternoon so we like a quiet place to rest and chill before returning to the parks. They offered a ground floor room on the very end of the left arm of the resort facing the lake. It was perfect for us. We live in the country and having the trees around us makes the WL feel even more like home. I utilize the balcony so l am hoping for a nice view, but a quiet room is more important. I want DH to relax and enjoy himself for the few days we are down there and a quiet room will go a long way with that.

Since you have a cash reservation you can call Disney reservations and have them add a request for a quiet room to your reservation.
I have the same question, except I really just want a decent view since we will for sure be using the balcony during naps/bedtime.
I like to call reservations and have the request for a nice view added to our reservation. It sometimes yields really good results. :)

We just got back from our second stay at Wilderness Lodge. Booked a nature view and was placed in room 3026. We could see the fireworks at night from the balcony. Our room connected with my mom in 3028, which was our one request. It was close to the elevators which was nice for my mom. Our room was not ready when we arrived and I had indicated we would be there before 3 (it was about 345 when it was ready). In the pictures below, the balcony picture has a yellow shirt on our balcony.

My two sons loved the pool and the slide. We all loved the boat to MK. I did rent a car at MCO and used to drive to AK and Epcot. The first weekend we were there it was an runDisney weekend.

Crowds got better ans our 8 nights went on. Bought genie later in the trip and used it ant HS, Epcot (x2 days) and MK. Did take advantage of the deluxe hours for Epcot and MK. My oldest and I love guardians and we would have riden it the whole deluxe hours if that was an option.

Only wish was that Roaring Fork had a slightly larger variety of food. At least twice, I was missing an order of fries but since we ate right there, it was easy to correct.

9B51FE30-7D2E-412E-8BFD-D90CF2137EE8.jpeg689E5BB2-E418-49DE-A174-2C5088528443.jpegB014008A-B20D-4394-A71D-C330941CA41D.jpeg179C2FB8-56D8-4886-B0E7-66002ED4AD6E.jpegAC5E07E8-F946-4787-AF52-980763AE3E5D.jpegD3F1B657-0494-45AD-A7FD-853B684AC1A2.jpeg

Hi folks! Can anyone confirm if H2O products are still in the rooms (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion)? Hate to pack all of those items if it’s still available in the room. Thanks!

For a Copper Creek studio, the only upgrade would be to a 1BR, there are no view categories for the studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter