Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not a big pet fan. Also don’t always love the thought of a room where a dog slept. I also don’t want to pay money to be next to a room w a dog. So that may be my answer to the question. I thought maybe only standard rooms had dogs but it looks like it’s garden and water view.
We have a Garden View and requested to NOT be in a room near rooms with PET dogs.

All rooms can have dogs including club level.

Yes, Service dogs have always been allowed at any resort. Big difference between a dog well trained and does not bark and a PET dog that will bark and annoy people. Putting a PET dog in a strange room by themselves all day does not make for a happy PET or vacation if asked to remove a dog that barks for hours. As a side note...having a dog on a retractable leash does not put you into full control of the dog....In my observations here at home and away.

We have a Garden View and requested to NOT be in a room near rooms with PET dogs.

Yes, Service dogs have always been allowed at any resort. Big difference between a dog well trained and does not bark and a PET dog that will bark and annoy people. Putting a PET dog in a strange room by themselves all day does not make for a happy PET or vacation if asked to remove a dog that barks for hours. As a side note...having a dog on a retractable leash does not put you into full control of the dog....In my observations here at home and away.
When you made the request about not being near a dog- was it online somewhere or did you call and say this? I have a BCV room (studio) after the Resort is closed in March. The discount does not apply to BCV but it does Yacht Club. Would save me about $800. So worried about 1.) will Disney close resorts again- at least with BCV I know they will be open 2.) dog situation 3.) We really love Beach club and its vibe. Worried about feeling too stuffy. I asked CM today if I could double book room and she told me she wouldn't and at any time they could cancel one of our reservations. Thoughts?

When you made the request about not being near a dog- was it online somewhere or did you call and say this? I have a BCV room (studio) after the Resort is closed in March. The discount does not apply to BCV but it does Yacht Club. Would save me about $800. So worried about 1.) will Disney close resorts again- at least with BCV I know they will be open 2.) dog situation 3.) We really love Beach club and its vibe. Worried about feeling too stuffy. I asked CM today if I could double book room and she told me she wouldn't and at any time they could cancel one of our reservations. Thoughts?

You would have to call central reservations to add a request like that.

The resort rooms at both Beach Club and Yacht Club are more spacious and nicer rooms in general than the BCV studios, imo. I would choose a resort room over a studio if the rates were cheaper.

The fact that Disney is now opening the All Stars resorts leads me to believe that they won't be closing any resorts that are currently opened, but we never can predict what Disney will do. :)

The lobby of the Yacht Club feels a little more formal than the Beach Club lobby, but I've never felt like it was stuffy.

I called and put in the request after I read that GV were PET areas. I don't hate dogs I just don't like barking and annoying dogs...get enough of that here in my neighborhood. Except for the military trained, bomb sniffing, retired dog across the street.:dog:Good Dog!

Not a big pet fan. Also don’t always love the thought of a room where a dog slept. I also don’t want to pay money to be next to a room w a dog. So that may be my answer to the question. I thought maybe only standard rooms had dogs but it looks like it’s garden and water view.
We were there in Nov. 2019 on club level. There was a dog next door barking around 4pm. The people were not in the room. There were hotel managers there. When you have a dog you have to agree to return with 30 minutes if the dog is causing a problem. The lady came back and the dog quieted down. in the next couple of days we heard 1 short woof. If the dog continues causing problems it must be moved the WDW kennel.

You would have to call central reservations to add a request like that.

The resort rooms at both Beach Club and Yacht Club are more spacious and nicer rooms in general than the BCV studios, imo. I would choose a resort room over a studio if the rates were cheaper.

The fact that Disney is now opening the All Stars resorts leads me to believe that they won't be closing any resorts that are currently opened, but we never can predict what Disney will do. :)

The lobby of the Yacht Club feels a little more formal than the Beach Club lobby, but I've never felt like it was stuffy.
Thanks. Is the water view really worth it or garden just as great? Do you prefer YC to BC?

Thanks. Is the water view really worth it or garden just as great? Do you prefer YC to BC?
There are some very nice garden view rooms that have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. The water view rooms are nice and we booked one for our upcoming trip because we know we will spend a lot of time at the resort on this trip. But our January trip will be garden view.

We prefer the Beach Club. :)

This is such a great thread- lots of information! We’ll be arriving in a few weeks and we get in early afternoon. For those of you that have been at the pool in mid-afternoon, how crowded was it? Also, has anyone had any difficulty getting a spot at the Ale & Compass Lounge as a walk up? Thanks!

This is such a great thread- lots of information! We’ll be arriving in a few weeks and we get in early afternoon. For those of you that have been at the pool in mid-afternoon, how crowded was it? Also, has anyone had any difficulty getting a spot at the Ale & Compass Lounge as a walk up? Thanks!
Mid-afternoon the pool wasn't too busy at all. After the parks close is when the pool crowd grows. Similarly, after parks close, all of the dining areas are quite busy. They just added the Mobile Order To Go option at the Ale & Compass restaurant, so that should help. Have a great trip!

Super excited. We've just booked our first WDW trip, and will be staying at BCV in March 2021. Taking our daughters, 9 and 5, who I think will love Stormalong Bay and the resort as a whole. This entire thread has so much wonderful information. No questions to ask, just wanted to post with those who might understand my excitement.

There are some very nice garden view rooms that have a sideways view of Crescent Lake.

I just want to point out that a lot of rooms at YC are classified as garden view. Yes some are in the lake side of the resort, but most aren’t. And like everything else, requests for a particular area aren’t guaranteed. We usually stay waterview. The few times we booked garden view we did request gazebo views. We did not get those requests. We have been overlooking the quiet pool & on the front of the resort with trees & grass views.

IMO waterview at YC is much better. The only time I book garden is if waterview isn’t available. If you go with garden, just have realistic expectations. You likely will be looking at just trees & shrubs, maybe the tennis court or quiet pool. If you’re very, very lucky.. the nice gazebo view.

I am so grateful for all these posts. I just know in my heart I’ll be sad to change to YC. So although I would save a lot of money I’m going to stick to BC. I know I’ll be happy.

Go with your heart & gut. YC is our “home” & I do feel cheated a bit if we have to stay in a garden view room. But we go often (except this year, lol), so I can deal with it knowing the next trip will be waterview. You’re better off booking where you know you’ll be happy. Enjoy your trip!

We booked YC this morning for 1/10-16. (Boardwalk was out). We got a standard view. Now, I just need to cancel my reservation for the Cabins. We are losing the space, but YC is costing us only about $100 more than a stay at the cabins, and now we can WALK TO 2 PARKS!! YAYE!! (Plus we budgeted the cost of original rack rates to the cabins, so now we have QS meals covered for lunch and dinner every day).

I know the Yacht Club might not be as cool for the kids as other places, but we can still walk along the boardwalk, great trails along lake, and the atmosphere feels great.

2 Questions... Is YC a moderate or Deluxe Resort? (What is the nightly parking costs?)
We are staying at a close hotel on Saturday 1/9. (Spending about $150 instead of $400 lol). Our first park day is 1/10 (the day we arrive at YC.) Can we drive over to YC very early and park our car and then jump on the Bus for MK? What time do the buses start? If I want to be on first bus, how early should i get there before the start of buses, an hour? 1.5 hours? Are the buses beating the drivers to MK?

We booked YC this morning for 1/10-16. (Boardwalk was out). We got a standard view. Now, I just need to cancel my reservation for the Cabins. We are losing the space, but YC is costing us only about $100 more than a stay at the cabins, and now we can WALK TO 2 PARKS!! YAYE!! (Plus we budgeted the cost of original rack rates to the cabins, so now we have QS meals covered for lunch and dinner every day).

I know the Yacht Club might not be as cool for the kids as other places, but we can still walk along the boardwalk, great trails along lake, and the atmosphere feels great.

2 Questions... Is YC a moderate or Deluxe Resort? (What is the nightly parking costs?)
We are staying at a close hotel on Saturday 1/9. (Spending about $150 instead of $400 lol). Our first park day is 1/10 (the day we arrive at YC.) Can we drive over to YC very early and park our car and then jump on the Bus for MK? What time do the buses start? If I want to be on first bus, how early should i get there before the start of buses, an hour? 1.5 hours? Are the buses beating the drivers to MK?

YC is deluxe.

Remember that cars park at TTC but buses drop off directly at MK.

Lots of info about timing during the age of coronavirus in these two threads:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-just-back-wdw-reopening-experiences.3807247/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...vation-available-through-end-of-2021.3795738/

For anyone who has rented a cabana - does that show up in your Plans under My Disney Experience? Because it is not showing up nor did I get an email or confirmation etc.
Just want to be sure before I reach out to Guest Services, if I'm looking for something that shouldnt be there then never mind :)

For anyone who has rented a cabana - does that show up in your Plans under My Disney Experience? Because it is not showing up nor did I get an email or confirmation etc.
Just want to be sure before I reach out to Guest Services, if I'm looking for something that shouldnt be there then never mind :)
We rented one for today and they told em I could link it to MDE with my confirmation number, but I never tried. We received a call confirming our cabana yesterday and we checked into this morning without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter