• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone - I have had trouble looking this up so I will ask the experts! I am at the beach club Nov. 5th. We land around 8pm and were hoping to use the main hot tubs that night. But, that depends how late the pool is open. Does anyone have an idea of the pool hours in Nov?

I have a question.

We get in at 11 am but are first part is at the Poly. When we arrive if our room isn't ready we can leave our belongings with bell services and go straight to a park.

Do you ladies leave your purse with bell services? I'm taking my purse on the plane. We go bagless into the parks. I carry maybe a credit card, $20 and my ID. I'm worried about leaving my purse with all of my cards and cash and at the same time I don't want to carry it around with me. What do you ladies do about that?

Last October when we arrived at the YC our room wasn't ready yet. They stashed my iPad and DH's laptop in a safe in a back office. What a relief that was. We weren't comfortable leaving that stuff in the bell services storage area.

Our luggage is always locked with those zip strips, so although sticking your purse in your luggage is a good idea, too, it wouldn't have worked for us. I only carry my license, a credit card and some cash in a small cross-body bag to the parks.

:sunny:

Luggage transfer question: we will be moving from our 1 night stay at AoA to the Bc, I know I can call bell services and they come to the room to collect luggage, but CAN we just take the luggage to bell services at AoA and not worry about having them come to the room?

YAY! Isn't it exciting..of course from the safety of the car! How is the cabin?

The explorer cabins are great! Lots of room, great amenities and location is fabulous.

Full day upper loop tour today. Saw more than 500 buffalo, but none close up, great views of elk, pronghorns mule deer and 5 bald eagles.

Incredible scenery of course.

Kayak booked for tomorrow but it is supposed to rain.

Luggage transfer question: we will be moving from our 1 night stay at AoA to the Bc, I know I can call bell services and they come to the room to collect luggage, but CAN we just take the luggage to bell services at AoA and not worry about having them come to the room?
Yes

The explorer cabins are great! Lots of room, great amenities and location is fabulous.

Full day upper loop tour today. Saw more than 500 buffalo, but none close up, great views of elk, pronghorns mule deer and 5 bald eagles.

Incredible scenery of course.

Kayak booked for tomorrow but it is supposed to rain.
Sounds fabulous Dee!

A big hello from I95 south in Virginia :) I've been trying to lurk, but you know how it is the last few days before vacation. We should be at Anna Maria island tomorrow afternoon! The kids all just fell asleep. I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here for your help and just being amazingly sweet, hoping to run into quite a few of you next week!!! Teena I'll definitely seek you out the 16 or 17th!

Pas130 - I have made that drive many times! Have a wonderful beach vacation and have a magical trip ! What day do you check out of BC?

Good morning to all of my BC/YC friends!! We are almost at another milestone, single digits! Every year I know we are getting super close to our BC arrival when my DW starts getting nervous about the trip, leaving our dog, flying (she hates to fly) and worrying about making sure we have everything we need. Also my daughter has Type 1 Diabetes so that creates a whole new level of worry. Supplies, glucometers, glucose monitors etc.

So there is something positive to take out of the worry because it means we are getting close!!!

I hope you all have awesome days. Ours will be spent at an all day softball tournament for my daughters team!!

Jay

Good morning to all of my BC/YC friends!! We are almost at another milestone, single digits! Every year I know we are getting super close to our BC arrival when my DW starts getting nervous about the trip, leaving our dog, flying (she hates to fly) and worrying about making sure we have everything we need. Also my daughter has Type 1 Diabetes so that creates a whole new level of worry. Supplies, glucometers, glucose monitors etc.

So there is something positive to take out of the worry because it means we are getting close!!!

I hope you all have awesome days. Ours will be spent at an all day softball tournament for my daughters team!!

Jay

Yay to single digits!!!!! Good luck to the softball team!!

We have the exact same split stay coming up this fall! I'm curious to see how this works out for you. We aren't doing a park on our transfer morning so I was planning on bringing our luggage over to BC ourselves because I wasn't sure how long resort to resort luggage transfers took. May have to rethink it if it's a fairly quick process. :)

We have the exact same split stay coming up this fall! I'm curious to see how this works out for you. We aren't doing a park on our transfer morning so I was planning on bringing our luggage over to BC ourselves because I wasn't sure how long resort to resort luggage transfers took. May have to rethink it if it's a fairly quick process. :) I have been told to expect luggage at the end of the day.:eek: "Expect the worst case scenario and be happy if it arrives early." Be prepared obviously with stuff you will need for the day of transfer" or foot the taxi cab bill and have your luggage with you and store at bell services until you get your room.:goodvibes

A big hello from I95 south in Virginia :) I've been trying to lurk, but you know how it is the last few days before vacation. We should be at Anna Maria island tomorrow afternoon! The kids all just fell asleep. I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here for your help and just being amazingly sweet, hoping to run into quite a few of you next week!!! Teena I'll definitely seek you out the 16 or 17th!
:wave:Pas! Enjoy your beach vacay :beach: We leave Tuesday for Ft Lauderdale. First stop is to pick up pool noodles, lol!! Love floating around the ocean on noodle! So relaxing.

Jay
I know I'm getting close because I'm already panicking that my trip will be over soon!! Lol.

We have the exact same split stay coming up this fall! I'm curious to see how this works out for you. We aren't doing a park on our transfer morning so I was planning on bringing our luggage over to BC ourselves because I wasn't sure how long resort to resort luggage transfers took. May have to rethink it if it's a fairly quick process. :)
I always take a cab with luggage over to new resort. It's worth it for peace of mind that my stuff will be there when I want it. I think people say if wdw transfers they don't start till 3:00

I always take a cab with luggage over to new resort. It's worth it for peace of mind that my stuff will be there when I want it. I think people say if wdw transfers they don't start till 3:00

We also typically have used a taxi for split stays. We wake up early, grab a taxi, check-in at the new resort with our luggage and then start our day. Once years ago, we did leave our luggage with bell services and have them transfer. It did take until later afternoon to receive our luggage. After our great Uber experience in May, I would not hesitate to use Uber for the transfer day. Hmmm....must think about this for August.

Decided to take a cab last split stay from AK.to the Grand. So WORTH it! ::yes::Will do the same this October.:goodvibes
That is exactly how we do split stays. In 15 minutes, you and all your belongings are at the new hotel. Love doing that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter