Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The secret entrances, aka fire exits, don't have the HC push buttons. They are a little tricky to enter since they are locked and you need to use your MB to unlock the door.

There aren't very many ground floor water view rooms since the lobby, restaurants, stores, etc, take up much of the ground floor space. Rooms near the volleyball court might be the quietest location for the water view rooms.
This post has info and photos about the Beach Club secret entrance:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451148

I'm not sure how people feel about the ground floor BC patios. I stay at BCV, and to get to Epcot from BCV you walk right by people's patios. I mean so close by, I thought I had made a mistake the first time I went that way. It almost seemed like it would be weird to be sitting on one of those patios when people walked so close by. Also, there's a very wilderness-y little area across from those patios. There could be critters deciding to visit your patio.

I love the 1 bedrooms at both BCV and BWV, but they're pretty expensive if you're going to pay rack rate.

Thanks for your input, Sue and Best Aunt! So, here's another question for you... here's a layout of Water View rooms on Touring Plans for the 4th floor, but it says in the description of the circled area that the balconies are mini rather than full... looking at the building using Google Earth, it LOOKS like they are full sized...

I was thinking if I ask for the highest level room, that this section would be great because the 5th floor doesn't go over this part of the building.... it would be easier to load a scooter on the highest floor going down, rather than a lower floor where guests have been loading on the way down....

Attachments

• Beach Club WV 4th floor.jpg
    Beach Club WV 4th floor.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Beach Club WV 5th floor.jpg
    Beach Club WV 5th floor.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
When trying to book a 2 bedroom at BC September 23-Oct 5 (2A, 3K), both room only and as a package, there is nothing available. Is this because it is too far out for these dates? Or possibly I've missed the boat? Looking to compare against David's DVC for pricing, which I'm sure is less but also no cancellations or changes if our plans change.

When trying to book a 2 bedroom at BC September 23-Oct 5 (2A, 3K), both room only and as a package, there is nothing available. Is this because it is too far out for these dates? Or possibly I've missed the boat? Looking to compare against David's DVC for pricing, which I'm sure is less but also no cancellations or changes if our plans change.
Just FYI I tried to book with Davids for a studio at BC and they have no available points at Beach Club. I have been on a wait list since August 2022. They offered to book me at almost any other property besides Poly as they have no point available there either.

Just FYI I tried to book with Davids for a studio at BC and they have no available points at Beach Club. I have been on a wait list since August 2022. They offered to book me at almost any other property besides Poly as they have no point available there either.
Oh wow! We've never been to DW only DL and so never stayed in Villas. Wow, they go quick! Thanks for the info.

For BC: 7 1/2 months shouldn't be too far out. But maybe 12 days is too long to book easily. And now that I think of it, can you even book a 2-bedroom suite online, or do you have to call?

For BCV: at more than 7 months out, only owners whose home resort is BCV can book BCV on points.

Normally we don't post about availability because people change their minds and cancel all the time, which means availability changes all the time. When you start typing about availability, it could change by the time you finish your post.

But over on the DVC forums, there is some talk about something going on with BCV rooms for September and early October. It looks like rooms have been pulled from inventory. We don't know why. They are doing the soft-goods remodelling now, so it's not that they're pulling rooms for remodelling in September/Oct. (The report is that the 5th floor is done and they are working on the 4th floor.)

So we don't know why this is the situation for September if you want to book on points:
studio: absolutely nothing for the entire month.
1-bedroom: 1 night.
2-bedroom lock-off: absolutely nothing because there are no studios available (a 2-bedroom lock-off is a studio connected to a 1-bedroom).
2-bedroom dedicated: absolutely nothing.

For first 3 weeks in October: nothing for any size villa.

Obviously this could be an IT issue. The rooms could re-appear for booking. But if you think you're going to get a BCV room on points during that time frame, you definitely want to have a backup plan.

And before somebody says, "September and October are always busy at BCV," they should read the thread about how all the rooms seem to have been pulled one night:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-rooms-taken-offline.3908162/

Last edited:
I own at BCV . I believe it’s the smallest resort on property for DVC. Which that in itself makes it tough to book . Once the 7 month window opens all other DVC grab what’s left usually.
You might have better luck booking at Boardwalk if you like the Epcot area.

Anyone have a picture of a water view room at Beach Club where you also have part of the roof as your view? I think you are looking at pool.

We booked water view at Beach and requested a full balcony but I'm trying to temper my husband's expectations. Showing him the best and worst. 😂

So sorry for the trouble, but we'll need to removed from the BOG list for now. Switched my April reservation to Caribbean Beach to save a bit of money for our next trip!

Wow, I've booked a standard room and this review is making me nervous. From the map on TP I see that the standard rooms are pretty much all in a row on the 4th floor. Are they all at risk of being under this lounge or food service area?
Fwiw I had a horrible standard room at Coronado Tower a couple years ago, housekeeping carts late into the night and very early the next morning sounded like light thunder. I went to the front desk the next morning and explained why that room was not ok and they said they would see if they could do anything. A couple hours later I got a call from them and they apologized, said they were aware it was a noisy room due to its location and moved me to another. I can’t promise a Disney hotel will be able to move you but if you find yourself in a room from hell situation don’t be afraid to ask.

For BC: 7 1/2 months shouldn't be too far out. But maybe 12 days is too long to book easily. And now that I think of it, can you even book a 2-bedroom suite online, or do you have to call?

For BCV: at more than 7 months out, only owners whose home resort is BCV can book BCV on points.

Normally we don't post about availability because people change their minds and cancel all the time, which means availability changes all the time. When you start typing about availability, it could change by the time you finish your post.

But over on the DVC forums, there is some talk about something going on with BCV rooms for September and early October. It looks like rooms have been pulled from inventory. We don't know why. They are doing the soft-goods remodelling now, so it's not that they're pulling rooms for remodelling in September/Oct. (The report is that the 5th floor is done and they are working on the 4th floor.)

So we don't know why this is the situation for September if you want to book on points:
studio: absolutely nothing for the entire month.
1-bedroom: 1 night.
2-bedroom lock-off: absolutely nothing because there are no studios available (a 2-bedroom lock-off is a studio connected to a 1-bedroom).
2-bedroom dedicated: absolutely nothing.

For first 3 weeks in October: nothing for any size villa.

Obviously this could be an IT issue. The rooms could re-appear for booking. But if you think you're going to get a BCV room on points during that time frame, you definitely want to have a backup plan.

And before somebody says, "September and October are always busy at BCV," they should read the thread about how all the rooms seem to have been pulled one night:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-rooms-taken-offline.3908162/
Thanks, this helps give me a general understanding and a place to start. Will hop on over to the DVC page and see what I can find out and likely consider other options.

Anyone have a picture of a water view room at Beach Club where you also have part of the roof as your view? I think you are looking at pool.

We booked water view at Beach and requested a full balcony but I'm trying to temper my husband's expectations. Showing him the best and worst. 😂
Here's the link to Touring Plans resort views for Water View - 4th floor...

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/160/building?utf8=✓&hotel=226&building=160&trip_id=1071683&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=any&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=02/12/2023&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=275&no_draw=false&rooms=true&floor=4

Probably the worst of the worst for WV category since it's a mini balcony also...

what does everyone think of the ale and compass breakfast? I heard in various YouTube videos and blogs its a good value breakfast. Can my spouse order the buffet with the entree and maybe myself just the entree and pick a small bit at her buffet items? I’d hope they wouldn’t make a big stink about that lol

what does everyone think of the ale and compass breakfast? I heard in various YouTube videos and blogs its a good value breakfast. Can my spouse order the buffet with the entree and maybe myself just the entree and pick a small bit at her buffet items? I’d hope they wouldn’t make a big stink about that lol
We really liked the Ale & Compass breakfast and ate there a couple times when we were there in November. You would be welcome to share your spouses entree, but you couldn't "share" their buffet. Honestly, if you are planning to order a drink also, getting the buffet is about the same price. If you order just an entree, a drink is not included, but if you order the buffet/entree deal, a drink is included. Please don't put your server in the awkward situation of having to confront you about eating from the buffet when you didn't pay for it.

We like to have breakfast at Ale and Compass on our departure days when we are staying at the YC or BC. The wait staff is not going to say anything to you if grab a piece of fruit off your spouse's plate. In fact, they are very non-confrontational at Disney. But as others have said, if you want a beverage like coffee or juice, or both, the buffet is worth the extra cost. :)

Thanks for your input, Sue and Best Aunt! So, here's another question for you... here's a layout of Water View rooms on Touring Plans for the 4th floor, but it says in the description of the circled area that the balconies are mini rather than full... looking at the building using Google Earth, it LOOKS like they are full sized...
As you know, the balcony situation as the BC is roughly 50/50 for full vs standing balconies. And the tricky thing is you can't say which floor has all full balconies since it is all mixed up. But in general, standard and garden view rooms tend to be 50/50 on the balcony issue while water view rooms tend to have less than 50% full balconies.

I would have to stand there and count them, but I think 2nd floor water view rooms have the most full balconies. :)

Looks like there is an issue with some of the February calendars on your VERY helpful thread.

Can someone here post the February activities schedule and/or email me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

:thanks:
Hi there! Yes, the poster of those calendars noticed last week and mentioned it on the thread - they were just disappearing and then reappearing. They have been corrected and should all work now!! Here’s a copy.

18AF8268-091B-4C4B-B5C6-DAA6E1493A27.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter