Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all, it seems as though Anthology no longer makes the dis candles? I saw another company listed on fb but am wondering if anyone has tried their YC/BC scent: https://wedwaycandlecompany.com/ Any other recommendations? I'd really like to purchase one for a friend, thank you!!

Check out Post 14- I have compiled a few candle suggestions there from posters here.

:thumbsup2
you're the best!!!! I originally did a search on the thread and was just coming up with all the anthology reviews. This is much more comprehensive. Thanks and I won't hijack the thread anymore tonight :)

Got to YC around 9:30 or so from DME yesterday morning and was very happy that our room was already ready for us! Additionally, we had two reservations we weren’t able to combine and they were able to keep us in the same room, which is nice. This is my first time stayed on the YC side and it is definitely already my favorite over BC and BW.

@GADisneyDad14 it looks like your DD is either right down the hall from me or is at least on the same wing but a different floor. I have the same view but I’m looking at the pool from the right side of it!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to look it over to see if your information is correct. Let me know if you have any corrections or changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
Can you add us to the list too? We will be staying at BC 1BR Villa 7/19/18-7/28/18. We have never stayed here, but stayed at Boardwalk last year and wanted to give Beach Club a try, the resort looks beautiful!

@natebenma

"Omygoodness, I'm so glad you posted this...
We changed our dates to the following week, March 7 - 13.
BC, CL.
THANK YOU!"
I should have added, " Would you please add my room the list??? Thank you,
Nonna T

Hi there. Please add us to the list!!! We are going to our beloved YC Aug 21-25, then going to the Poly Aug 26-29. I am actually nervous that I wont be
happy at the Poly. Ive always wanted to stay there, but we really love YC. And its our first split stay too.

I am on the opposite of you (first week of August too). I have stayed at the BC when it first opened and have been wanting to go back but the castle view and sounds from the seven seas lagoon make me stay away...then came kids and I needed them to be strong swimmers to be in that pool. We are staying at the BC for 5 nights f/b Poly for 5 nights. I am worried my kids/DH will hate the BC, although I know they won’t. But I made sure I planned the 2nd half at the Poly so I can sit at the pool and watch the castle on our departure day.

Hi everyone. Want to say what a pleasant thread this always seems to be, populated by some really nice people. Being new around here, one questioned has popped up for me that maybe someone can answer. What I seem to notice here is that while fans of both YC and BC are represented, they represent very differently. When people talk about the BC (and there seem to be more of those), it's almost with a cult-like passion, lol. The YC, not so much. I have to say, the wife and I really enjoyed our recent stay at YC. I have almost no complaints save one bad service experience in the Market, and maybe the price versus similar quality luxury hotels. What I'm wondering is how much different BC might be given all the enthusiasm for that resort I'm seeing. Is it the service, the room decor, the ambiance etc? This recent one was the first real vacation we've had in a while as we've been super busy with a house full of kids and everything that goes with that. We hope to do more at WDW, and are staying at WL in Feb. For summer, I'd like to do Poly (personal fave) or GF, but getting try SAB might be nice as well. Not sure the YC is "Disney" enough to draw us away from the MK resorts, but BC seems to leave people with a completely different vibe. Thoughts?

Hi everyone. Want to say what a pleasant thread this always seems to be, populated by some really nice people. Being new around here, one questioned has popped up for me that maybe someone can answer. What I seem to notice here is that while fans of both YC and BC are represented, they represent very differently. When people talk about the BC (and there seem to be more of those), it's almost with a cult-like passion, lol. The YC, not so much. I have to say, the wife and I really enjoyed our recent stay at YC. I have almost no complaints save one bad service experience in the Market, and maybe the price versus similar quality luxury hotels. What I'm wondering is how much different BC might be given all the enthusiasm for that resort I'm seeing. Is it the service, the room decor, the ambiance etc? This recent one was the first real vacation we've had in a while as we've been super busy with a house full of kids and everything that goes with that. We hope to do more at WDW, and are staying at WL in Feb. For summer, I'd like to do Poly (personal fave) or GF, but getting try SAB might be nice as well. Not sure the YC is "Disney" enough to draw us away from the MK resorts, but BC seems to leave people with a completely different vibe. Thoughts?

Interesting observation regarding the Beach Club vs. "The Dark Side"*

*Tounge-in-cheek YC nickname given by a former BC greeter when she was assigned to the Yacht Club- because the décor is darker there compared to the BC and it is always much less lively with fewer families in lobby.

One reason for recent YC backlash may be due to some of the changes between the old YC rooms and the newly refurbed rooms- no carpeting, raised beds that are difficult for height-challenged individuals to get into, loss of tubs in some rooms, no ceiling fans...

But that is just one theory.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

:scratchin

Last edited:
Got to YC around 9:30 or so from DME yesterday morning and was very happy that our room was already ready for us! Additionally, we had two reservations we weren’t able to combine and they were able to keep us in the same room, which is nice. This is my first time stayed on the YC side and it is definitely already my favorite over BC and BW.

@GADisneyDad14 it looks like your DD is either right down the hall from me or is at least on the same wing but a different floor. I have the same view but I’m looking at the pool from the right side of it!
May I ask, how did you know your room was ready? Did you check at the desk or did you receive a text message? Just curious. We will be arriving around the same time, 9:30 am, and am hopping the room will be ready after a long night of travel. We have it set up to text us when the room is ready. Thank you!

May I ask, how did you know your room was ready? Did you check at the desk or did you receive a text message? Just curious. We will be arriving around the same time, 9:30 am, and am hopping the room will be ready after a long night of travel. We have it set up to text us when the room is ready. Thank you!

I was told at the desk. I’d normally wait for the text but because we had the two reservations, I wanted to follow up with the desk to make sure they were keeping us in the same room. When I asked about that, we were told the room was already ready.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the Yacht or Beach Club? When?

:cool1:

So, do you hang that on your door at night?
Kind of don't get what it's for.
Is it for privacy?
Must be dumber than I thought...

Note that it does not say, "Do not disturb" because Disney has decided they will enter if they want to. There are other posts about this. One has BLT in the title because the new policy started at the hotels near Magic Kingdom. Those threads have gotten pretty argumentative and political. Hotel chains are instituting new policies, possibly caused by the Vegas shooting and possibly influenced by the hotels' insurance companies.

Was the pull out big enough for your 11 year old? We had a day bed last time when my son was 9 and it was a tad bit too small. Now he's 5 foot and I am hoping for 2 beds (one for DH and myself and one for DS)?

My DS 14 is almost 6"2 and he was quite happy on the pull out. I laid down on it once and found it very uncomfortable but he didn't mind. It was definitely a queen size pull out.

We got home a couple of days ago so I will talk more about the room. It was 2522 as I mentioned close to secret exit, very far from lobby. Was queen bed and pull out. My one big caution about the room is it is a joining room which is great if you need or want one, however we could hear the people next door talking clear as anything. I could easily follow along with their conversation. It made it very difficult to sleep a couple of nights. We left the tv on to drown them out. I am sure they do not appreciate our early mornings either! The last two nights I think the room as empty because we didn't hear anything.
BC was great as usual but the chilly weather the last couple of days closed the pool on us! That was a disappointment. The smell of the lobby and decorations were amazing. I am not sure we will be back for a few years. Going to travel to other locations for a while. Thanks again Dee for an amazing board!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter