Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here is a short update on our May 2nd to 7th trip to the Yacht Club. We booked a garden view room and I requested a view of the gazebo. We arrived early, around 11am, our room wasn't ready yet, so we grabbed a sandwich at the YC marketplace. I stopped at the front desk after we ate to check on the status of our room and the CM said that it was a gazebo view room but it hadn't been cleaned yet. I got the impression that it wasn't going to be cleaned for awhile yet because she started searching for an available room without me asking her to do it. The resort had experienced a lot of check outs that day and we saw some housekeepers working until 5pm.

We decided to accept a room overlooking the Admiral Pool (leisure pool) rather than wait for the gazebo view. Although I missed not having a partial view of Crescent Lake, the room without a view was fine.

So for those who are wondering if they actually look at your room requests when assigning a room, it looks like they do make an attempt to try to honor the requests. :)

I posted more pictures of this room on the Yacht Club room view thread:

Yacht Club Room Views | Page 11 | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Yacht Club - room 3092
2 queen beds and a day bed
connecting door and tub/shower combination
overlooking the leisure pool and mostly behind trees

YC 3092 pool view.JPEG

There was nothing exceptional about this room. It had a great view of trees.

But it did have a wifi tower right outside of our room, which gave us great wifi.

cell tower outside YC 3092.JPEG

Last edited:
Does Disney ever do deals for BC/YC? We were hoping to rent DVC points but that didn't happen. The cost to stay at BC/YC during our dates (Jan 11-17) is double what it will cost us to stay at CBR. In fact, the combined cost of the CBR room and our 5-day hoppers is less than just the room at BC! I'm struggling to justify that cost, but darnit I really want to be walking distance to Epcot! I'm hoping maybe they sometimes run specials that include BC/YC so we can look at staying there instead. If not, I'll abandon all hope and try to get excited about CBR instead.

I actually had a question...since my TA was unable to find AP discount availability for Water View my last night at YC I had to bite the bullet and pay rack rate. So technically I have 2 reservations for YC. I did online check in but can I still go to the front desk and let them know the situation so I can stay in the same room?

I actually had a question...since my TA was unable to find AP discount availability for Water View my last night at YC I had to bite the bullet and pay rack rate. So technically I have 2 reservations for YC. I did online check in but can I still go to the front desk and let them know the situation so I can stay in the same room?
About 5-7 days before your check-in date, call (407) 934-7000 and request that your two reservations be noted as continuing. They will ask for your name, resort, and dates. You should also be able to modify any room requests already made.

I've always had very good results, calling this number for the YC - much better than making requests through the central reservations number. Resort CMs have told me that speaking with someone at this number, regarding nearing reservations, is a better idea.

You can stop at the front desk to confirm that you will be staying in the same room. That is something that Disney would prefer, as well, as that will minimize their housekeeping, for this room.

Has anyone who has a YC reservation for the end of July/early August been contacted by Disney with an offer to move resorts? I know that this has happened with some June reservations (general consensus seems to be that the offer was to move to Boardwalk with $ off per night) but curious if anyone has had this happen for a July or August reservation yet.

About 5-7 days before your check-in date, call (407) 934-7000 and request that your two reservations be noted as continuing. They will ask for your name, resort, and dates. You should also be able to modify any room requests already made.

I've always had very good results, calling this number for the YC - much better than making requests through the central reservations number. Resort CMs have told me that speaking with someone at this number, regarding nearing reservations, is a better idea.

You can stop at the front desk to confirm that you will be staying in the same room. That is something that Disney would prefer, as well, as that will minimize their housekeeping, for this room.

Thank you so much, I was able to get through immediately at that number and the CM was able to note it as continuing. Was quick and painless! I’ll be sure to let the front desk know as well.

Does Disney ever do deals for BC/YC? We were hoping to rent DVC points but that didn't happen. The cost to stay at BC/YC during our dates (Jan 11-17) is double what it will cost us to stay at CBR. In fact, the combined cost of the CBR room and our 5-day hoppers is less than just the room at BC! I'm struggling to justify that cost, but darnit I really want to be walking distance to Epcot! I'm hoping maybe they sometimes run specials that include BC/YC so we can look at staying there instead. If not, I'll abandon all hope and try to get excited about CBR instead.

Disney has discounted BC/YC rooms in the past. But I noticed that there were no discounts for January 2022 at BC & YC. I wasn't looking to see if any other Disney resorts have discounts during that time period. I don't know if Disney will decide to discount BC/YC rooms during January. These are weird times -- normally Disney offers discounts to fill rooms. But post-Pandemic, Disney has not opened all of its resorts, and "revenge travel" means people who have been stuck at home for a year want to go away, so Disney might not have to offer as many discounts to fill its rooms.

DVC also is weird at this point, because so many members couldn't or wouldn't travel during the pandemic. So members have "use them or lose them" banked points. I guess your rental agency wasn't able to find anyone who had enough points for the room you wanted to book. (Or you wanted a room size which is already sold out.) You could try the Rent or Trade DVC board here, if you are comfortable renting from an individual rather than an agency.

Mousesavers.com has historical information about discounts. (Reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Last edited:
The deals are hit or miss but have you considered the Swan/Dolphin? We are just back from our first stay and it was lovely. Getting to Epcot and HS was a breeze and the savings compared to Disney hotels were phenomenal. Plus in Jan you won't even get the magical express with a Disney hotel. If you have Apple Pay that was almost as easy as charging to a magic band.

Disney has discounted BC/YC rooms in the past. But I noticed that there were no discounts for January 2022 at BC & YC. I wasn't looking to see if any other Disney resorts have discounts during that time period. I don't know if Disney will decide to discount BC/YC rooms during January. These are weird times -- normally Disney offers discounts to fill rooms. But post-Pandemic, Disney has not opened all of its resorts, and "revenge travel" means people who have been stuck at home for a year want to go away, so Disney might not have to offer as many discounts to fill its rooms.

DVC also is weird at this point, because so many members couldn't or wouldn't travel during the pandemic. So members have "use them or lose them" banked points. I guess your rental agency wasn't able to find anyone who had enough points for the room you wanted to book. (Or you wanted a room size which is already sold out.) You could try the Rent or Trade DVC board here, if you are comfortable renting from an individual rather than an agency.

Mousesavers.com has historical information about discounts. (Reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/
Thank you, this is really helpful! I always forget that there is historical info about discounts out there in the world. If I want to make a reservation now, just in case, would any discounts announced in the future apply? Do I just call and ask them for the discount if something is to pop up? I was thinking I might do that and then cancel if nothing happens (or keep it if we win the lottery 😉 )

The deals are hit or miss but have you considered the Swan/Dolphin? We are just back from our first stay and it was lovely. Getting to Epcot and HS was a breeze and the savings compared to Disney hotels were phenomenal. Plus in Jan you won't even get the magical express with a Disney hotel. If you have Apple Pay that was almost as easy as charging to a magic band.
Yes!! One of them is booked, and the other is the same price as BC, but we do have a reservation at Swan Reserve right now. It just makes me nervous since it isn't open yet and we have so little information about it. I figured I'd wait until after it opens and hope we get some reviews before I make a final decision.

I called a few months ago and asked for a dedicated 2BR at BCV and was told it was noted in my account. I don't see it on there. Is this something I can see in MDE?

In the past, Disney released discounts for January in late September or early October. We have always gotten a resort discount for January in the past. Who knows what is going to happen in 2022.

Can anyone who's there now or has been recently tell me what the bus situation is for Disney Springs from Yacht Club? I want to head over there first thing in the morning for shopping and lunch, but don't know how early I need to get there (or how early buses even run for Disney Springs). It looks like now they open at 10am, is 9:30am too late to try and catch a bus there? Does anything open before 10am for shopping? Thanks!

Can anyone who's there now or has been recently tell me what the bus situation is for Disney Springs from Yacht Club? I want to head over there first thing in the morning for shopping and lunch, but don't know how early I need to get there (or how early buses even run for Disney Springs). It looks like now they open at 10am, is 9:30am too late to try and catch a bus there? Does anything open before 10am for shopping? Thanks!

You might find this thread interesting. It was posted on a DVC board. (My usual reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears to still be loading.)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...t-caused-a-brawl.3837822/page-2#post-62999446

I called a few months ago and asked for a dedicated 2BR at BCV and was told it was noted in my account. I don't see it on there. Is this something I can see in MDE?

Was your reservation made through Disney or through DVC Member Services?

If booked through DVC Member Services: 2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa is a different booking category from 2-Bedroom Villa. It's not a preference. (It's kind of like the way you can book a standard view room or a water view room at the Yacht Club - those are booking categories. If you ask to be on the third floor near the elevator, that's a preference.)
I don't think the word "dedicated" appears on the DVC member website. I think if it doesn't say "lock-off" then it's dedicated.

But I'm not sure how it works if you book it through Disney.

Does it say how many beds it has? A Dedicated has 3 real beds. A lock-off has 2 real beds.

Last edited:
When I was there in April the buses to Disney Springs did not start running until 10:30. I was told it was because the temperature checks at Disney Springs weren’t open until then. I believe the temperature checks have ended so maybe this has changed.

Was your reservation made through Disney or through DVC Member Services?

If booked through DVC Member Services: 2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa is a different booking category from 2-Bedroom Villa. It's not a preference. (It's kind of like the way you can book a standard view room or a water view room at the Yacht Club - those are booking categories. If you ask to be on the third floor near the elevator, that's a preference.)
I don't think the word "dedicated" appears on the DVC member website. I think if it doesn't say "lock-off" then it's dedicated.

But I'm not sure how it works if you book it through Disney.

Does it say how many beds it has? A Dedicated has 3 real beds. A lock-off has 2 real beds.

i booked directly through disney. on MDE it's just listed as "2 Bedroom Villa" with no requests made.

it won't be a problem either way (i'll just make my 10 y/o twins share a pull out, lol). i was just curious.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter