Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stayed at BC Sept 29-Oct 6 in room 2629. It's a garden/woods view overlooking the main exit out the back of the resort, 2 queen beds, daybed, full balcony, connects to room 2631. It was a great room! We've previously stayed at BCV and preferred this location much more. We just had to take the stairs by the elevator, walk through the elevator bank, make a right, and we were the first guest room on the right. SO quick and easy to come and go.

We didn't have any trouble with the busses. I was fully prepared to take Minnie Vans if we had long waits but we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and mostly walked right onto a waiting bus, were able to get seats, etc.

I'd upload a file but they are apparently too large :confused:

Thank you so much for the detailed description of your room. I'm glad to hear you were happy with it and that you had decent experiences with the bus.

Here are the instructions for resizing and direct uploading photos to the DIS

How do I Post a Photo on the DIS? Direct Upload- resizing

With the new DIS server (Feb 2015) pictures can be directly uploaded to the DIS using the "Upload a File" feature. Two things to note- files that are too large will not upload and must be resized and when you quote a post that has a direct upload, you will not get the photo in your response box, you will just get a message that says "Attach XXXX"

To resize a single photo:

*Make a copy of the photo first, so that you don't alter the original photo file*

Click on/highlight the copy of the photo
Select "Open with Paint" or other photo editor
Select the resize option (two superimposed rectangles in Paint)
In the horizontal or vertical box, change from 100 to either 50 or 25- both work
Click OK
Then click "Save" icon that looks like a floppy disk.

That photo should be ok to directly upload onto the DIS.

:magnify:

Quick question...don't crush the newbie....Staying at a 2BR BWV next month. I see the drip coffee maker in the pics and listed equipment. I assume that this are starter supplies there when we get there but will these supplies be refreshed daily?

TIA
No one in this thread will crush you! I’ve been in and out for a few years now here & can 100% say this is one the kindest threads on the boards :)

We checked in to Yacht Club on Saturday and are in love. I am sitting on the balcony as I type staring at the lighthouse and listening to sounds from The Boardwalk. I was very disappointed not to be able to get a Halloween mug on Saturday, but was thrilled to find them in stock today. Supposedly it’s the first time Yacht has had them this season per the employees. The sweet cashier traded mine out for me. So excited to have a different mug after many trips to WDW! It will be a sad day on Saturday when we leave this beautiful resort!

We checked in to Yacht Club on Saturday and are in love. I am sitting on the balcony as I type staring at the lighthouse and listening to sounds from The Boardwalk. I was very disappointed not to be able to get a Halloween mug on Saturday, but was thrilled to find them in stock today. Supposedly it’s the first time Yacht has had them this season per the employees. The sweet cashier traded mine out for me. So excited to have a different mug after many trips to WDW! It will be a sad day on Saturday when we leave this beautiful resort!
They traded your old one out for the Halloween mug? That's awesome!

I bought one on Saturday when we arrived and they traded that one out
That's good to know. I was thinking we just wouldn't buy a mug and hope they show up during our trip, but I'll plan on getting a mug and hoping I can switch it out for a Halloween one. Thanks!

That's good to know. I was thinking we just wouldn't buy a mug and hope they show up during our trip, but I'll plan on getting a mug and hoping I can switch it out for a Halloween one. Thanks!
You’re welcome. Hopefully they still have them. Boardwalk had some last week and sold out really fast. Hopefully they’re all catching up now

Do you have an iPhone? I always email the pictures to myself and when it asks what size I pick one smaller then "Actual Size".

Thank you so much for the detailed description of your room. I'm glad to hear you were happy with it and that you had decent experiences with the bus.

Here are the instructions for resizing and direct uploading photos to the DIS

Thank you both!

Here are the pics of the view for 2629:

IMG_9248-2.JPG IMG_9249-2.JPG

Does Beaches and Cream have lactose-free options?? Thank you in advance!

That is a really, really excellent question, but unfortunately, I have no idea!

I do know Beaches & Cream has many Gluten-Free options, including a version of the kitchen sink, but I don't know what they have for lactose-free ice cream substitutions.

I hate to send you somewhere else for research/answers, but if you haven't yet, either search and/or post on the restaurant board

I would love to hear from anyone who follows this thread who has experience with the availability of lactose-free selections here and elsewhere at the resort.

:goodvibes

That is a really, really excellent question, but unfortunately, I have no idea!

I do know Beaches & Cream has many Gluten-Free options, including a version of the kitchen sink, but I don't know what they have for lactose-free ice cream substitutions.

I hate to send you somewhere else for research/answers, but if you haven't yet, either search and/or post on the restaurant board

I would love to hear from anyone who follows this thread who has experience with the availability of lactose-free selections here and elsewhere at the resort.

Thank you, I will look! The above picture of the Kitchen Sink reminded me that I need to find out before Thanksgiving. I would love to indulge with my family a little ❤️

Looking at the Beach Club booking page, I see a couple of categories - Deluxe Room and Deluxe Room club level access. From a location within the resort, are these different rooms, or does the club level access category just use the same rooms and just give you access to the lounge?

And what rooms are the Deluxe Rooms?

Yes, We Have No Cabanas... Still!

:banana::banana::banana:

I'm not trying to throw any shade, but it is now October and there is no indication that installation of the cabanas at Stormalong Bay is on deck.

Has anyone heard/seen any signs of when the cabanas will be added?

I did not step foot inside the SAB fortress during our stay last week, but observed no evidence of cabana construction. (The quiet pool at YC was wonderful though...I must be old now:sad1:)

Looking at the Beach Club booking page, I see a couple of categories - Deluxe Room and Deluxe Room club level access. From a location within the resort, are these different rooms, or does the club level access category just use the same rooms and just give you access to the lounge?

And what rooms are the Deluxe Rooms?

I have been trying to find out what the booking categories mean. It is not clear to me whether there are certain rooms designated as club level or if as you suggested, you can pay the additional price to gain access to the lounge.

There are (were) 6 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club:

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

If I get more information I will post it here.

Question 1: Has anyone taken a Minnie Van from yacht club to MK recently? Wondering what the price would be now? Google maps says it's about 5.5 miles so that would be around $30.

Q2: Is the walk significantly longer from yacht club to HS with the construction going on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter