Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We will be there at YC from Aug5-12,2019 in a garden view room. We love this resort and can’t wait to stay there again! Taking advantage of free dining this time!

Hi. I’m staying at the Beach Club now and doing the early morning magic at Toy Story land tomorrow. The front desk told me the boats will be running to HS at 6:30. Does anyone have experience with transportation to HS for this experience from the Beach Club that can confirm? Thanks

Hi. I’m staying at the Beach Club now and doing the early morning magic at Toy Story land tomorrow. The front desk told me the boats will be running to HS at 6:30. Does anyone have experience with transportation to HS for this experience from the Beach Club that can confirm? Thanks

I don’t know if they are accurate about the starting time, but if you miss a boat it takes a long time before the next one arrives. And the ride is not super fast. If it were me, I would take an Uber. But everybody has different ideas about what they should spend money on. Some people would tell you to walk, but I don’t believe in burning the energy before even getting to the park

The boat is running that early. But if you miss the first one it's going to be a bit of a wait for the next as they don't run as frequently that early. We prefer to walk as it's quicker even at a slow pace.

We walked when we did it from the BCV, by far the best option IMHO. Then you choose when you leave, how fast you go, and thus when you get there. No stress, no real variables, and no one to blame but yourself on the timing. It was a nice, peaceful walk in the early am (and I am definitely NOT a morning person!).

Wh
Sorry if I was unclear. I'd rather not spend the money on a cabana if I have a decent shot at getting shade just by grabbing a couple chairs right when that area opens. I'm asking how competitive the general seating is at that time.
You won’t have any trouble getting a spot in the shade if you go when SAB first opens. Late August is a slow period with lots of schools back in session. The pool wont be as crowded as it is earlier in the summer. Most people don’t go to the pool until after 11am anyway. :)

Hi friends!

Hope everyone had a super weekend. I am still in my jammies catching up from mine- Ben's first (and last) prom, helping out at 3 performances of A Midsummer Night's Dream and the first week of a 4 week photography course. I'll be back to finish getting up to date here in the next day or so.

Page 1443

So excited - we have two rooms booked at the Yacht Club for 10/24-10/29/19 garden view! (one room for me, my son, wife and 2 kids and another room for my other 2 sons)

I'm still working on another reservation for my daughter & her children for 10/20-10/24/19 to arrive before my son and his family but could only get the nights of 10/18-10/20/19 at Beach Club Villa through a DVC member renting points. I haven't been able to book anything yet for 10/20-22/19 by renting points. She wants to stay 4 nights but due to sibling rivalry she doesn't want to stay same dates as him so hard to plan :confused3 Would be SO much easier if we all stayed same dates but I'm caught in the middle and have to do what I can :crowded: So looks like I'll be staying from 10/18-10/29/19 unless I can get my daughter a reservation for 10/20-10/24/19. Looking for any pixie dust anyone can give!

This will be our first visit at Yacht/Beach Club resorts. We've always stay at BWV and admired these hotels from across Crescent Lake. I'm super excited as have been wanting to experience Stormalong Bay for over 10 years!

:welcome:

I'll add these trips to the Be Our Guest list and you can let me know once the dates are settled. Good luck!

:cool1:

I'm so happy!!! The UK free dining offer for 2020 opened this morning and I've booked for Beach Club next year! That's two stays lined up now! I have stayed there once before but my BF hasn't, but I know he will love it as much as I do!

10 nights from 21 September 2020... I'm already counting down!

That's awesome!!!

I'll add you to the list for next year!

:woohoo:

Hi Dee - will you remove me from the Ge Our Guest list please? Instead of YC in July the family is tagging along for the first part of our June trip. When they leave we are moving to BWV. I'm hoping we won't miss BC too much looking at it across the lagoon. I'm excited to try a new resort but we've stayed at BC the last 4 summers and it will always be "home"!

We are hoping to get a reservation at BCV for next summer, fingers crossed for some major good luck!

Will do. Enjoy your trip.

::yes::

So excited to finally be staying at Beach Club in September! Can I please be added to the Be Our Guest list?

Sep 4 -Sep 7, BC for a Momcation with 2 of my friends :)

I LOVE the theme and name of your trip!

I'll add you to the list.

:cheer2:

Last edited:
I have just booked one of the poolside cabanas for our upcoming August trip, I am so excited!! I have decided that rather than fight the crazy on Aug 29th for the Galaxy's Edge opening, I'm going to plan our resort day. Fishing excursion from 7am - 9am and then the cabana starting at 10am with dinner that night at Yachtsman.

Two questions for anyone who may know...
1) The food service they provide, is it from Hurricane Hannah's?
2) Is there a safe in the cabana?

Hi friends!

Hope everyone had a super weekend. I am still in my jammies catching up from mine- Ben's first (and last) prom, helping out at 3 performances of A Midsummer Night's Dream and the first week of a 4 week photography course. I'll be back to finish getting up to date here in the next day or so.

Page 1

I'll add these trips to the Be Our Guest list and you can let me know once the dates are settled. Good luck!

:cool1:

That's awesome!!!

I'll add you to the list for next year!

:woohoo:

Will do. Enjoy your trip.

::yes::

I LOVE the theme and name of your trip!

I'll add you to the list.

:cheer2:

Could you add me too. Honeymooners 21st Feb - 1st March at bc. Hurrah

I don’t know if they are accurate about the starting time, but if you miss a boat it takes a long time before the next one arrives. And the ride is not super fast. If it were me, I would take an Uber. But everybody has different ideas about what they should spend money on. Some people would tell you to walk, but I don’t believe in burning the energy before even getting to the park

I'd do the walk. lol

Worked out great for DHS EMH when TSL was first opened!

The boat is running that early. But if you miss the first one it's going to be a bit of a wait for the next as they don't run as frequently that early. We prefer to walk as it's quicker even at a slow pace.

We walked when we did it from the BCV, by far the best option IMHO. Then you choose when you leave, how fast you go, and thus when you get there. No stress, no real variables, and no one to blame but yourself on the timing. It was a nice, peaceful walk in the early am (and I am definitely NOT a morning person!).

Thanks all for all the replies! We were at the dock at 6:30am and the first boat was waiting. It was very fast and easy. There was a boat that went separately to the Swan and Dolphin so we didn’t have to stop there. The event was great. If you have a chance to do it we thought it was definitely worth it.

Thanks all for all the replies! We were at the dock at 6:30am and the first boat was waiting. It was very fast and easy. There was a boat that went separately to the Swan and Dolphin so we didn’t have to stop there. The event was great. If you have a chance to do it we thought it was definitely worth it.
Nice that they had a boat waiting and that you had a great time!

Can anyone who is there now (or visited recently) tell me how much Cape May Cafe breakfast is currently? I have checked all of the usually recommended sites and none of them agree on current pricing. I realize it could change six times between now and when we get there next week. Thanks!

Thank you so much for letting us know!

:thumbsup2

Having only stayed on the monorail line for previous trips where the resorts were decorated for Christmas, we have never seen the Yacht or Beach Club decorated. Anyone have pics they'll like to share? :)

Having only stayed on the monorail line for previous trips where the resorts were decorated for Christmas, we have never seen the Yacht or Beach Club decorated. Anyone have pics they'll like to share? :)

I haven't been at that time of year, but from what I have seen posted, you are in for a treat if you have a trip during the holidays!

For starters, check out the end of Post 8 and Post 9 on Page 1 of this thread. There are a few pictures and links to holiday decorations at the BC and YC.

You should also search this thread using the key words: decorations, carousel or train display

:magnify:

Last edited:
I haven't been at that time of year, but from what I have seen posted, you are in for a treat if you have a trip during the holidays!

For starters, check out the end of Post 8 and Post 9 on Page 1 of this thread. There are a few pictures and links to holiday decorations at the BC and YC.

You should also search this thread using the key words: decorations, carousel or train display

:magnify:

Awesome thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter