Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Someone may have answered this but I will be at WL January 5-8. Will the tree and Christmas decorations still be up?

Someone may have answered this but I will be at WL January 5-8. Will the tree and Christmas decorations still be up?
They usually start taking down the Christmas trees right after New Years Day. I wouldn't count on seeing the Christmas decorations during your stay. :(

I have a club level room booked for one night, Dec. 3. This is to take my almost 97 year old mom for a last hurrah. She is having some health issues now, and I would have to cancel today ( or tomorrow?) in order to not lose my money. I don't want to take this away from her, as she seems to be fading fast. Does anyone know, if she can't travel, can I modify the reservation the day before to another hotel, maybe in the spring? It's a lot of money to lose if that isn't possible. :sad1:
I think I will start a thread asking about this as well.

Edited to add that I found an older thread about this topic, and it looks like I should be able to modify within five days, so I don't lose the money.

Last edited:
I have a club level room booked for one night, Dec. 3. This is to take my almost 97 year old mom for a last hurrah. She is having some health issues now, and I would have to cancel today ( or tomorrow?) in order to not lose my money. I don't want to take this away from her, as she seems to be fading fast. Does anyone know, if she can't travel, can I modify the reservation the day before to another hotel, maybe in the spring? It's a lot of money to lose if that isn't possible. :sad1:

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and you are so thoughtful in wanting to provide her this opportunity. I wish I had an answer for you, but I'd say call Disney. Explain your situation. I can't imagine them not trying to work with you. Best of luck.

Edited to add that I found an older thread about this topic, and it looks like I should be able to modify within five days, so I don't lose the money.
Disney is not known for being harsh about these things, I would not worry. Actually, I don't even recall the last time we saw a report about someone forced to pay for a disney hotel room when they couldn't take their disney trip (Swolphin, yes but that is not run by Disney).

Disney is not known for being harsh about these things, I would not worry. Actually, I don't even recall the last time we saw a report about someone forced to pay for a disney hotel room when they couldn't take their disney trip (Swolphin, yes but that is not run by Disney).
I'm sorry to hear about your mother and you are so thoughtful in wanting to provide her this opportunity. I wish I had an answer for you, but I'd say call Disney. Explain your situation. I can't imagine them not trying to work with you. Best of luck.
Thank you both. I'm keeping the room, and hoping all goes well. We did this last year, and she loved it. I'm not taking it away from her, because I know this will be the last time.

I used to order their excellent Turkey sandwich but I just looked at the menu and the sandwich became some nonsense about peppercorn turkey and avocado purée 😞
I'm not really a turkey person but that smoked turkey sandwich was my go to at Geyser Point. I'll try the new version but my expectations are low.

Thank you both. I'm keeping the room, and hoping all goes well. We did this last year, and she loved it. I'm not taking it away from her, because I know this will be the last time.
I hope it all works out and you both have a wonderful time!

Hello all, I booked a reservation at WL resort view room for a week in January - Monday to Friday. Later I tried to modify the reservation to add one additional night at the beginning -Sunday- but couldn’t find availability. i ended up booking a separate reservation for Sunday one night at Boulder Ridge. This is not ideal as we would have to switch rooms.
I’ve been checking availability at WL since then and noticed they have a resort view room at the standard rack rate but it doesn’t show availability for just one night, it only shows available if booking it for a few nights.
Do you think there is any possibility of somehow getting Sunday night at WL in a resort view room? How would you do this? Keep checking the website to see if one night is available and book it separately? or keep checking the website and modify my existing Monday to Friday reservation and try to add one night to it?
I hope this question makes sense… Thanks! …

Do you think there is any possibility of somehow getting Sunday night at WL in a resort view room? How would you do this? Keep checking the website to see if one night is available and book it separately? or keep checking the website and modify my existing Monday to Friday reservation and try to add one night to it?
All of the above. :)

I would keep checking the website to see if you could add Sunday night to your existing reservation. You could also try to book a brand new reservation and cancel the original one. You could also try to change to WL instead of Boulder Ridge. You could call resort reservations and see if they could add the one night to your reservation.

Do you have a package reservation or resort only? It is easier to make last minute changes with a resort only than with a package reservation. There are often available rooms close to check in date, when people with packages tend to cancel before the 30 day due date.

Hello all, I booked a reservation at WL resort view room for a week in January - Monday to Friday. Later I tried to modify the reservation to add one additional night at the beginning -Sunday- but couldn’t find availability. i ended up booking a separate reservation for Sunday one night at Boulder Ridge. This is not ideal as we would have to switch rooms.
I’ve been checking availability at WL since then and noticed they have a resort view room at the standard rack rate but it doesn’t show availability for just one night, it only shows available if booking it for a few nights.
It's best to call Disney. They may be able to override any one night restrictions that could be in place. There are times when you won't be able to book a one night stay and the system may not recognize that you already have a reservation - Disney IT is not know for being terribly efficient.

Does the Wilderness lodge still have the walking trail to the campground? Last time we were there it was closed and there was some type of construction going on

Does the Wilderness lodge still have the walking trail to the campground? Last time we were there it was closed and there was some type of construction going on
The trail has been closed since before Covid and it is now all overgrown. You can see the old trail if you take the Ft Wilderness bus from the WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter