• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Wilderness Lodge...or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Hi all,

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Disney World for this summer. It will be an adult's only vacation. Which resort would you go with? Disney's Wilderness Lodge or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? We will probably be spending a lot of time at the resort. Maybe one or two park days. I also looked into CBR, but I have stayed there before. WL is about $100 more than AKL.

Thank you as always!
I would do AKL because the rates right now are very good for Standard and Savannah View, both. If you go in late summer, the second half of August especially, the rates at AKL are phenomenal, especially for passholders.

I'd do AKL, but my main reason is probably a little strange. I'd prefer the one where I have the lesser chance of seeing the "real thing". And since I know that I'll never be in the financial position to go on a safari to Africa, I'd choose AKL. I've been to the "real" Wilderness Lodge" in Yellowstone NP (after having stayed at WL before AKL was built. Also, Animal Kingdom is my favorite park at WDW. When I'm at the Lodge, I could just sit and watch the animals all day.

Tough choice. We usually flip a coin because they are two of our favourite resorts. Or we choose the one we haven't been to most recently. If I was doing one of the backstage tours at AK, I might choose AKL. If we were doing a hard ticket party at MK, I might do WL but other than that, I find it difficult to choose. Usually it comes down to availability, If equal availability, then the other techniques (coin, alternating, evening ticketed/tours) kick in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter