Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

You’d be looking at the stream “flowing” from the lobby to the pool, right?
Unfortunately, yes.

I think new guests wouldn't be happy with this type of water view. I remember my friend booking WV at YC, thinking he would get a lake view. He got the quiet pool. 🤣

We had a room very close to the lobby. The balcony looks directly into the courtyard.

If you look to the right, it's all building.
View attachment 836412

But if you look left, you can see the pool and the lake.
View attachment 836415

I wish they had kept the original name Courtyard View for the rooms closer to the lobby, and only rename the rooms near the pool and lake as Water View.
I'd be happy with this view. You got a little bit of everything and that water view is stunning even though it's far away. The roofs at Wilderness Lodge don't bother my either. They are lovely compared to roof views at other hotels such as Yacht or Beach Club.

Unfortunately, yes.

I think new guests wouldn't be happy with this type of water view. I remember my friend booking WV at YC, thinking he would get a lake view. He got the quiet pool. 🤣
To be fair the website room descriptions for the various resorts do say water view includes a pool view, and possibly some other "water" features at a resort. If it's something clear and unobstructed like lagoon, Bay Lake, River view, etc those are specifically listed as a separate category. I would be completely fine with this view. It's of the pool, lake and water feature all together. I'd have more of an issue with the enclosed balcony type on the higher floor. That floor is the worst for balcony views because they're enclosed and you have to stand to see. I like to sit and relax and take it all in. 😍

Is Touring Plans room finder accurate? I am seeing standard view rooms overlooking the delivery area/smokehouse and then resort views overlooking the pond or woods? Resort view used to be nature view I am assuming? But didn't they combine resort and standard view? So, if I booked a resort view I could get either what used to be called standard or nature?

Is Touring Plans room finder accurate? I am seeing standard view rooms overlooking the delivery area/smokehouse and then resort views overlooking the pond or woods? Resort view used to be nature view I am assuming? But didn't they combine resort and standard view? So, if I booked a resort view I could get either what used to be called standard or nature?
TP is not always up to date on their views and descriptions of the rooms. I recently wrote to them about their descriptions of the beds in the dedicated 2BR villas in BR as being inaccurate and I saw that they just removed that info.
There are others here who can give you the details about the change in the names of the views.

They combined the standard and nature view (or garden view, whatever it was called before). TP has not updated it all of their information. Disney did this across all resorts.

Just spent a week at my 17th resort -- Wilderness Lodge*. It was wonderful! I started writing a letter and want to address it to the "face" that I saw on the welcome screen of the in-room TV, but of course can't remember the name. Anyone know?

Thanks!

*Although I know it's themed to the Pacific northwest, as an upstate New Yorker it seemed too Adirondacky, which is why it got so far down on my list of resorts to try.

Just spent a week at my 17th resort -- Wilderness Lodge*. It was wonderful! I started writing a letter and want to address it to the "face" that I saw on the welcome screen of the in-room TV, but of course can't remember the name. Anyone know?

Thanks!

*Although I know it's themed to the Pacific northwest, as an upstate New Yorker it seemed too Adirondacky, which is why it got so far down on my list of resorts to try.
I have tried them all except SSR for that same live upstate NY reason. However I love WL . The theming is just so interesting compared to staying at non Disney hotels.

Ya I never really thought about it but it does look a lot like a lot of places here. I love to camp so maybe that’s why I like the resort so much.

Hmm our welcome screens have been our names? Sorry I don’t know.

Glad you had a nice stay, mine is coming up soon.

Thanks!

Unless it’s recently changed, the main channel on the TVs have had a headshot and blurb from Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Experiences (basically top of the C-suite in terms of parks, resorts, and various other Disney businesses) - I suspect that’s maybe who you are thinking about?

I have tried them all except SSR for that same live upstate NY reason. However I love WL . The theming is just so interesting compared to staying at non Disney hotels.

Ya I never really thought about it but it does look a lot like a lot of places here. I love to camp so maybe that’s why I like the resort so much.

Hmm our welcome screens have been our names? Sorry I don’t know.

Glad you had a nice stay, mine is coming up soon.

I live in Saratoga county and finally decided I don’t need to stay at SSR, partly because it’s Saratoga and partly because it seems so darn far from everything. I have a feeling in the interest of “my list” I’ll cave at some point and stay at least for a few nights.

Unless it’s recently changed, the main channel on the TVs have had a headshot and blurb from Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Experiences (basically top of the C-suite in terms of parks, resorts, and various other Disney businesses) - I suspect that’s maybe who you are thinking about?

Yes, thank you.

I live in Saratoga county and finally decided I don’t need to stay at SSR, partly because it’s Saratoga and partly because it seems so darn far from everything. I have a feeling in the interest of “my list” I’ll cave at some point and stay at least for a few nights.

Yes, thank you.
I spend a lot of time in Saratoga Springs New York. Other than the horse and race track theming, and the names of the different areas, there really is nothing about Disney's Saratoga Springs that makes me think of the actual place. The quick service does sell bottles of water from the actual springs in SSNY and they have a beef on weck sandwich (that's more a Buffalo thing though IMO), but really you won't feel like you're in Upstate New York :)
Now if you don't like walking EVERYWHERE, then no, SSR is not for you.

I spend a lot of time in Saratoga Springs New York. Other than the horse and race track theming, and the names of the different areas, there really is nothing about Disney's Saratoga Springs that makes me think of the actual place. The quick service does sell bottles of water from the actual springs in SSNY and they have a beef on weck sandwich (that's more a Buffalo thing though IMO), but really you won't feel like you're in Upstate New York :)
Oh thx for the comparison. I didn’t love OKW so I think SSR will feel the same. It really is better for those with a car. IMO

Someday I may try it just to complete my list. The prices for the 2 bedroom villas are pretty good compared to others.

Oh thx for the comparison. I didn’t love OKW so I think SSR will feel the same. It really is better for those with a car. IMO

Someday I may try it just to complete my list. The prices for the 2 bedroom villas are pretty good compared to others.
We've enjoyed SSR on trips where we aren't doing a lot of park time. We had two great trips there this winter with lazy pool days, lots of Disney Springs lounges and restaurants, and a show at Cirque du Soleil.
Next trip will be park heavy and we'll be back on the monorail.

Interesting perspective. I remember when it first opened our local paper had a big story about them selling Saratoga Peppermint Pigs. I think the company has since gone out of business.

You’re tempting me to give it a try.

I’m with you on completing my list.

We've enjoyed SSR on trips where we aren't doing a lot of park time. We had two great trips there this winter with lazy pool days, lots of Disney Springs lounges and restaurants, and a show at Cirque du Soleil.
Next trip will be park heavy and we'll be back on the monorail.

Ironically I’ve been watching “Sin City” and it got me interested in doing the Cirque show at Disney Springs. (I’m pretty sure it’s different than the one I saw a number of years ago.) Being closer would be an advantage.

🌲🐿️🌳🦎🌲

AND since this is a Wilderness Lodge thread, I have to say one of my favorite things was moving from spot to spot and just being thankful to be at WDW and people watching. I sat under the entrance portico for a while and enjoyed watching new families come, knowing how excited they were, and commiserating with families who were leaving, hoping they were as appreciative of their trip as I was. (And wondering what became of the woman, my age, who was taken away by ambulance. I didn’t see anyone with her, and that’s always in the back of my mind since I usually travel solo.)

Interesting perspective. I remember when it first opened our local paper had a big story about them selling Saratoga Peppermint Pigs. I think the company has since gone out of business.

You’re tempting me to give it a try.

I’m with you on completing my list.

Ironically I’ve been watching “Sin City” and it got me interested in doing the Cirque show at Disney Springs. (I’m pretty sure it’s different than the one I saw a number of years ago.) Being closer would be an advantage.

🌲🐿️🌳🦎🌲

AND since this is a Wilderness Lodge thread, I have to say one of my favorite things was moving from spot to spot and just being thankful to be at WDW and people watching. I sat under the entrance portico for a while and enjoyed watching new families come, knowing how excited they were, and commiserating with families who were leaving, hoping they were as appreciative of their trip as I was. (And wondering what became of the woman, my age, who was taken away by ambulance. I didn’t see anyone with her, and that’s always in the back of my mind since I usually travel solo.)
And since this is a Wilderness Lodge thread and I am partly to blame for it going off topic, I will add:
I love Wilderness Lodge :)

Question about seeing fireworks from WL…
Where is the best viewing?

I’m thinking we’ll leave MK earlyish (3-4pm) on a mnsshp day this coming September and have dinner at Artists Point and maybe try the lounge at WL, then stay for fireworks and EWP.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter