Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just managed to get a cabana rental for our extra tag on night due to a flight change -
this is our first time at the resort so I've been perusing this thread (so much information)

I know Hurricane Hanna's is not serving grill items (per WDW website) - is that the only food option we can order from in the Cabana? Is there another menu?
Also - I know this is a rudimentary question - we plan on coming straight from the airport and going swimming/pool day all day - I've read conflicting info on whether or not we will be able to change or take advantage of any changing area?
Not sure if this got answered later, but we just got back, rented a cabana and we were able to order hot food. Not sure where it came from, but know it wasn't HH. The burgers and chicken sandwiches we ordered were awesome and way better than anything I expected. It did take awhile for our server to appear so make sure you let Ashley know that you want to order so she can send the server to you. She goes into the resort to get the hot food, not over to HH and it takes a little bit.

Thanks for the info. I would like them to get scooters, but they are proud and independent and my 81-year-old folks say scooters are "for old people".
We just got back, rented a scooter for my reluctant 78 year old mother and myself who is very pregnant. We shared it. It was a Godsend when we walked to HS and we were one of the first there, let in before park opening and on and off MMRR before 9:20am! Without it, everyone would have been passing us on the almost 20 minute walk there.

We rented from scooterbug and got a 10% DVC discount. Picked it up at Bell services on arrival day and dropped it off the night before. It was super easy and convenient. One battery more than lasted our entire day in the park and it was easy to take everywhere. We took the Skyliner back from HS and just brought it on a special car. You can't fit as many people on the skyliner with the scooter so a couple people just had to go on their own car. I think with the scooter about 4 more people can fit.

The skyliner was not running from IG that early so that option is completely out if you want to be there before opening which was 10am this week but they let us in at 9:10 or so. I must admit, I didn't look at my watch, but it was somewhere close to that since we got off MMRR so early.

We had dinner at Il Mulino and currently, if you are interested, they have a special going on there through 10/31 called Magical Dining where they are offering a $35/person pre fixe menu with an app/entree/dessert. You can go on the magical dining website to find the participating restaurants, this was the only one by BC, but there are other participating restaurants in Disney Springs.
I have read good reviews about this restaurant and it is good to know that they have a $35/person pre fixe menu. I'll check this out - thanks. :)

Just finished reading several pages of this string and found so much helpful info: thanks to all of you who took the time to share. I had searched to see if the YC had coffee machines in the room and wasn't having any luck, but I learned her that there are Keurig machines. I have never stayed at the YC but I'll be there 5 nights next week. Since I own DVC, I haven't stayed in any resorts outside of DVC for nearly 20 years (and prior to that I'd stayed in a couple of moderates.) And, thanks for letting me know that the Magical Dining was extended thru Oct. I reserved a spot at Paddlefish and I may try Il Mulino, too.

Not sure if this got answered later, but we just got back, rented a cabana and we were able to order hot food. Not sure where it came from, but know it wasn't HH. The burgers and chicken sandwiches we ordered were awesome and way better than anything I expected. It did take awhile for our server to appear so make sure you let Ashley know that you want to order so she can send the server to you. She goes into the resort to get the hot food, not over to HH and it takes a little bit.

Did you enjoy the cabana rental? It's on my list of must dos for our next trip!

Did you enjoy the cabana rental? It's on my list of must dos for our next trip!
We did and we only got to enjoy it for a few hours, but it was our arrival day and we drove and it was so nice to have a place to just go that was designated for us. We got a DVC discount and there were 6 of us so when I factored that in I didn't find it cost prohibitive but if I were just one or two people, maybe I would have balked a bit at spending that for a few hours only. They are not allowing people to book half days right now, but even if they did, those hours wouldn't have worked for us and I would have needed to book the full day anyway.

We got there and really enjoyed having water and drinks available immediately. We had cabana 1 so my little one was able to play in the sand right in front of me. No one else was near us in the chairs across the sand. The fruit plate hit the spot and the fruit was really good. Even the blackberries weren't too tart and the pineapple was perfectly ripe. There were a lot of us to split it amongst but we had a dinner reservation at The Boathouse in a few hours and it was just enough. Then we did order hot food and it was better than B&C burgers, etc. and the dessert tray she gave us was also wonderful. The desserts were small, one or two bites each, but again, it was just enough and hit the spot.

I think after the long drive, the splurge and the start to our first COVID vacation was just really meaningful in some odd way. We were able to just relax, sit back and take in the fact that we were just feeling blessed to have been able to make this trip. In the end, it all depends on how you look at it, but my Mother, husband and I seemed to really appreciate it and the timing of it was perfect!

Does anyone know if they are still having dogs? I know they suspended this during co-vid.

YC being a dog-friendly resort was not suspended because of Covid.

We saw "a few" dogs around the resort over our Labor Day weekend trip. DW and I commented it was perhaps a bit more than usual (which has usually been very few/if any). At the time we speculated perhaps guests were more inclined to bring Fido along given a holiday weekend, short park hours and therefore around the resort more to take care of Fido, and maybe more guests driving than flying, making it easier to bring Fido along.

Still a very small part of our overall experience though.

We had dinner at Il Mulino and currently, if you are interested, they have a special going on there through 10/31 called Magical Dining where they are offering a $35/person pre fixe menu with an app/entree/dessert. You can go on the magical dining website to find the participating restaurants, this was the only one by BC, but there are other participating restaurants in Disney Springs.

Only a couple of us ordered off the pre fixe menus but we were all pleasantly surprised with Il Mulino. The kids and I couldn't get enough of the mussels, they were out of this world.
They have all the entrees marked as 'spicy' in some way; what was the spice level?

YC being a dog-friendly resort was not suspended because of Covid.

We saw "a few" dogs around the resort over our Labor Day weekend trip. DW and I commented it was perhaps a bit more than usual (which has usually been very few/if any). At the time we speculated perhaps guests were more inclined to bring Fido along given a holiday weekend, short park hours and therefore around the resort more to take care of Fido, and perhaps more guests driving than flying, making it easier to bring Fido along.

Still a very small part of our overall experience though.
Not a big pet fan. Also don’t always love the thought of a room where a dog slept. I also don’t want to pay money to be next to a room w a dog. So that may be my answer to the question. I thought maybe only standard rooms had dogs but it looks like it’s garden and water view.

The Canada/US is not reopening yet, so our November YC trip has been moved to March 26-31, 2021. Sadly, rack rate for the spring is insane, so we’re currently booked at CSR. Hopefully a discount will come out and we can move back to YC.

Our December dates have shuffled a bit, we’re now YC GV, December 4-9th. Maybe the border will be open by then. I’ve got fingers, toes and everything else crossed. But, just in case, we’ve added Jan & Feb trips too. Something has to work out.

And, since I’ve been so gloomy about all the cancelled trips, DH said to book for the MK 50th, so I’ve at least got that to dream about if all the earlier trips fall through.

So Dee, please make the following BOG changes...

Nov 13-18 YC GV - cancelled
Dec 4-9 - YC GV
Dec 11-15 - BCV 1 bdrm - cancelled
Jan 29-Feb 2 - YC GV
Feb 19-24 - YC GV
Mar 26-31 - CSR (until an AP discount gets released, then it‘s YC GV)
Sept 28-Oct 5 - YC GV for MK 50th

Thanks!

Ask and ye shall receive. I will take that 40% AP discount, thank you very much.

All trips now YC GV...just need the border to reopen and I’ll be all set.

The late January rates and availability are pretty good, btw, if anyone is thinking of booking. Could have swapped over to a BCV 1 bdrm for less than my original rack rate booking, and a savanna view 1 bdrm at AKL would have been less. If they had a better pool over at AKL I might have been tempted.

Not a big pet fan. Also don’t always love the thought of a room where a dog slept. I also don’t want to pay money to be next to a room w a dog. So that may be my answer to the question. I thought maybe only standard rooms had dogs but it looks like it’s garden and water view.
All rooms can have dogs including club level.

I couldn't pass up a 40% discount at the Yacht Club for our January 3-8, 2021 trip. We were booked at full price for a studio at Copper Creek but it wasn't available at all, for any dates I tried, with the general or AP discount. Plus, during this continuing pandemic - ugh - walking to two parks is a big plus. So I switched our Copper Creek reservation to Yacht Club and we saved $520 by making the switch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter