Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Hi all! I hope someone can answer this for me.

We are wanting to stay at BRV or CCV finally for our next stay, but I am very sensitive to scents (get migraines, hayfever reactions) and wondered if the rooms have any distinct pine/spruce or wood scents?

TIA!
They do use an artificial fragrance in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it has bothered me a lot when I've stayed in a room that opens directly onto the lobby, this can be on either the regular room side or on the side that was converted to Copper Creek . I have not had much of a problem when my room has been down a hallway a good walk from the lobby. The fragrance is not pumped into the individual rooms or villas, but it seeps into the rooms closest to the lobby to the point where our clothing will smell after returning home even after I launder everything.

I have never stayed at Boulder Ridge but I have visited that lobby and did not notice a fragrance.

They do use an artificial fragrance in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it has bothered me a lot when I've stayed in a room that opens directly onto the lobby, this can be on either the regular room side or on the side that was converted to Copper Creek . I have not had much of a problem when my room has been down a hallway a good walk from the lobby. The fragrance is not pumped into the individual rooms or villas, but it seeps into the rooms closest to the lobby to the point where our clothing will smell after returning home even after I launder everything.

I have never stayed at Boulder Ridge but I have visited that lobby and did not notice a fragrance.
Thank you!:teeth:

I don't believe you can actually book a standard view anymore. Disney got rid of that category and combined rooms from the old standard view (parking lot, roof, A/C units - not so great views) and the rooms in the garden/woods view category into one, the new resort view. That view can be any of the above. For some, they will come out ahead (if you get a decent view), for others paying the same amount, they may get dumpsters. The standard view does show up on the WL booking page, but dates are not available.
Ugh when did that happen? Was there info posted too? No wonder standard view always has 0 availability. And no Woods view anymore. Just feels like they’re trying new things to have you pay more🙄😵‍💫 ty

They do use an artificial fragrance in the Wilderness Lodge lobby. I am very sensitive to fragrance and it has bothered me a lot when I've stayed in a room that opens directly onto the lobby, this can be on either the regular room side or on the side that was converted to Copper Creek . I have not had much of a problem when my room has been down a hallway a good walk from the

I know exactly what you’re referring to, although the scent at WL does not bother me for some reason. We pretty much stay exclusively in the Boulder Ridge building and don’t find it noticeable there at all. You didn’t ask, but we recently stayed at the Riviera and it is quite noticeable in the lobby there.

regarding the deluxe CL room is it still a sofa bed? No update to a Murphy yet right? Is it a double/queen? Is it uncomfortable?

Thanks

Probably a long shot, but we arrive Friday and am trying to figure out how to confirm if decorations will still be up?

I’ve been trying to see what’s the cheapest pricing going to WL with 3 adults and 2 kids. Why is a basic deluxe room at Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek cheaper than a Resort View at Wilderness Lodge? Is that true? I’d rather stay in the main WL building but might just book the other 😔

I’ve been trying to see what’s the cheapest pricing going to WL with 3 adults and 2 kids. Why is a basic deluxe room at Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek cheaper than a Resort View at Wilderness Lodge? Is that true? I’d rather stay in the main WL building but might just book the other 😔
A regular resort room at Wilderness Lodge only has a capacity for 4 people over the age of 3 years old. You will have to book a deluxe room at WL if you exceed the capacity for a regular room. The WL deluxe room has club level access which is why it is so expensive. Copper Creek has the same capacity as a regular WL room, 4 people.

Boulder Ridge has capacity for five people. It is cheaper than a deluxe room at WL because it doesn't have club level access. :)

Copper Creek is in the main building, while Boulder Ridge is in the separate one. The big difference is that copper creek has one bed and one pullout couch, while WL rooms have two beds.

Although we own at CC, we still love BR. The building is not that far from the main building and the Ambiance of BR is every bit as awesome as the main building.

I used to order their excellent Turkey sandwich but I just looked at the menu and the sandwich became some nonsense about peppercorn turkey and avocado purée 😞

I'm not really a turkey person but that smoked turkey sandwich was my go to at Geyser Point. I'll try the new version but my expectations are low.
As a followup I was pleasantly surprised by the new turkey sandwich and while I prefer the original the new version is still very good. It is black pepper heavy so if that isn't your thing ask them to go easy on the pepper.

Had a wonderful stay at WL. Love the cozy vibe here, especially for a winter trip. One tidbit to note (and forgive me if it’s already been talked about) we had a room number that ended in the 80s and we could hear quite a bit of noise from WCC in the evenings until around 10-10:30. Just something to keep in mind if that would be an issue for you.

Had a wonderful stay at WL. Love the cozy vibe here, especially for a winter trip. One tidbit to note (and forgive me if it’s already been talked about) we had a room number that ended in the 80s and we could hear quite a bit of noise from WCC in the evenings until around 10-10:30. Just something to keep in mind if that would be an issue for you.

What is WCC?

regarding the deluxe CL room is it still a sofa bed? No update to a Murphy yet right? Is it a double/queen? Is it uncomfortable?

Thanks
I have stayed in the deluxe a few times and last was July 2021 just after rooms were refurbed. It is still a sofa sleeper. However we didn’t use it. We just wanted extra space durning the day, I have slept on plenty of the other Disney sofa sleepers. They tend to be a bit on the hard side but I’d pick a Disney one any day over other hotel brands sleepers. I have never had one outside of Disney I have liked.

You can also extra blankets from housekeeping if needed, just call and request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter