Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sadly we cancelled our trip starting this weekend so we can be removed from the "Be our Guest List" I have found this particular thread and the community on here amazing. Thank you for making this over planners dream come true with all the info, can't wait till we have the opportunity to stay at BC again. I hope everyone stays safe who is at the Resort or will be there for Dorian.

On the plus side I will now be lurking on the Disneyland threads as we managed to book airfare and hotel at Disneyland Hotel starting on Monday 9/2 for 7 days.

Last edited:
So between my normal pre trip anxiety and my new “you do know a hurricane is coming, right?” anxiety I’m having some insomnia- and for some reason all I can think about is the new to me credit card policy. :sad2:

Can someone answer how that works? I have a Disney Visa- but not a huge limit. We have always just charged to the room and then pay it off from our debit card every day or so. Will we still be able to do that? I understand the first $100 hold- are additional holds put on for what we are charging and then how quickly do they fall off if we pay it off daily?

Sadly we cancelled our trip starting this weekend so we can be removed from the "Be our Guest List" I have found this particular thread and the community on here amazing. Thank you for making this over planners dream come true with all the info, can't wait till we have the opportunity to stay at BC again. I hope everyone stays safe who is at the Resort or will be there for Dorian.

On the plus side I will now be lurking on the Disneyland threads as we managed to book airfare and hotel at Disneyland Hotel starting on Monday 9/2 for 7 days.

Thanks for letting us know!

That is a great replacement for your WDW trip! We had a short family visit to DL 4 years ago, and my husband and I will be going back for a few days in February (staying at DLH). It was fun to enjoy the totally new things in the parks and to experience the attractions that are slightly different from the ones we know so well in Florida. Pirates rocks!!!

Have a great trip!

pirate:

Something I want to add for those who may be ordering “Dorian” supplies. On our local news last night they were cautioning people ordering water from Amazon- some items marked “prime” had delivery days of late next week. Be sure to check those dates. Local stores are running out at times, but getting shipments in as quick and often as they can. There are reports of some gas stations running out of gas- again replenishing as best they can. My local Speedway ran out Wednesday for a short time, then the tanker came in. Ran out again yesterday evening. It’s frustrating for everyone. We will get through it just fine.

So between my normal pre trip anxiety and my new “you do know a hurricane is coming, right?” anxiety I’m having some insomnia- and for some reason all I can think about is the new to me credit card policy. :sad2:

Can someone answer how that works? I have a Disney Visa- but not a huge limit. We have always just charged to the room and then pay it off from our debit card every day or so. Will we still be able to do that? I understand the first $100 hold- are additional holds put on for what we are charging and then how quickly do they fall off if we pay it off daily?
There is a really great thread with information about the new credit card procedures. Here is a link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-credit-card-authorization-holds.3729383/page-78You should post your question there, too. Lots of experiences have been shared. The biggest thing is to not have a debit card linked to your room unless you have twice the amount of money in your account than you actually plan to spend. But this is just a brief piece of info. There are some experts on the thread. 🙂👍

There is a really great thread with information about the new credit card procedures. Here is a link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-credit-card-authorization-holds.3729383/page-78You should post your question there, too. Lots of experiences have been shared. The biggest thing is to not have a debit card linked to your room unless you have twice the amount of money in your account than you actually plan to spend. But this is just a brief piece of info. There are some experts on the thread. 🙂👍
Thank you I will do that. We are at our park and fly hotel and just ready to get there- 6AM flight!

I thought I took pictures of the view from my room when I was at Disney earlier this month, but all I see on my phone is this picture of the balcony. But you can see what's in front of it. (Lots of trees, no view of anything.) If I recall correctly, you can see the Dolphin on top of the Dolphin hotel in the top right corner.

Beach Club Villas studio room 549

Dorian Update Post:

I'm at the BC due to check out on Tuesday and drive back to Tampa. When I checked in I asked to be put on the waiting list for extending my stay due to the hurricane. The front desk called last night and I went down and they could keep me in my same room here on Tuesday night for 25% off rack rate or $346.

I will probably check out on Monday and was assured that I would get a full refund for Monday night.

Thank you for sharing the options! I will definitely be stopping by for a sundae in October and December. Hoping I can also snag an ADR on arrival day in March to see the changes :cloud9:
We will do this tonight but I was wondering what the hours were. We are at BCV for one more night then we transfer to Poly Villas for 2 nights starting Monday. We are supposed to transfer to CCV on Wednesday but I think when we check in to the Poly tomorrow we'll see if we can stay there in case they aren't able to transport us to CCV.

We moved our MNSSHP from Labor day to last Friday to avoid any rain that I'm sure will come.....like everyone we are waiting it out to see what Dorian will do.

For anyone needing to see the activities calendar, here it is!

Attachments

• 20190901_102032.jpg
    20190901_102032.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 26
Dorian Update Post:

I'm at the BC due to check out on Tuesday and drive back to Tampa. When I checked in I asked to be put on the waiting list for extending my stay due to the hurricane. The front desk called last night and I went down and they could keep me in my same room here on Tuesday night for 25% off rack rate or $346.

I will probably check out on Monday and was assured that I would get a full refund for Monday night.

Thank you so much for the info.

Hope the rest of your trip is safe and wonderful!

:goodvibes

We will do this tonight but I was wondering what the hours were. We are at BCV for one more night then we transfer to Poly Villas for 2 nights starting Monday. We are supposed to transfer to CCV on Wednesday but I think when we check in to the Poly tomorrow we'll see if we can stay there in case they aren't able to transport us to CCV.

We moved our MNSSHP from Labor day to last Friday to avoid any rain that I'm sure will come.....like everyone we are waiting it out to see what Dorian will do.

For anyone needing to see the activities calendar, here it is!

Awesome!

Thank you so much!

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

As an update, I was told that Ariel’s will be open the usual Beaches and Cream hours from 11 am until what she thought would be 11pm. This was coming from the CM at the Stormalong Bay entrance though.....limited offerings

As an update, I was told that Ariel’s will be open the usual Beaches and Cream hours from 11 am until what she thought would be 11pm. This was coming from the CM at the Stormalong Bay entrance though.....limited offerings

I walked by Ariels with the Beaches and Cream setup. It was rather strange; this very large room with just a few of the tables and chairs from B and C. Definitely not a great atmosphere but will do if you want to grab some ice cream and go.

Does the Regatta Club, in the Yacht Club, have a balcony that you can sit on to eat? If so, what kind of view is there?

Is the Regatta Club as big as the Stone Harbor Club in the Beach Club?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Does the Regatta Club, in the Yacht Club, have a balcony that you can sit on to eat? If so, what kind of view is there?

Is the Regatta Club as big as the Stone Harbor Club in the Beach Club?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I believe the Regatta Club is comparable in size to the Stone Harbor Club. Yes, there is a balcony with tables and chairs. You can see some pictures in the link below, from Page 1, Club 12:

Yacht Club Regatta Lounge, October 2016

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter