Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

So many people love Geyser Point and I still haven’t eaten there! I am a most of the time vegetarian. (Ate a little turkey on Thanksgiving, and will eat steak occasionally, especially at WDW)
What does everyone like to order?
Lately we have been ordering the crab cakes. The roasted salmon salad and shrimp on a wire are also very good. My beverage of choice is huckleberry punch. :goodvibes The desserts are nothing special in my opinion. The ambience is terrific and it can be very relaxing when it’s not too crowded. We have found later in the afternoon to be a quieter time (3:00 or so) to visit and we don’t feel as guilty lingering a bit.

Is there any type of walking/jogging path?
Sadly not a good path but there are paths around the main WL building that are quite in the morning if you don't mind extra loops in the parking lot. They used to a great path between the WL and FT Wilderness. However that great path was destroyer when they began to developed the new Reflections, A Disney lake side lodge..

Reflections was going to be a new bay side lake resort. It died during the Covid years and has not returned.. It may return if the Reflections resort ever gets back on the calendar some time in the future.

Dave

Is there any type of walking/jogging path?

As others have noted, you have to get creative. This was 6 miles. Don’t remember how many times I looped the building but it was a lot. This was also very early in the morning so I did a lot of back and forth in the parking lot. Pretty boring run unfortunately. :-(

IMG_1644.jpeg

All of the above. :)

I would keep checking the website to see if you could add Sunday night to your existing reservation. You could also try to book a brand new reservation and cancel the original one. You could also try to change to WL instead of Boulder Ridge. You could call resort reservations and see if they could add the one night to your reservation.

Do you have a package reservation or resort only? It is easier to make last minute changes with a resort only than with a package reservation. There are often available rooms close to check in date, when people with packages tend to cancel before the 30 day due date.
Thank you, all good ideas. I have a package for Monday to Friday but the boulder ridge reservation for one night is room only so I'll keep looking.

I called Disney but they didn't have any special insights other than what I found on the website. (The guy was super cheerful and wanted to know why I chose wilderness lodge, what was I most looking forward to, why didn't I add trip cancellation, did I want the photo package.. it irritated me.. I just wanted my one specific question investigated)

Hi Everyone,
If this is in the posts, I apologize for the redundancy. Can someone tell me the difference between "Standard View" and "Resort View". I assume water view is on the lake and pool, and Fireworks view speaks for itself.

TYSM!!!!

Hi Everyone,
If this is in the posts, I apologize for the redundancy. Can someone tell me the difference between "Standard View" and "Resort View". I assume water view is on the lake and pool, and Fireworks view speaks for itself.
I don't believe you can actually book a standard view anymore. Disney got rid of that category and combined rooms from the old standard view (parking lot, roof, A/C units - not so great views) and the rooms in the garden/woods view category into one, the new resort view. That view can be any of the above. For some, they will come out ahead (if you get a decent view), for others paying the same amount, they may get dumpsters. The standard view does show up on the WL booking page, but dates are not available.

I don't believe you can actually book a standard view anymore. Disney got rid of that category and combined rooms from the old standard view (parking lot, roof, A/C units - not so great views) and the rooms in the garden/woods view category into one, the new resort view. That view can be any of the above. For some, they will come out ahead (if you get a decent view), for others paying the same amount, they may get dumpsters. The standard view does show up on the WL booking page, but dates are not available.
Thank you so much for th copious reply!

Can someone suggest a good "resort view" that I can request through TP. TYIA!!
I always make a request for an open balcony when we stay at the WL. I hate the dormer balconies that are on the top floor. You have to stand to see out of them and it makes the room darker. I also like to request a nice view. :)

Can anyone there now post the resort activities calendar please? I checked the resort activity calendar thread and nothing on there for December. Also, if the Christmas week calendar posts that would be great too!

Thank you!

Hi all! I hope someone can answer this for me.

We are wanting to stay at BRV or CCV finally for our next stay, but I am very sensitive to scents (get migraines, hayfever reactions) and wondered if the rooms have any distinct pine/spruce or wood scents?

TIA!

Hi all! I hope someone can answer this for me.

We are wanting to stay at BRV or CCV finally for our next stay, but I am very sensitive to scents (get migraines, hayfever reactions) and wondered if the rooms have any distinct pine/spruce or wood scents?

TIA!
I’ve stayed at both and never noticed any scent in the room, especially not woodsy things. I am also very sensitive to scents- mostly perfumes or candles, and no issues at all. Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter